The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

As soon as Hollywood hinted previous bakes were going to be considered there was only going to be one winner.

Not convinced she was the best baker in the final, but the bar was very very low.

Edited by Todd_is_God

General consensus seems to be that in pursuit of “excitement” they’ve cut the allocated time for the challenges whilst asking the bakers to do more and more in that short time. That was a dreadful final. I liked the 3 finalists but I couldn’t really care less who won. 

Also, they slightly changed the segment at the end where we used to be shown what EVERY baker was up to now. ☹️ I did like the fact that Janusz went to visit Carol though. 

On 15/11/2022 at 21:50, lichtie23 said:

A distinctly average final to cap off a below average series. Gutted for Sandro, seems a really top lad 

Abdul's showstopper was terrible. Looked like a kid had done it.

• 3 months later...

New presenter announced: the completely insufferable Allison Hammond.    Mumsnet regulars will be delighted, everyone else will be driven off.   Last season was, by universal opinion, shite.  Could this be the beginning of the end?  

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

New presenter announced: the completely insufferable Allison Hammond.    Mumsnet regulars will be delighted, everyone else will be driven off.   Last season was, by universal opinion, shite.  Could this be the beginning of the end?  

She is unbearable. I’d lost interest to be honest after the last series but this just confirms I won’t be watching 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...