Sportsound Watch

Listen to it now then and come back to me.

Any comments on a child getting hit by a bottle or McGinn getting coins thrown at him yet ?

Or do chants about Jack make that acceptable ?

I’ll save the stabbings for the Clubs in Europe thread.

1 minute ago, G-MAN said:

Listen to it now then and come back to me.

Any comments on a child getting hit by a bottle or McGinn getting coins thrown at him yet ?

Or do chants about Jack make that acceptable ?

I'll give it a miss, it sounds like Michaels just recycling wee Jums material from a few years back.

Throwing stuff at people is moronic and anyone caught doing it should be lifted.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I'll give it a miss, it sounds like Michaels just recycling wee Jums material from a few years back.
Throwing stuff at people is moronic and anyone caught doing it should be lifted.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

And well said B.

And I agree. We have morons in our support too who let us down.

Adam was embarrassing tbf. I can see why Michael would annoy you but he was spot on. All about opinions though [emoji106]

12 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Charlie Adam coming across an absolute thicko, Stewart has him on toast. Cringeworthy stuff.

Yes, it was genuinely uncomfortable, but also very entertaining.

I almost felt sorry for Adam, because the last thing he expected having expressed daft views that bear no scrutiny, was that they might receive some.

There's something of the bully in Stewart when he has someone on the ropes like that, but it's absolutely necessary if that programme is to drag itself occasionally, above the standard of the Daily Record.

Adam had no answer, because he was up against someone far cleverer than him.  He couldn't even understand the point being made.  Stewart wasn't saying there was no way Rangers can finish second, which is what McIntyre was attempting to turn it all into.  He was instead saying that it was disrespectful to view our entire  game as being about Celtic and Rangers - a point too subtle for Adam to get his head round.  

When Adam was floundering around about Burnley's pre-season and about Rangers strengthening up front, it was all a bit squirmy, such was the scale of the mismatch.

If this type of thing happened more often, we might see fewer of these daft, unthinking platitudes from ex-OF players in print.  That's probably a pretty forlorn hope though.

Yes, it was genuinely uncomfortable, but also very entertaining.
I almost felt sorry for Adam, because the last thing he expected having expressed daft views that bear no scrutiny, was that they might receive some.
There's something of the bully in Stewart when he has someone on the ropes like that, but it's absolutely necessary if that programme is to drag itself occasionally, above the standard of the Daily Record.
Adam had no answer, because he was up against someone far cleverer than him.  He couldn't even understand the point being made.  Stewart wasn't saying there was no way Rangers can finish second, which is what McIntyre was attempting to turn it all into.  He was instead saying that it was disrespectful to view our entire  game as being about Celtic and Rangers - a point too subtle for Adam to get his head round.  
When Adam was floundering around about Burnley's pre-season and about Rangers strengthening up front, it was all a bit squirmy, such was the scale of the mismatch.
If this type of thing happened more often, we might see fewer of these daft, unthinking platitudes from ex-OF players in print.  That's probably a pretty forlorn hope though.

Hmm should I listen to this or not. I probably will.

Rangers just remind me of someone with a huge self esteem problem. They outplayed us on a day when we were dreadful and now want to tell everyone who’ll listen how much better they are than us.

Let them (whether it be Gerrard or remedials like Adam) talk their nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hmm should I listen to this or not. I probably will.

Rangers just remind me of someone with a huge self esteem problem. They outplayed us on a day when we were dreadful and now want to tell everyone who’ll listen how much better they are than us.

Let them (whether it be Gerrard or remedials like Adam) talk their nonsense.

Yes, give it a shot.

Stewart also focused on the importance of the language used and criticised Gerrard for saying that the match on Sunday proved that Rangers are a class above Aberdeen; as opposed to saying that in Sunday's match, Rangers were a class above Aberdeen.

Again, the subtlety of this distinction, really did escape Adam, I think genuinely.  The difference is that Stewart is articulate and understands how language works and why choice of words matters.  Adam simply doesn't and would certainly struggle with concepts like dismissive arrogance and entitlement.

