Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draw a fair result, just couldn't get the winner, killies defence like treacle for us. I knew that free kick for killie was going to end up in the back of the net and it was a peach from where i was sitting. Still impressed with our midfield and with a bit more polish up front we would have had all three points today. Peaso done well when he come on and was unlucky with that free kick at the end. Anybody who thinks it will be a long season for us cause we had a draw today is clearly a nominee for heid's gone IMO.

First half even - maybe slightly edged by Killie. Second half all Dundee.

McGowan head and shoulders best player on the park. McPake solid. Ferry was impressive. Letheren had a bit of a 'mare but still kept us in the game with a great save 1st half, when he ran past the ball he was almost dead to me. McGinn struggled a bit for me but just seemed like 1 of those days where the ball wouldn't sit for him.

Thankfully it fell to Obadeyi - cracker against Morecambe aside, a truly awful player. Big and quick, loves to fall over the ball. Honking.

I thought Magennis had an ok game to be fair but (as most Killie fans know) he's not gonna get those 10+ goals a season.

The wee winger Johnston was different class to the rest of Killies team and I was delighted to see him go off for Eremenko who contributed nothing (obviously not fit for a game yet) - getting him fit could make a difference to Killies season.

Samson was solid as well - effectively kept Killie in the game.

We need to stop fannying about at the back - if we want to play it short then it needs to be sharp, caught out too many times. Also lacked that cutting edge up top but hopefully that will come in the next few weeks.

Having just seen the highlights of this on SSN, anyone criticising the Dundee keeper for the goal is being incredibly harsh. Its a fucking sensational hit

RandomGuy., on 09 Aug 2014 - 18:32, said:RandomGuy., on 09 Aug 2014 - 18:32, said:

Having just seen the highlights of this on SSN, anyone criticising the Dundee keeper for the goal is being incredibly harsh. Its a fucking sensational hit

Agreed, Letheren had a few dodgy moments in the game but the free-kick is all Slater.

ETA: Less than 500 Killie fans according to Jim Spence?! That's shocking.

Was at this game today, enjoyed it was a pretty open game.

The first half was pretty even imo, I thought the pen was soft but Harkins probably deserved it, played really well today.

What a free-kick the Killie lad scored, can't see why Letheren is getting criticised for the goal tbh.

Killie looked really shakey at the back especially the number 19.

What was Allan Johnston thinking? Johnstone and McKenzie were the best Killie players on the park, was completely baffled when he took him off for that fat c**t.

And that boy who missed the open goal? :lol: He was fucking awful!

On that display I think Killie are in for a long hard season and if they don't strengthen before the window shuts I can see them going down, look at lot weaker than last season. I think Dundee will be ok, should stay up.

If Dundee continue to play that style of football the season, the derbies will be a thing of beauty, two teams getting the ball down and playing good football.

Buzzing for September!

My view of today's game has been summed up by previous posts. Draw fair, even 1st half, we had the second, soft pen, cracking free kick. Did anyone else see killies subby goalie dunting his napper off the dugout? I heard it fae the Derry.

The important thing was not to lose today, 3 points would've been great but I'm happy wi a point. Roll the ba 6 inches back next time Peaso!

Have a good night fellow dees.

Was at this game today, enjoyed it was a pretty open game.

The first half was pretty even imo, I thought the pen was soft but Harkins probably deserved it, played really well today.

What a free-kick the Killie lad scored, can't see why Letheren is getting criticised for the goal tbh.

Killie looked really shakey at the back especially the number 19.

What was Allan Johnston thinking? Johnstone and McKenzie were the best Killie players on the park, was completely baffled when he took him off for that fat c**t.

And that boy who missed the open goal? :lol: He was fucking awful!

On that display I think Killie are in for a long hard season and if they don't strengthen before the window shuts I can see them going down, look at lot weaker than last season. I think Dundee will be ok, should stay up.

If Dundee continue to play that style of football the season, the derbies will be a thing of beauty, two teams getting the ball down and playing good football.

Buzzing for September!

Getting back to your roots were you? Grandad would be proud.

My view of today's game has been summed up by previous posts. Draw fair, even 1st half, we had the second, soft pen, cracking free kick. Did anyone else see killies subby goalie dunting his napper off the dugout? I heard it fae the Derry.

The important thing was not to lose today, 3 points would've been great but I'm happy wi a point. Roll the ba 6 inches back next time Peaso!

Have a good night fellow dees.

Mostly agree, penalty was a stonewaller from The Coxy.

I saw that with the keeper - think he got the ball in the face then smacked the back of his head on the dugout?

Der Panzer, on 09 Aug 2014 - 19:23, said:

Mostly agree, penalty was a stonewaller from The Coxy.

I saw that with the keeper - think he got the ball in the face then smacked the back of his head on the dugout?

Thought Harkins went down awful softly myself and I was in the Cox.

The sub keeper looked to have taken a right dunt as the physio rushed over. :lol:

Kyle defo at fault for the goal, he positioned his wall then stood behind it. The ball wasn't even that close to the post, although well hit his positioning was off, and I'm a fan of Lethern. I don't think he was on his A game today, few bad kicks, running under the ball 2nd half, punching a tame cross when the catch was easy ... Made a good save but he's better than his overall performance today.

In all honesty kille fans will we stay up? Do we look good enough etc?

Personally I think killie may feel they could of gone in at half time with the lead but a good save from letheren ensured we went in level. Second half I think its fair to say we dominated it! Samson kept killie in it second half tbf and had a very good game. Harkins and macgowan were head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch today, excellent footballers. Thomson is very effective at sitting as a deep play maker too. We look strong in the middle of the park thats for sure. I feel if we play like that for the rest of the season we should have no worrys about getting relegated. Looks a promising season for us, some very good football at times and we're in total control second half.

Killie - hmm not too sure. Seemed decent first half and part of second untill they somehow took off johnstone who was there best player by a mile but they were obviously content in playing for a point. Feel they may struggle for goals but hard to judge after 1 game. There defence did well second half though and dealt reasonably well with our on slaught.

A point will do even if we could have had all 3, onwards and upwards.

P.s really dont see the killie and st mirren fans remarks regarding harkins. Was brilliant today and gave killie a torrid time and wasnt lazy in the slightest. Maybe the shoe just fits with him at dundee but he was excellent again today. Very classy footballer.

A lot of the points I was going to make have been covered already. I actually didn't think we were at our best, quite sloppy at times, especially playing out from the back. We are a delight to watch though and I agree with the utd fan, septembers game will be a cracker.

Killie looked ok, I think the defence will take a lot of confidence keeping us out second half, especially after conceding the most last season.

Promising but lacked that killer touch/finish in the final third. Roll on Wednesday.

Archived