Ayr United vs. Greenock Morton

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty even game that could have went either way until Allan's daft tackle and red card. Some of the posts on here from ton fans are a bit ott. We made chances, granted our finishing was poor but McManus looks as if he will do well and with barrowman and mccluskey coming back soon it'll hopefully bring some goals. Still undecided on the manager but surely Duffy will bring in an experienced centre mid as although I like miller he's not a midfielder.

Also think some folk need to be realistic. We are not going to win every game in this league but I think we'll do enough to get a playoff place.

Well no - absolutely no-one has claimed, predicted, expected Morton "to win every game" - noreviews even mount a credible challenge. It's fairly basic however to have players operating in the correct positions from a balanced squad selected by a credible manager. We quite clearly have none of the above which would be an unacceptable situation at any halfway competent, professional club, except The Rangers.

Unfortunately we apparently have to wait until the incumbent manager confirms that he's hopeless in match management, on top of his dire track record and piss-poor transfer business, before making such statements of the obvious.

Pretty even game that could have went either way until Allan's daft tackle and red card. Some of the posts on here from ton fans are a bit ott. We made chances, granted our finishing was poor but McManus looks as if he will do well and with barrowman and mccluskey coming back soon it'll hopefully bring some goals. Still undecided on the manager but surely Duffy will bring in an experienced centre mid as although I like miller he's not a midfielder.

Also think some folk need to be realistic. We are not going to win every game in this league but I think we'll do enough to get a playoff place.

We said he would surely bring in some full backs too, yet here we are with Duffy planning to play centre backs there all season. You could see how well that's going to work with the absolute roasting Lamie got on Saturday.

I can't believe tam McManus gets included in that Henry. The football brains of Roberts and McManus linking up were a joy to behold. They were above anything else on the pitch. I remember them dismantling inverness caley by themselves up there. Their passing and knowledge of where the other was cannot be taught. It was instinctive and what every manager desires. The fact neither of them had any pace limits my case and I agree re the rest of the bums but I think tam gets it tight unneccessarily. I liked him

I can't believe tam McManus gets included in that Henry. The football brains of Roberts and McManus linking up were a joy to behold. They were above anything else on the pitch. I remember them dismantling inverness caley by themselves up there. Their passing and knowledge of where the other was cannot be taught. It was instinctive and what every manager desires. The fact neither of them had any pace limits my case and I agree re the rest of the bums but I think tam gets it tight unneccessarily. I liked him

I liked McManus as well, remember him nearly breaking his leg at home to Ross County? Anyway he got back up and played on because we had no subs left.

I don't reckon Beattie will be for us. I'm sure he'd have been on the bench at least as a trialist.

I thought Parker was great in spells too. He scored some cracking goals.

To clarify. They were all players with a decent history behind them that came to Ayr and didn't score a lot of goals, nor would they be regarded as legends/cult heroes/trouble any Ayr's greatest player lists like maybe Andy Walker or Mark Roberts who brought class and goals

I think Buchanan did alright with us. He didn't really gel with Moffat, which was understandable, but he put in some decent performances in what was a very poor team. I certainly wouldn't have complained if we'd re-signed him this season.

ETA: Did you expect any of them to set the heather alight?

Kyle, really.

By no means one of the worst players to play for Ayr, scored a handful of goals.......Didn't

Fits the bill for us, every year we seem to sign an experienced forward who never really sets the heather alight

Tam McManus

Kiegan Parker

Liam Buchanan

Kevin Kyle

Archived