Ayrshire Derby - Kilmarnock v Ayr (Tues 26th August)

There'll be about 4000 real Ayr and Kilmarnock supporters at the game, topped up by thousands of stayaways/big game supporters and people who are from Ayr and Kilmarnock that usually support Rangers or Celtic but 'fuckin hate that Ayr/Killie'. Just like their was at Hampden.

Given we average more than 4000, I find that hard to believe.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yorkshire is a fucking hovel.

hovel
ˈhɒv(ə)l/
noun
  1. 1.
    a small squalid or simply constructed dwelling.
    "people were living in rat-infested hovels"
  2. 2.
    historical
    a conical building enclosing a kiln.
    Strange description of an entire county...
    There are parts of it which have town centres of an equivalent dereliction to Killie's, but you're comparing apples and oranges here.

Just read in a statement from our chairman that yours reneged on a deal to play for the Ayrshire Cup! What a tit. It was all part of the Gary Gay testimonial...

"Do you have any plans to play for the Ayrshire Cup again?

I had an agreement a few years ago with Michael Johnston where if we agreed to be the opposition for Garry Hay’s Testimonial he would join us and Girvan to reinstate the competition for the Ayrshire Cup. Timing was tight to get the details done for the testimonial so we agreed between the two of us that we would work out the details later but if we played Kilmarnock for the Garry Hay’s testimonial, we would restart the Ayrshire Cup competition.

Michael then reneged on that and claimed that we only agreed to play for a cup in Ayrshire or something like that, but not for the Ayrshire Cup. I can tell both Ayr fans and Kilmarnock fans that that is a load of crap. We agreed to play for THE Ayrshire Cup.

As a person who runs a club I take pride in running it honestly and ethically but in my opinion their chairman takes a different view. What I’ve learned from this is that in any dealings with the current Kilmarnock chairman, I’ll need it written, signed, reviewed by a lawyer and notorized…

As long as I have a say, we will never play them in a pre-season friendly without playing for the Ayrshire Cup. It has to have competitive edge to it.

There is obviously a third party in this; Girvan who expressed the desire to reinstate the Ayrshire Cup when approached. It would be interesting to hear their views."

Just read in a statement from our chairman that yours reneged on a deal to play for the Ayrshire Cup! What a tit. It was all part of the Gary Gay testimonial...

"Do you have any plans to play for the Ayrshire Cup again?

I had an agreement a few years ago with Michael Johnston where if we agreed to be the opposition for Garry Hay’s Testimonial he would join us and Girvan to reinstate the competition for the Ayrshire Cup. Timing was tight to get the details done for the testimonial so we agreed between the two of us that we would work out the details later but if we played Kilmarnock for the Garry Hay’s testimonial, we would restart the Ayrshire Cup competition.

Michael then reneged on that and claimed that we only agreed to play for a cup in Ayrshire or something like that, but not for the Ayrshire Cup. I can tell both Ayr fans and Kilmarnock fans that that is a load of crap. We agreed to play for THE Ayrshire Cup.

As a person who runs a club I take pride in running it honestly and ethically but in my opinion their chairman takes a different view. What I’ve learned from this is that in any dealings with the current Kilmarnock chairman, I’ll need it written, signed, reviewed by a lawyer and notorized…

As long as I have a say, we will never play them in a pre-season friendly without playing for the Ayrshire Cup. It has to have competitive edge to it.

There is obviously a third party in this; Girvan who expressed the desire to reinstate the Ayrshire Cup when approached. It would be interesting to hear their views."

Classic work from Mr Cameron. Leader who is disliked by the majority of his support, tries to curry favour with a pop at his clubs traditional rivals. Alastair Campbell eat your heart out :rolleyes:

He slightly ruins it though by, as Craig says, conveniently forgetting the friendly you played against us this summer :lol:

Also, "Garry Gay"?! Are you 12? Is it supposed to be some kind of insult?

Classic work from Mr Cameron. Leader who is disliked by the majority of his support, tries to curry favour with a pop at his clubs traditional rivals. Alastair Campbell eat your heart out :rolleyes:

He slightly ruins it though by, as Craig says, conveniently forgetting the friendly you played against us this summer :lol:

Also, "Garry Gay"?! Are you 12? Is it supposed to be some kind of insult?

Not at all, I know Gary and his wife/family quite well, kids went to nursery together. Big thumbs on iPhone

Any news on whether it's tickets or pay at the gate yet.??

Says "ticket details" on the club website, but I can't see the pricing creating a stampede, so hopefully PATG. Otherwise, my sister's going to have to traipse down and get me one. She's a good lass. :)

Given the fact of our players have played on plastic pitches more regularly, is that an advantage to us?

Ayr's away record on plastic pitches makes Celtic's away record in the Champions League look impressive.

Archived