Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

Golly gosh, we've only gone and signed a left-back. Ex Man City kid Chris Chantler, and he's in the squad for tomorrow.

REJOICE!

St Mirren signed a player on loan from Man City. Apparently he's utter horse.

Oh, and mind we pumped City 2-0.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm optimistic too, if Harkins is dundees best players we should be ok for another season

Dundee are not reliant on one player like Harkins. Hartley has created a proper team where the sum is greater than the individual parts! So fingers crossed teams do focus on Harkins only, because that will free up our other attacking players. Routine 2-0 Dundee win here!

He's ex-Man City though, so that's a bonus ;)

He played really well against Morecambe apparently, and had been on trial for a few weeks so it's not a rushed move. In all honesty, he can't be any worse than Tesselaar or McKeown so I'm happy.

Dundee are not reliant on one player like Harkins. Hartley has created a proper team where the sum is greater than the individual parts! So fingers crossed teams do focus on Harkins only, because that will free up our other attacking players. Routine 2-0 Dundee win here!

I can't see any Premiership side focus all their attention on a guy who has, a 4 month spell aside, never shown anything in the top flight.

I'm optimistic too, if Harkins is dundees best players we should be ok for another season

True, you'll not have to worry about him in your last five games against the other bottom six sides.

I can't see any Premiership side focus all their attention on a guy who has, a 4 month spell aside, never shown anything in the top flight.

Even better for us if they leave him alone and let him do his stuff.

Even better for us if they leave him alone and let him do his stuff.

Flatter to deceive? ;)

I don't know why I'm mock arguing anyway, I've always had a wee soft spot for Dundee. They were the team when I was a mascot at Rugby Park (23/09/1998 Kilmarnock 2-1 Dundee. Goalscorers McCoist, McGowne and Annand) and Barry Smith ruffled my hair and said he liked my boots 8).

Flatter to deceive? ;)

I don't know why I'm mock arguing anyway, I've always had a wee soft spot for Dundee. They were the team when I was a mascot at Rugby Park (23/09/1998 Kilmarnock 2-1 Dundee. Goalscorers McCoist, McGowne and Annand) and Barry Smith ruffled my hair and said he liked my boots 8).

Remember it well. Midweek game?

Can't wait for tomorrow, hard to predict being the 1st league game of the season. Don't really know what to expect from killie, general consensus seems to be Boyd kept them up last season, thankfully he's ran off to a lower league team for some wonga. Criticism of Letheren a bit harsh, done the job last season. If he's not up to it at this level got Bain anyway. Harkins was made to play for Dundee, he only went to St Mirren to take himself off the wage bill until we came back up. Roll on 3 o'clock tomorrow.

Flatter to deceive? ;)

Always remember Barry smith when I was mascot at dens when he came up to me and said my name. I remember asking him how he knew my name and being in so much shock that a Dundee player knew me. Great guy. Cannagia was there too but refused to get a photo with him as he played for the opposition (rangers)

Flatter to deceive? ;)

Did you get to go in the big bath with the players and did they let you milk a cow blindfolded?

He lacked even the most basic of catching skills whilst at Kilmarnock. That will become a problem when you're up against even bigger, stronger or faster players.

Just as well you don't have any of them then.

(He says without a fucking clue what any of the Killie players are like)

Can't wait for tomorrow, hard to predict being the 1st league game of the season. Don't really know what to expect from killie, general consensus seems to be Boyd kept them up last season, thankfully he's ran off to a lower league team for some wonga. Criticism of Letheren a bit harsh, done the job last season. If he's not up to it at this level got Bain anyway. Harkins was made to play for Dundee, he only went to St Mirren to take himself off the wage bill until we came back up. Roll on 3 o'clock tomorrow.

Before Boyd it was Kyle. When backs are to the wall, the temptation to funnel everything towards the big lump can be strong. We appear to have a few options now and, at this time of the season, the chance is there for a wee bit tinkering. I just hope AJ has the ability and vision to get the best from the squad. Still not convinced, but you never know...

Harkins will probably score. Tw@.

Letheren? Absolute gash when he played for Killie, but seems to have done a job for Dundee.

Anyway - less than a day to go, new season, anything can happen.

Welcome back to the Big League, Dundee.

Golly gosh, we've only gone and signed a left-back. Ex Man City kid Chris Chantler, and he's in the squad for tomorrow.

REJOICE!

Exhibit B: Ryan McGivern.

Flatter to deceive? ;)

You mean Barry Smith the beast

Archived