Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dundee FC - 13/08/14

Didn't make the game tonight sadly, but thought before hand we might leave with nothing so am happy with an away point that is usually a tough venue for us. Must be a sore one for caley fans with their pre match gloating. By the way...OYF! some of the stuff on here over the last few days is a total minter! I don't need to say who but some folk have got to re-assess their expectations FFS! Anyways as i said good away point.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubbish. What did I say...we could have had more shots on target. Which is a good comment. What does everyone else say...'f*uck' off. Knee jerk sheepish reactions. You all need to look at yourselves. Have you read all my posts? No! Certainly not ignorant. If you think so then 99% of the posts on here are. I don't give two hoots what other fans say to be honest. I post my own opinions and will listen to other opinions when not covered in verbal abuse, which is the case most of the time...

Your opinions are fucking shite which is why you regularly get ripped for them.

If you don't like it, take your ludicrous sense of entitlement and f**k off to Dundee Mad. You'll fit in great.

Anyone at the actual game care to give a balanced view on the proceedings instead of the inane pish Trippy and Barra are serving up?

Ict had plenty of the ball with dundee happy to counter attack lacked a cutting edge up front for us harkins and boyle when he got on played well we look a good solid team defo more to come once the players settle down.

Anyone at the actual game care to give a balanced view on the proceedings instead of the inane pish Trippy and Barra are serving up?

A draw a fair result.

Both teams solid at the back and but didn't play forward enough or get into areas to provide enough opportunities for their strikers. Very much a midfield battle through out the game with both teams spreading the play about and keeping possession without doing anything with it. I thought McGowan was Dundee's best player and Draper was ours which says a lot. Not a boring game just nice to watch but little excitement.

I have now seen 5 Premiership sides and I can fairly say Dundee are better than both County and Hamilton and are a well drilled and orginised side but maybe lack that goalscorer, they also provide half time entertainment with some dance moves by the away support. I'll add that going by tonight's scores Dundee are also better than St. Mirren.

Good though that we hold onto 2nd place in the table and sadly for Dundee they drop out of the top 6 down to 9th and behind Hamilton.

Not a great attendance 3,082 about 400 Dundee fans in the South Stand, it would be closer to 1,000 if NDD had bothered to journey up to support his team.

Plenty more to talk about, like Shinnie is far better than Dyer in such skills as being able to distribute the ball about more accurately, get forward to support the midfield at every opportunity then track back mainly because he is faster and reads the game better. Where as Dyer is just not bad, he works hard but doesn't get across the half way line often at least in this game.

Who was that Dundee player over on the right wing in the 2nd half, Boyle?, very fast and looked a player given more time could have caused us more problems. Harkins looked good and kept our right side busy, but we generally kept him in check. Impressed with McPake he looks a far more confident player at Dundee than at Hibs, very solid and missed little. Bossed almost every high ball and nullified McKay without much difficulty as did McGinn who was also impressive.

For us we were very solid at the back, missed little in the midfield. It was only in the 2nd half when Vincent came off injured that our pretty patterns were disrupted, Vincents ball winning at the front of the midfield was missed and despite the more creative Watkins coming on it gave their players in that area more time to find the right pass get further forward and then Dundee started to look more effective and compete better, winning the ball in midfield and forcing errors from our players, mistakes that were few in the 1st half.

Could say I'm disappointed but our home record is abysmal under Hughes and we seem to pick up most of our wins on the road, so reasonably happy.

Quick thoughts before I completely nod off after that dull fest of a match.

First half was incredibly boring. Lots of sideways passing from ICT which made Dundee work hard trying to close us down but we barely got forward when we had the ball and didn't seem to have much interest in trying to do anything positive with it other than retain possession. Best chance came when Draper attempted an audacious 40 yard lob but it sailed just over.

In the second half the ineffective Vincent was replaced by Watkins which allowed us to try and stretch the Dundee defence except we, erm, didn't and in fact managed to somehow play even more narrow at times. At one point Watkins, Christie and Doran were all hovering around the edge of the D. We did have some good chances to score with Shinnie perhaps having the best chance when he rifled a low effort at the Dee keeper but after the initial shot was spilled he blazed over. Warren also had a good chance from a header and Watkins led a four man break on three or four Dundee defenders but dallied on the ball too long and gave the ball away.

