Ayrshire Derby - Kilmarnock v Ayr (Tues 26th August)

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't agree more - I was tempted to post the very same thing.

He should have came out and said "I realise this has been a taxing summer for our loyal supporters, so we will donate a % of the Ayrshire Derby ticket money to our player budget for this season."

Instead, he's set what many feel is an unrealistic target so it seems he has a get out clause.

Cameron already has £30k of the revenue from this spent on a new generator.

Given that over 800 tickets have been sold and we've still got a home game on Saturday and an open day on Sunday, 2000 tickets really isn't unrealistic and probably will be met, however, I agree that if we don't, Lachlan will still donate the £10k.

Anyway, how are ticket sales going up the road?

He should have came out and said "I realise this has been a taxing summer for our loyal supporters, so we will donate a % of the Ayrshire Derby ticket money to our player budget for this season."

Instead, he's set what many feel is an unrealistic target so it seems he has a get out clause.

To be honest you should probably concentrate on your own Chairman's activities.

Lachlan has been clear, as is contained within the statement, that additional funds will be added to the player budget on account of the revenues generated from this match. He has also stated that depending on the result further funds will be released. He also put a further £100k of his own money into the club in the summer.

What he's trying to do here is get the fans to show a bit of support for the team, and the club, by contributing to ticket sales. The more tickets we sell the more money released to the playing budget. That much is obvious. It's also a very good marketing ploy as it's attracted a lot of attention and generated a lot of publicity.

Further to one of your previous points, a proportion of our playing budget remains unspent and we still have room for at least three players. The money is there so it's up to Roberts to identify appropriate signings.

Things may not be great but at least he's trying to be innovative instead of simply robbing the half-time draw or a rival club. Now who would do that?

It's always the same when our two sides meet. Nowhere as bad as the Hibs v Hearts, Dundee derby, Old Firm #BANTZ however, so we should be relieved about that.

We have a rivalry free of racism, sectarianism and venomous hatred. For that, we should be happy.

Speak for yourself 8)

How cute, Ayr relying on their supposed bitches to generate the funds to loan a player from Stirling or some other diddies until December. Meanwhile we're signing players that have rejected multi-million £ contracts from Liverpool to play for the mighty killie

Smug.gif

Obviously the Ayr fans will know better than I, but from the outside looking in Lachlan is stringing you all along like a puppeteer.

To be honest you should probably concentrate on your own Chairman's activities.

Not sure what this has to do with our chairman exactly? The only people bringing Michael Johnston into this are Ayr fans and the esteemed Mr Cameron, who uses MJ's unpopularity to distract from his own. Neither MJ or LC are shining beacons of honesty, so a pissing contest about the two is hardly going to be appropriate.

No matter the result on Tues, you'll always be our bitches.

We're the county town, the largest town in Ayrshire. We dominate your every waking moment.

For hundreds of years we've made your fathers & their fathers before them live in our economic & cultural shadow. We're bigger than you. That's why you enjoy beating us more than anyone else, it's been ingrained in you since the day you were born. The injustice of living in our shadow irritates like an itch that you can never reach.

As the sides have flip flopped over the years, your only satisfaction comes when you beat the big boys from down the road. Enjoy it while you can, it won't last, it never does!

Even if you win on Tues, you'll still be in our pockets!

Yet if you live in A&r your postcode starts KA 6 /7 .......and KA stands for Kilmarnock Area

If you live in Killie you are KA1 That's the FIRST number as apposed to the SIXTH or SEVENTH

Go figure even the Government recognises the most important town

I do admire your chutzpah though

Killie has more junkies per head of population.

Killie has more unemployed per head of population.

Killie has had more public debt written off compared to 10 Ayr United's and a couple of Dunfermlines thrown on.

Killie has a burn, Ayr had a river.

Killie has unloved plastic, Ayr has hallowed turf.

Killie has more pound shops.

More cases through their court.

More pot holes.

More traffic wardens.

More seagulls.

More flies, the big stinky ones

post-9168-14086463797157_thumb.jpg

STINKY FLIES

Yet if you live in A&r your postcode starts KA 6 /7 .......and KA stands for Kilmarnock Area

If you live in Killie you are KA1 That's the FIRST number as apposed to the SIXTH or SEVENTH

Postcodes, damn those postcodes!!! I'm out.

Obviously the Ayr fans will know better than I, but from the outside looking in Lachlan is stringing you all along like a puppeteer.

Yep, outrageous behaviour trying to encourage fans to buy tickets and make the club a bit more money.

Killie has more junkies per head of population.

Killie has more unemployed per head of population.

Killie has had more public debt written off compared to 10 Ayr United's and a couple of Dunfermlines thrown on.

Killie has a burn, Ayr had a river.

Killie has unloved plastic, Ayr has hallowed turf.

Killie has more pound shops.

More cases through their court.

More pot holes.

More traffic wardens.

More seagulls.

More flies, the big stinky ones

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1408646383.610199.jpg

STINKY FLIES

Source for your figures of did you pull them out your arse .

Shite patter :o

Archived