Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

Letheren had an amazing record last season, conceding just 28 goals in his 39 games. Yes, it's a different level, but his shot stopping is brilliant. His GPG against average is 0.72, much better.

Scott Fox had an even better record at Partick Thistle the year before, but when he was in the Premiership he floundered a little.

Bain will eventually usurp Letheren and has a great career ahead of him.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Fox had an even better record at Partick Thistle the year before, but when he was in the Premiership he floundered a little.

This.

I can't help but agree with you. As it stands though Letheren is number one so enjoys the challenge and kicks on. He is definitely a better keeper than when he arrived but you do see a few worrying weaknesses in his game every so often.

Hartley seems to like his keepers to be good footballers too so I'm guessing this will accelerate Bain's promotion into the team.

For the record I absolutely love Letheren and would love it if he proves us wrong. He's only had one season as a number one.

I agree with you but don't think he's as bad as people think. Certainly has shaky moments in him but I would genuinely rather Letheren to Samson.

How did you feel in the shop?

On the odd occasion I've had to go into the United shop I feel very unclean.

Honestly I know you guys wash and stuff in Angus but that's just how I felt.

I once had to go to the Rangers shop at Ibrox. It was a fucking awful feeling.

I felt okay actually. Although I had to wait a while and become more and more paranoid that I might be spotted as an imposter.

I can't help but agree with you. As it stands though Letheren is number one so enjoys the challenge and kicks on. He is definitely a better keeper than when he arrived but you do see a few worrying weaknesses in his game every so often.

Hartley seems to like his keepers to be good footballers too so I'm guessing this will accelerate Bain's promotion into the team.

For the record I absolutely love Letheren and would love it if he proves us wrong. He's only had one season as a number one.

From what I have seen of him, I think Letheren is a solid keeper and he's also passionate about Dundee. The 'Banksian' save he produced against Dumbarton was out of this world. Parts of his game can be improved but so can parts of most players games. He is our No 1 and on a roll. Anyway what it will come down to is our superior midfield.

Just think, in little over 24 hours this forum will be filled with the first gloating and seethe of the season.

I can't wait, absolutely brilliant to get the football back. World Cup was a wee distraction but give me a game at Dens over that pish anytime.

*DISCLAIMER* Heart over head pish coming up - I've utterly convinced myself of a comfortable Dundee win despie my attempts to temper my enthusiasm so should there be any other outcome I'll most likely see myself appear in the Heads Gone thread.

3-0 Tankulic (2 - pass into the bottom corner and a poachers goal) and Harkins (free kick)

Att - 7,458

I'm just happy that the wait is over. The close season is shite. The World Cup almost made it bearable.

Back to the promised land of undercooked pies (away games only obviously), high ticket prices, G4S treating me like a criminal just for being in a football ground and AJ's long ball tactics which will most likely lead to relegation.

Can't wait.

I'm just happy that the wait is over. The close season is shite. The World Cup almost made it bearable.

Back to the promised land of undercooked pies (away games only obviously), high ticket prices, G4S treating me like a criminal just for being in a football ground and AJ's long ball tactics which will most likely lead to relegation.

Can't wait.

I've put up my Killie preview. 1700 words, got some wee gifs in there for those that asked, and I stand by all my assertations. Still have a doubt in my mind about how Killie will line up, and I'm unsure how Hartley is certain on their XI, but I for certain know where we will target.

http://dundeetactics.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/killie-preview/

I'm very intrigued to see how both teams cope, being that we're both starting the passing game style this season. I think it could turn in to one of them getting the upper hand, and the other just resorting to more long balls and tougher tackling. Especially if Dundee lose a CM, and as expected Eremenko doesn't start.

I've put up my Killie preview. 1700 words, got some wee gifs in there for those that asked, and I stand by all my assertations. Still have a doubt in my mind about how Killie will line up, and I'm unsure how Hartley is certain on their XI, but I for certain know where we will target.

http://dundeetactics.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/killie-preview/

I'm very intrigued to see how both teams cope, being that we're both starting the passing game style this season. I think it could turn in to one of them getting the upper hand, and the other just resorting to more long balls and tougher tackling. Especially if Dundee lose a CM, and as expected Eremenko doesn't start.

Great write up.

Can't wait.

That's the spirit!

Well I couldn't be bothered going to the effort of booking my tickets in advance so it looks like I'll be in the Shankly

I think it'll be a draw tomorrow but I see no reason why Dundee can't sneak it. Not been to pre-season so looking forward to seeing the new players for the first time.

It feels completely different from Killie on the first day last time round though

Archived