Yes, give it a shot.
Stewart also focused on the importance of the language used and criticised Gerrard for saying that the match on Sunday proved that Rangers are a class above Aberdeen; as opposed to saying that in Sunday's match, Rangers were a class above Aberdeen.
Again, the subtlety of this distinction, really did escape Adam, I think genuinely.  The difference is that Stewart is articulate and understands how language works and why choice of words matters.  Adam simply doesn't and would certainly struggle with concepts like dismissive arrogance and entitlement.

Not even got to the Charlie Adam bit yet and already annoyed haha.

“I think rangers will win their appeal”

“Based on what?”

“Eh.....just because”

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not even got to the Charlie Adam bit yet and already annoyed haha.

“I think rangers will win their appeal”

“Based on what?”

“Eh.....just because”

Christ yeah, I'd forgotten all about McCulloch's ramblings.  On another night, they'd have been pretty notable in their own right.

Yet another example of an ex-OF player who can say things, but can't begin to support them when invited.

You could tell that McIntyre was quite obviously shitting it throughout the whole exchange because Adam was struggling so badly, Stewart was landing blows and challenging the narrative excellently. They are so unprepared to be met with a reasoned, thought out, and articulate argument.

giphy.gif

It's quite sad really that moments like this are so few and far between that they become talking points themselves. Sportsound should be encouraging regular debates with competent guests regardless of subject matter. Instead we'll probably be treated to another Ranjurz ego stroking feature this weekend to redress the balance. Chico's furiously mashing Souness' phone number into the keypad as we speak

Edited by Stelling

Christ yeah, I'd forgotten all about McCulloch's ramblings.  On another night, they'd have been pretty notable in their own right.
Yet another example of an ex-OF player who can say things, but can't begin to support them when invited.

That Adam interview was so bad I actually felt sorry for him.

His entire argument proved Stewart’s point. Stewart arguing that Scottish football isn’t just about two clubs and he continually just talks about two clubs.

Also his argument about it being pre season for Burnley and not Aberdeen was absolutely laughable.

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That Adam interview was so bad I actually felt sorry for him.

His entire argument proved Stewart’s point. Stewart arguing that Scottish football isn’t just about two clubs and he continually just talks about two clubs.

Also his argument about it being pre season for Burnley and not Aberdeen was absolutely laughable.

Listening to Podcast just now,

Stewart v Adam was more one sided than that Everton 22 - 0 ATV Irdning pre-season game.

Adam proves that humans can function when brain dead, and McCulloch isn't much better

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

'Unique to everyone' :lol:

Oxymoron. Not that he'd know what that is.

A real highlight.

It would have been quite clever wordplay, had it been done knowingly.  If he was making the point that every club tends to feel singled out, but it's not the reality at all, It would have been a smart thing to say.

However, he was just trying to agree with Gerrard while recognising that there was no real basis on which to do it.  He therefore stumbled across a comical combination of words.

The worst thing for Adam is he doesn't even know what he's arguing.

Stewart is just saying it's too early to judge either team one game into a season and given their troubles in the past they should have a bit of respect.  Instead he just continually drones on about Rangers being better than last season and bringing it back to "I'm admitting Celtic are better".  It just sums up the polarised view of football in this country by some.

I really don't want to dislike Charlie Adam, because I've always loved these kind of throwback midfielders who look like they could lay on an inch perfect 50-yard assist with a can of McEwans in one hand, all the while simultaneously picking a horse out the racing post...but this does sound a bit too good to miss...

Listening to Podcast just now,
Stewart v Adam was more one sided than that Everton 22 - 0 ATV Irdning pre-season game.
Adam proves that humans can function when brain dead, and McCulloch isn't much better

Just put on the podcast myself. After reading the comments on here I thought it would be a good chuckle but it's actually painful. There's a point where Stewart is slowing down his speech to explain a basic point to Adam as a teacher might to the pupil who has made the same mistake over and over. I almost feel sorry for him, he's been asked to talk about something he knows absolutely nothing about.