Ayrshire Derby - Kilmarnock v Ayr (Tues 26th August)

Saw loads of derbies in my time what was the record in the cup.something like seven back to back Ayr wins at one time

And Kilmarnock were always in the big league its what matters on the day to decide who comes out on top

Kilmarnock should have superior fitness to being the pro side.and still wee Ayr seems to be the thorn in your side

Anything can happen in football saw Ayr win on penalties still mind that Gus McPherson miss it happy days

The cup thing was mental - seeing those names come out, any sane football person would say, "that's Killie through, then."

Unfortunately, we knew better... 1998 was particularly painful. :(

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, there's no doubt that Killie is a shitehole. You'll look long, hard and fruitlessly for me trying to say otherwise. There's a lot of places you could say the same about, after decades of industrial decline.

Or, in some cases, the near-death of the fishing industry... ;)

One thing's for sure, I don't reckon many exiles (like YT, f'rinstance) would be rushing to move back.

Ayrshire has loads of shiteholes interspersed with the occasional gem.

Oh, there's no doubt that Killie is a shitehole. You'll look long, hard and fruitlessly for me trying to say otherwise.

Aye and Yorkshires a paradise where the streets are lined with gold.

Kiliies ok and stop being plonker.

Guest honestrae95

Indeed. The correct terms are "Mighty Killie", and "The shite from down the road". KME gets a pass as one of the good guys, btw.

Oh, and "ThanQ"? You really think we need more teenage-girl patter? :lol:

Don't really know where to start with this tbh. A truly terrible effort.

If we win, Killie have embarrassed themselves and we'll get to laugh at them until the next time we play.

If we lose, who cares? You bet some part-timers, well done.

It's a worse draw for Kilmarnock than it is for Ayr

If we win, Killie have embarrassed themselves and we'll get to laugh at them until the next time we play.

If we lose, who cares? You bet some part-timers, well done.

It's a worse draw for Kilmarnock than it is for Ayr

Were the Ayr fans saying this when they had their purple patch against us ? Don't think so .

We beat you when we were a part time club ,did that detract from the win or aid your defeat?

Beating your derby rivals at any time is glorious

Nice attempt though

And we'll still turn up looking for a win.

''We'll surprise a few teams this season''

''I think we will do OK''

''We've got a strong enough squad to get into the playoffs''.

Just a few quotes from Mr Roberts in this weeks Ayrshire Post.

Killie have the makings of a good team this season. Another couple of players in and we will do well. It's about time we brought some silver wear back to Ayrshire.

Almost got relegated last year, Signed Josh Magennis.......I admire your optimism

You'll still pump us though

Are Ayr fans really that worried about Killie? How bad must Ayr be?

We have a 1st team squad of about 15, 5-6 have never played above U-19 level before, 3 of the squad are over 34

We have a manager with no idea and a chairman with no interest

Archived