Dundee also had some good chances. Peter MacDonald twice managed to lose his marker from a free kick / corner but wasn't able to convert. His best chance came when he sped away from Meekings but thumped the ball over from about 6 yards out. Dundee also had a penalty claim turned down as well. Hard to see what happened from the other end of the pitch but it looked like we might have gotten away with one there. Overall a draw was a fair result I think.

From an ICT perspective I am somewhat concerned at our slow approach to the game. We seldom looked interested to try and do anything attacking wise with the ball often turning back and sending the ball back from midfield to defence to start over again. Good attacking positions were lost as we seemed to prefer the safer option of keep the ball at all costs. Vincent was all over the place playing out on the right hand side. He was out of position and left Raven exposed on a good few occasions and didn't really stretch the Dundee defence when he got forward drifting into the middle of the park with alarming regularity.

Once Watkins came on, and later Doran, I hoped we would stretch Dundee more and work some space for Ryan Christie to exploit. Instead, as mentioned previously, the three were often found in close proximity in the middle of the pitch and when the ball was played back to the full backs they had no wide men offering support on the left or right. To be honest, I thought we looked very disjointed for a fair chunk of the game with the players seemingly unsure where they should be or what to do. Improvements needed for us ahead of Motherwell especially going forward. We capitalised on two daft errors at Hamilton but Dundee were much more resolute at the back and look a tough side to break down. They should have enough quality to avoid relegation.

Would say out side of Celtic, Brian Easton > Shinnie from what i've seen. Easton wasn't that great for us but he has came on leaps and bounds at St. Johnstone. To be fair I think he was injured most of the time he was with us though even when he was playing.

I thought people rating Taylor-Sinclair better than Shinnie were taking it too far, this has gone beyond that

Happy with that point tonight. The defence looked a lot more composed than it did on Saturday. Konrad pretty much strolled the 90mins.

A point seemed fair to me. Despite caley being far far far far superior in every position, they struggled to really cause us many problems.

Where we attacked well and looked shaky at the back on Saturday I thought tonight was the opposite. Harkins and McGowan really only got going in the last half hour. I think Tankulic will come good. Hopefully see him get a goal on soon to get the growing band of moaners off his back a bit. Boy just needs to find his feet.

Stonewall pen knocked back for us though. Shocker of a decision in my opinion. Probably change my mind after watching the highlights. Caley had a shout for one as well but didn't really have a good view of it.

Good point for us. Would've took that at the start.

Highlight if the night was Tommy Craig's interview in the radio though. Could've been an audio version of still game. Think he nodded off half way through it!

Happy with that point tonight. The defence looked a lot more composed than it did on Saturday. Konrad pretty much strolled the 90mins.

A point seemed fair to me. Despite caley being far far far far superior in every position, they struggled to really cause us many problems.

Where we attacked well and looked shaky at the back on Saturday I thought tonight was the opposite. Harkins and McGowan really only got going in the last half hour. I think Tankulic will come good. Hopefully see him get a goal on soon to get the growing band of moaners off his back a bit. Boy just needs to find his feet.

Stonewall pen knocked back for us though. Shocker of a decision in my opinion. Probably change my mind after watching the highlights. Caley had a shout for one as well but didn't really have a good view of it.

Good point for us. Would've took that at the start.

Highlight if the night was Tommy Craig's interview in the radio though. Could've been an audio version of still game. Think he nodded off half way through it!

The thing is humf, I never said Caley were far far superior in every position, so you dont need to be rattled

^^^rattled

I wouldn't lower myself to quoting you barrajag. the superiority of caley players over Dundee players is clear for all to see.

Just not tonight.

Aye deeboy is rattled then. You're talking shite and you know it

Just home. Pretty pleased with a point. Thought we were better team first half but were hanging on a bit in the second. Will need to see it again but reckon we were denied a stonewaller in the last couple of minutes for handball.

was right in front of me was a pen but ref was behind ict defender and ass ref to far away to see it the useless fuds

Archived