Hibs vs Dumbarton - League Cup 2nd Round

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full time fitness appeared to tell more than ever tonight, we simply went to pieces after big Colin went off.

Definite improvement on Saturday from us though; Fleming and Taggart must be in line for starts on Saturday.

Continue to look weak on the flanks and certainly that's where Hibs hurt us. Not convinced on that showing that they'll finish ahead of QOS though.

Sickening end but a far, far better experience than Ibrox - on and off the pitch.

Hibs fans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rangers fans

Switching from 4-4-2 with Nish (who was pretty good and the excellent Fleming up top) to 4-5-1 (with the tiny Campbell up top) cost us that.

I left school at 20 past 3 and have just made it in to the house, the chances of me being in double geography tomorrow morning are lower than the chances of us conceding less than 3 goals per game!

Nish and Fleming worked very well and should be our usual two up-front. Gaz linked up with Gilhaney on the wing a lot as well which created a lot of our chances. Really don't think our 2nd goal crossed the line. Really did fall apart when Nish came off, whether it be through tiredness or a change of tactics I have no idea. I think as soon as Hibs got a goal Hugh Murray should have come on as he thrives on slowing the pace of a game down - would have prevented Hibs from gaining such momentum. Very, very frustrating to lose in that manner but definitely the best 70 minutes of football we've played all season. Last 20 was back to normal but maybe shouldn't be too harsh on the players as they'll be raging enough themselves.

Hopeful of at least a point on Saturday.

Nish and Fleming worked very well and should be our usual two up-front. Gaz linked up with Gilhaney on the wing a lot as well which created a lot of our chances. Really don't think our 2nd goal crossed the line. Really did fall apart when Nish came off, whether it be through tiredness or a change of tactics I have no idea. I think as soon as Hibs got a goal Hugh Murray should have come on as he thrives on slowing the pace of a game down - would have prevented Hibs from gaining such momentum. Very, very frustrating to lose in that manner but definitely the best 70 minutes of football we've played all season. Last 20 was back to normal but maybe shouldn't be too harsh on the players as they'll be raging enough themselves.

Hopeful of at least a point on Saturday.

Good to hear that Nish had a good game although by the law of averages he was due one. I know we're part time and were probably tiring but why replace Fleming? He's surely capable of 90 minutes and why not replace Nish, if he was tiring, with Prunty and maybe try to hit Hibs on the break as they pushed for a goal?

The answer of course is that by switching personnel and formation the manager was trying to keep it tight with five in midfield. It's not our game, we can't play it as has been amply demonstrated in our other games this season. The opposite switch in formation and tactics at Ibrox looked to have given us an instant improvement on Saturday.

I wasn't at the game last night so apologies if this is wrong but that's how it seems by reading the reports.

Archived