Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Head. Hurts.

A brilliant day out though, with a surprisingly entertaining match to boot. As others have said, we were better in the first half and Dundee were much better in the second. Both teams hitting the crossbar too. For Killie - Barbour, Pascali, Eremenko and Obadeyi were the only players not to at least get pass marks. Chantler a good addition at left-back, Connolly solid at the back and Magennis was a pest. Positive about the season.

As for Dundee, I don't think their fans need to worry. You'll comfortably stay up this year. Harkins was excellent, and Ferry, Thomson, McGowan and GGH looks like a great midfield for this level (I thought you told us that Harkins and McGowan couldn't play together St Mirren fans?!) so if you can keep them all fit then you stand a chance of pushing for the top-6.

Oh, and if Killie have to suffer, then I may as well benefit ;)

post-37086-0-65609300-1407657771_thumb.j

Head. Hurts.

A brilliant day out though, with a surprisingly entertaining match to boot. As others have said, we were better in the first half and Dundee were much better in the second. Both teams hitting the crossbar too. For Killie - Barbour, Pascali, Eremenko and Obadeyi were the only players not to at least get pass marks. Chantler a good addition at left-back, Connolly solid at the back and Magennis was a pest. Positive about the season.

As for Dundee, I don't think their fans need to worry. You'll comfortably stay up this year. Harkins was excellent, and Ferry, Thomson, McGowan and GGH looks like a great midfield for this level (I thought you told us that Harkins and McGowan couldn't play together St Mirren fans?!) so if you can keep them all fit then you stand a chance of pushing for the top-6.

Oh, and if Killie have to suffer, then I may as well benefit ;)

attachicon.gifGH.JPG

Don't spend all £16 at once :)

AJ on Gary Harkins

"the penalty looked soft. I don't think there was much contact. We've seen some of the highlights from pre season as well, some of the other games where there didn't seem much contact either and he went down very easily. There was slight contact but you can't dive into players like that if you know their reputation."

Now is it just me or is he hurting a little? I don't see harkins as that type but maybe someone can tell me different. Ok the penalty might be soft but the defender has clearly went in late and in any case it's a foul wether he goes down or not

AJ on Gary Harkins

"the penalty looked soft. I don't think there was much contact. We've seen some of the highlights from pre season as well, some of the other games where there didn't seem much contact either and he went down very easily. There was slight contact but you can't dive into players like that if you know their reputation."

Now is it just me or is he hurting a little? I don't see harkins as that type but maybe someone can tell me different. Ok the penalty might be soft but the defender has clearly went in late and in any case it's a foul wether he goes down or not

I don't think he's "hurting". He's also said that a draw was a fair result but you could have nicked it late on. The tackle for the penalty was silly, and whether Harkins 'played for it' or not, it was still a penalty.

AJ on Gary Harkins

They're nearly all 'that type' of player, its not very often you see a player try and shrug off a tackle, if there's any contact the vast majority drop like they've been hit by the proverbial Jap sniper. It seems to be the way of it now.

I regret not putting more on. It was always going to happen so I really should have...

Deafening silence re the bus trip home QLP.....

Was it rampant man love and everybody's feeling a bit sheepish this morning?

We will need to tighten up at the back for definite. With the offensive midfield we can concede massive amounts of space when attacks breakdown. I thought a combination of a bit of luck and the 2 Killie forwards being 'workmanlike' saved us. Johnston looked a real player for Killie - maybe they felt he was tiring but his substitution seemed odd.

I thought McPake looked exactly as I hoped he would - kind of no nonsense CH all teams like us crave. Got his head on a lot of crosses and had a few great one on one tackles. Konrad looked a bit lost and overwhelmed. McGinn - great going forward - a little naive in defence at times. Letheren - well - that was the least confident I've felt about him in any game.

I was watching Letheren warm up and he let 3/4 shots through his legs. From then on I got the fear every time he was called into action; that's not the first time he's just ran past his own player and the ball.

Annoys me when managers come out and accuse players of diving when they're not divers. Everyone on this forum has mentioned how good harkins can be and if he's playing like that then boys are going to mis time tackles.

With letheren I'm giving him a chance. First game in the spl for us against his old club who didn't rate him. He would of had some emotions going through him but what a save in the first half from the header. That could of changed the game. hopefully that's is shaky start over with and we see the keeper he really is this season

Some good killie pressing and a lot of fannying about at the back meant we wasted most of the first half stuck I'm our own half. Different story 2nd half, our midfield was a joy to watch at times but just couldn't find the killer pass.

On that performance we'll finish comfortably ahead of killie and don't think Hamilton will be anywhere near us. Killie were a lot better than I expected but think they'll struggle to score goals. A decent attack would have taken 2 or 3 off us today quite easily.

Not convinced with that formation. Would prefer a 4-2-3-1 with McAllister coming in for Stewart.

Eremenko has clearly enjoyed his summer off. Good stone off his fighting weight, gave the ball away everytime he touched it.

Good crowd from dundee, shit crowd from killie. Quiet as f**k crowd for dundee, fairly noisy crowd from killie from what I could hear in the Derry

This reads as if your arguing with yourself

We take our chances and we win that game comfortably. Goals are definitely going to be a problem this season, although hopefully miller coming in will help. I'd have liked to see McKenzie play off Magennis rather than Tope as he was a complete carthorse. We came out for a point in the second half and our superb defending ensured we got it. I reckon we will finish above Dundee this season - Harkins is very inconsistent and without him on form its difficult to see much creativity in that team.

Ridiculous post

I don't think he's "hurting". He's also said that a draw was a fair result but you could have nicked it late on. The tackle for the penalty was silly, and whether Harkins 'played for it' or not, it was still a penalty.

Actually thought AJ came across really well when asked about the penalty. I would have been raging if it happened at the other end

AJ needs to wind his neck in and tell his players they have their own strips so stop trying to rear them off the opposition.

Think Jim McAllister made a huge stake to start next game, showed huge determination to win and travel with the ball ...

Greg Stewart should've stayed on and Tank subbed first in my opinion.

Trip to ICT won't be easy ...

Archived