Motherwell FC 2014/15 season

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some great work by the club with the new additions, its been apparent all season where we've been short and you could argue that we should have been bringing bodies in for these areas during the summer and (obviously) didn't. It's definitely encouraging that the club & manager have actually identified the areas that needed strengthening and acted positively on getting players in rather than just deny it and hope for the best.

Though a number of the loans are clearly short term fixes to cover the injuries we have, by extension given he's been here a couple of months this probably gives a fairly clear indication of how Baraclough views the squad so it'll be interesting to see who'll be getting their jotters in the summer.

Yeah exactly that, encouraging to see Bara has identified the problem areas (shouldn't be too hard - everywhere!) and then gone out to sort it. Short term fix with a long term goal I see this as. First we need to stay up, then in summer it'll be a clearance. Let's learn from Dundee Utd and, dare I say, Accies and get the young guys tied up on long contracts and not allow ourselves to be bent over when their time comes to leave!

O'Brien and McManus are both fucking clownshoes. Need to ditch both of them right away. I am happy enough with Reid and Kerr at centre half.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of either O'Brien or McManus, but they are the two best centre-backs that we've got. Obviously I can't comment on Laing as he pissed off 20 minutes into his debut...

Prefer Reid at right-back. Kerr is just plain shite.

They'll do until the summer, when I assume Baraclough will bring in a couple of his own men for that position.

My only fear is entirely hibs-ing this season. There's been a few hints at recovery in the last couple of games, but the County game is vital. Get out there and scud them and we could be back on track.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of either O'Brien or McManus, but they are the two best centre-backs that we've got. Obviously I can't comment on Laing as he pissed off 20 minutes into his debut...

Prefer Reid at right-back. Kerr is just plain shite.

They'll do until the summer, when I assume Baraclough will bring in a couple of his own men for that position.

The only thing I'll say about Kerr is that he's rarely been shite when actually played as a centre back (as opposed to a right winger or right back).....

The only thing I'll say about Kerr is that he's rarely been shite when actually played as a centre back (as opposed to a right winger or right back).....

Kerr cannot tackle. He doesn't know how too. Surely he'll put his body in the way of a shot and he's decent enough in the air and he's got a motor on him but he cannot tackle.

Just for a start he's good for at least 2 red cards a season and a couple of penalties and various St.Johnstone-esque defensive calamities if played at centre back. Not the answer.

I reckon with George Long, Motherwell have a keeper that will save them from relegation. Don't think Twardzik inspires the defence (In the games/highlights I've seen) with a defence that's confident in their keeper, they'll start concentrating on their own game and become more astute at the back.

That is unless Long proves to be a disaster, I know he's very highly rated, but being dropped from Oxford United and having to be dropped for Mark Howard aren't the most glowing of recommendations.

That is unless Long proves to be a disaster, I know he's very highly rated, but being dropped from Oxford United and having to be dropped for Mark Howard aren't the most glowing of recommendations.

Noticed he was 3rd choice at Sheff Utd and understudy to not only Howard but Iain Turner, he was honking. Saying that my mate is a huge sheff utd fan and can't speak highly enough of Long. Will be interesting.

Interesting to see from Alan Burrows' Twitter that we apparently missed out on two deals yesterday. If that's on top of what we actually managed to bring in then that's a quite remarkable number of players for us to have been looking at signing. Not that I'm complaining as we clearly need players who are better than we have at the moment, just...well, it's quite unfamiliar territory in recent years.

Also, it seems there's a possibility of a free agent coming in as well. We had a trialist (Paul George) playing for the U20s earlier.

Yeah, can't blame Baraclough on that one. It's a real shame though, because Ainsworth is a great talent. Last season, he reached double figures for both goals and assists - that's a great achievement. For whatever reason, he just hasn't been up to it this season.

I don't envisage seeing him starting many games before his deal expires in the summer. A return to the benches of League 2 in England beckons.

Archived