Ayr United vs. Greenock Morton

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott McLaughlin was excellent today, and a great shout by Roberts taking off the centre back and shifting McLaughlin in there. Best team definitely got the points today.

Fair play to Morton. To keep it to single figures this week was testimony to their fighting spirit and never say die attitude. I'm sure you'll be safe this season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First time I've seen us this season, was pleasantly surprised albeit Morton were dreadful. Thought Devlin had a good game both defensively and going forward which was good to see. McGovern/Murphy definitely look like decent players. I was literally thinking Donnelly was a bit hopeless as the cross came in, some finish. I think we are a striker, centre half (if Campbell gets injured) and possibly a centre mid away from a play off finish thoigh.

We'll be nowhere near relegation.

People were just a bit depressed losing players like Moffat and not having confidence in Roberts. There's actually plenty of quality in our team, it just needs finished off with some more experience.

Well, the reality is: you're every bit as sh*te as we are and we've got to be one of the worst sides.

We're definitely not quite as shit as Morton. Bookmark that if you like.

That was one of the sh*ttest teams and performances I've witnessed in 13 years and we still had the better of the chances today.

You'll be getting rode like bitches most weeks, just like us.

That was one of the sh*ttest teams and performances I've witnessed in 13 years and we still had the better of the chances today. You'll be getting rode like bitches most weeks, just like us.

^^^ Taking it well.

I realise we are a huge club in scotland with tradition and a winning mentality unrivalled in the past 25 years, but that Morton line up today would struggle to make the promotion play offs in league 2.

Duffy has assembled an absolute clusterfuck of a squad overloaded with shite defenders and not much else.

No morton fan should be surprised with that from the moment he was appointed, but it still is a massive boot in the balls when it becomes reality, when you realise that with a competent manager and balanced squad we could at least make the playoffs this season with our eyes closed. Instead we will hurtle to successive relegations. At least with 6 centrebacks on the pitch we shouldnt concede 10 at any point this season.

We are a shambles. Why does Duffy find it necessary to play so many players out of position? It just doesn't work when you have centre back playing as full backs and one playing in centre mid. We have absolutely no creativity whatsoever and it's killing us going forward. We need to learn to get the ball on the f*cking deck than trying to hoof it up the park to the 2 smallest players on the pitch, where's the logic in that? Get it f*cking sorted Duffy I came to watch a football team, that wasn't one today!!

Special shoutout to that young Forrest who I thought was excellent. Ayr will do well to keep a hold of him.

We should sign him. We could use some competition for the goalkeeping position.

Archived