Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

Home to Kilmarnock is a game you should be looking to win, in all fairness, pretty sure they lost more away games last season than any other team in the league. And home form is key to getting in the top half, only 7 teams won more home games than they lost, and six of those were in the top half by the end. Only three teams won away more than they lost, and they finished in the top three.

Really? Wow.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most encouraging thing from yesterday was that every Killie chance was gifted to them with our defence passing it around.

Once half time come the guys seemed to completely cut it out and Killie's chances dried up.

If that's sorted then I can't see how that side can be much further ahead.

Agreed Harry - and said the same thing at HT. Killie had about 4-5 chances first half and almost all were a result of us gifting them the ball in our defensive third. We cut that out at HT and their only real chance was another gift from Letheren.

Get Bain in goal, and stop fucking about at the back when we're being pressed and we'll be fine. As much as we all want to see the shirt one-touch passing from back to front, in the first half we kept trying to pass to a man even if he was marked which was suicide - but cutting that out 2nd half allowed us to play them off the park.

The possession stats from yesterday are really excellent. Possession football is proven to lead to goals and ultimately wins so we're on the right track. As others have mentioned though, need to improve distribution out from the back, get it straight out to KT and the midfield.

I thought it was a pretty even first half and Dundee totally dominated the second half. Our Midfield 4 were outstanding. McGinn looked really nervous and made 3 bad mistakes in the first 5 minutes. Letheren is pish the defenders have no confidence in him, when McPake was down injured Thomson was over at Geddes in the dugout giving him stick about Letheren asking why he is so slow off his line. Bain will be in goal as soon as he is fit I reckon.

On the performance today their is no way we will finish below Kilmarnock.

To put this result in perspective, for anyone suggesting we'll struggle since we didn't beat Kilmarnock at home, look at the last time we were in the SPL. Drew 0-0 away against Kilmarnock with one of the worst teams in top flight history. That Killie team went on to almost finish top 6. I'm not suggesting we'll do that this year but to make any kind of prediction at this stage is madness.

Home to Kilmarnock is a game you should be looking to win, in all fairness, pretty sure they lost more away games last season than any other team in the league. And home form is key to getting in the top half, only 7 teams won more home games than they lost, and six of those were in the top half by the end. Only three teams won away more than they lost, and they finished in the top three.

post-39390-0-98839200-1407677183.jpg

Highlights of the game can be found here: Link.

I've put it through a proxy since it's not available in the UK yet so everyone can watch them.

Taking me to the proxy home page, need to type in the URL manually- do you have it??

ETA I just watched full highlights on dfc TV but maybe handy for others.

Was very pleasing watching fat useless Harkins burst through seconds into the 2nd half. No one could get near him.

As a newly promoted team with almost an entire side who had only played together competitively once I felt we started a bit nervously. We settled well in the second half though and I was very disappointed we didn't turn our dominance into a victory. I think we will look back at this result as 2 points dropped against a hoof up the park team who will struggle to survive.

Still think we are a couple of players short of being a top 6 team though. Letheren is an accident waiting to happen (hopefully Bain comes in) and we need a couple of better players at the back. As things stand I feel we will play most teams off the park but still not get the results we need.

Wonder if Craig will take this on, in theory should be a no brainer in his mind

Missed it first time around, but yeah I'd be happy to take him up on that. Since we're both students I guess £10 makes sense?

tripc0de, on 10 Aug 2014 - 14:35, said:

Link doesn't work for me. Was going to forward it on. Don't need it myself as have DFCtv.

As I says, just fire the youtube link into the proxy page if it's not taking you straight to the highlights.

tripc0de, on 10 Aug 2014 - 14:46, said:

It's doing the same as the link I provided. Must be only the user that gets directed to the actual highlights. It's not hard to zap the youtube link into the proxy site though.

Archived