Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dundee FC - 13/08/14

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic, as bad as the Dundee penalty decision was I have to agree the decision not to play advantage when ICT were bombing forward was up there with one of the biggest ref balls ups I have ever seen. He even waited to see how good an advantage there was. Once he was certain it was 4 v 2 he blew!

Back on topic, as bad as the Dundee penalty decision was I have to agree the decision not to play advantage when ICT were bombing forward was up there with one of the biggest ref balls ups I have ever seen. He even waited to see how good an advantage there was. Once he was certain it was 4 v 2 he blew!

It was a fucking horrendous decision. Shinnie was clipped but was never not in control of the ball. He should have let the play carry on and then book Ferry (?) afterwards.

RawB93, on 14 Aug 2014 - 11:23, said:

"This video is private. Sorry about that."

Any ideas Ludo?

No clue, was working yesterday. Only suggestion I'd say is go on the SPFL Youtube page and try and access the highlights from there.

CityDave - you are a conundrum - a very balanced and good match review followed by utter knob-headery for no apparent reason.

Your either a WUM or so biased towards the institution of ICTFC that you can see no wrong with anything that goes on.

To be clear if someone is sober enough to be served at a bar then he is sober enough to enter the ground. For the person doing the serving to "grass" on said people to a steward via walkie talkie having just been served is not only wrong but highly contradictory and in fact terrible practice. He/she clearly never had the balls to refuse to serve them himself and chose to pass the heat onto the steward. Even a quiet word to the fans that no I cant serve you because if I do you won't get in would be better recieved than this fiasco. If the bar person felt the fans were too drunk and has continued to serve them he has broken the law and should be taken to task.

At worst, this could be seen as simply maximising income to the club with no regard for the fans who have travelled a fair distance at great cost to see their team. This is achieved by fleecing them for a ticket and the price of the alcohol where there is no intention to grant entry. Or it could just show utter ballbaggery from certain individuals at your club at absolute best.

It was a fucking horrendous decision. Shinnie was clipped but was never not in control of the ball. He should have let the play carry on and then book Ferry (?) afterwards.

The way shinnie continued playing I barely even noticed there was even a foul committed. Couldn't believe it when the ref pulled it back. It happened to us against killie on Saturday as well. Fair play if it's a total leg breaker and a red card but that's just a joke.

To be clear if someone is sober enough to be served at a bar then he is sober enough to enter the ground.

Unless you are sober enough to order 20 pints at said bar, down them in a short space of time then attempt to enter the ground.

Which I'm assuming wasn't the case here.

Unless you are sober enough to order 20 pints at said bar, down them in a short space of time then attempt to enter the ground.

Which I'm assuming wasn't the case here.

With the travelling Derry you an't be certain but I heard the pints were overprced so us Dundee minks could probably only afford the 1 ;)

With the travelling Derry you an't be certain but I heard the pints were overprced so us Dundee minks could probably only afford the 1 ;)

I'm surprised that most of that mob were able to be served in the first place. Their average age is about 14

CityDave - you are a conundrum - a very balanced and good match review followed by utter knob-headery for no apparent reason.

Your either a WUM or so biased towards the institution of ICTFC that you can see no wrong with anything that goes on.

To be clear if someone is sober enough to be served at a bar then he is sober enough to enter the ground. For the person doing the serving to "grass" on said people to a steward via walkie talkie having just been served is not only wrong but highly contradictory and in fact terrible practice. He/she clearly never had the balls to refuse to serve them himself and chose to pass the heat onto the steward. Even a quiet word to the fans that no I cant serve you because if I do you won't get in would be better recieved than this fiasco. If the bar person felt the fans were too drunk and has continued to serve them he has broken the law and should be taken to task.

At worst, this could be seen as simply maximising income to the club with no regard for the fans who have travelled a fair distance at great cost to see their team. This is achieved by fleecing them for a ticket and the price of the alcohol where there is no intention to grant entry. Or it could just show utter ballbaggery from certain individuals at your club at absolute best.

All I can say to you is you learn from your mistakes and experiences and if you ask nicely or do some research you might have received some information that would have saved you this inconvenience. Catering at grounds is most of the time is hit and miss and at Inverness it is very much a miss, I avoid the food and drink at the place its probably among the worst in the four leagues as I pointed out earlier in the thread, this includes the pie shop and what excuse we have for a bar under the Main Stand. It might have been helpful for everyone if the staff behind the bar are experienced bar staff and not just someone from the catering company or from the club itself. Its common sense to have someone who knows what they are doing, especially if the place is full (I don't know if it was) and the staff are under pressure to serve quickly.

I have never had a bad experience with the stewards at the TCS and it does seem they pay more attention to the away supports. For the last couple of seasons I haven't read any complaints about them from any fans of other clubs on this forum which considering the years previous they were definitely overbearing and failings in communications between club and them were common such as the club having a section set apart so supporters could stand up and sing, the stewards waded in and told everyone to sit down, the idea was then abandoned. Its well known that there is little atmosphere in the ground and overbearing stewards do nothing to bring more supporters to football grounds these days. At least now at our place they tolerate supporters who stand up to shout and sing for their team in the South Stand so at least its not as bad as it was in that sense for the away support. I've been to two away grounds this season, at Hamilton and at County both times I had my bag searched for alcohol or bottles, maybe stewarding at ground this season is stricter and there might be some confusion among some stewards on what this means.

Archived