Do we miss each other?

Of course I miss it, (perhaps not some of the sh*te that comes with the fixture) just want our club to be back in the mix again.

Follow Follow

:lol: "back" ?

Also be careful what you wish for because your club could be on the end of some very embarrassing results against the Hoops for years & years. :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the fixture aye ! apart from that i could not give two flying fucks about them or what they do.

The feeling is mutual cupcake ;)

A bit puzzled at one or two saying I here I posted this thread because I or Celtic fans in general are obsessed with Rangers and vice versa....erm it was because of those jibes from fans of other teams etc I started the thread, to see what fans of both clubs reckon to that.

From what the handful of posters here say it pretty much echo's what Forever Blue says, we shall ignore the insane ramblings of the North Lanarkshire binman of course

The former OF fixture was the fixture of the season, but not only for footballing reasons as shown by many many fuckwits from both sides of the support who used it for other agendas out with football and especially about some battle in another country that has absolutely fcuk all to do with Scotland.

The embarrassment of having the two largest supported clubs in Scotland peddling their hate filled bigoted sectarian agendas from two former warring countries and then singing about it at a sporting fixture like it means something in modern times just shows you the intelligence of some factions of the support.

Then we have even more alarmingly ! RELIGION ?, what the fcuk has religion got to do with football especially when most likely well over 90% of each others support only attend a church when they attend a wedding or a funeral ???, and the rest of the time religion is something to be scoffed and laughed about ???.

This fixture is a blight on the national game not for footballing reasons but for other reasons out with football that the fans bring to the fixture and it would have been a far better thing for the associations to have just let Rangers die instead of trying to revive the worst fixture in the footballing calender.

The former OF fixture was the fixture of the season, but not only for footballing reasons as shown by many many fuckwits from both sides of the support who used it for other agendas out with football and especially about some battle in another country that has absolutely fcuk all to do with Scotland.

The embarrassment of having the two largest supported clubs in Scotland peddling their hate filled bigoted sectarian agendas from two former warring countries and then singing about it at a sporting fixture like it means something in modern times just shows you the intelligence of some factions of the support.

Then we have even more alarmingly ! RELIGION ?, what the fcuk has religion got to do with football especially when most likely well over 90% of each others support only attend a church when they attend a wedding or a funeral ???, and the rest of the time religion is something to be scoffed and laughed about ???.

This fixture is a blight on the national game not for footballing reasons but for other reasons out with football that the fans bring to the fixture and it would have been a far better thing for the associations to have just let Rangers die instead of trying to revive the worst fixture in the footballing calender.

eye-roll-cheryl-cole-right.gif

Put it this way: I'd still rather we refused entry into the top flight after we win the leauge this year.

^ ^ ^

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aye I'm sure the spivs,shysters & gangstas will pass up on the opportunity to milk the fans for extra money just because Jockstrap doesn't want to see Celtic tear the new club an even bigger arsehole.

The only way you'll be refused entry is if your club fails to win the Championship or win the playoff for promotion, and I do hope you get your wish as it will be hilarious to witness the meltdown from you and the rest of your Rangers supporting chums. :D

Two aspects to missing something. One is to turn back the clock and do things differently, which would very much in Rangers' court. The rivalry plods on and periods of dominance are swapped. The other is a restoration of what was considered normality sometime in the future. The first part is whimsical, the second is simply not going to happen.

As regards missing competition, well natural law regarding vacuums will set in at some point, and absence of competition will ultimately be filled. But it's probably more likely to come from Aberdeen now, and already a darker edge to the rivalry with Celtic is beginning to set in. Unless something quite dramatic happens, the new incarnation of Rangers are not going to be in a position to challenge Celtic for several years. No one is giving them the money, and Celtic are too prudent to throw theirs away.

Certainly when they do return, there will be enormous hype regarding the face to face encounters, and perhaps some buzz about challenging for the title. But that is only temporary, and part of the hype and interest will derive from an apparent sense of injustice, which for some reason the Rangers fans have. But the actual rivalry as we knew cannot be the same, for the simple reason that for all that historic rivals detest each other, they also tend to respect each other too. That aspect went 20 years ago, and thereafter it became a death struggle. How ironic that Murray wanted to kill off Celtic ?

Hype, being what it is, will subside after a while. The real business of who dominates will take over, and for what it's worth, I think that Aberdeen will win the league before Rangers do. But it's dangerous to speculate too far ahead. What is certain is that whatever rivalry emerges - that is if Rangers can stay in existence - will not have much resemblance to what came before (for starters, Celtic were the traditional underdogs). With this forced separation, both sides are changing. Celtic are adapting to their role of the dominant club, but all I see is Rangers becoming a parody of their former selves.

Two aspects to missing something. One is to turn back the clock and do things differently, which would very much in Rangers' court. The rivalry plods on and periods of dominance are swapped. The other is a restoration of what was considered normality sometime in the future. The first part is whimsical, the second is simply not going to happen.

As regards missing competition, well natural law regarding vacuums will set in at some point, and absence of competition will ultimately be filled. But it's probably more likely to come from Aberdeen now, and already a darker edge to the rivalry with Celtic is beginning to set in. Unless something quite dramatic happens, the new incarnation of Rangers are not going to be in a position to challenge Celtic for several years. No one is giving them the money, and Celtic are too prudent to throw theirs away.

Certainly when they do return, there will be enormous hype regarding the face to face encounters, and perhaps some buzz about challenging for the title. But that is only temporary, and part of the hype and interest will derive from an apparent sense of injustice, which for some reason the Rangers fans have. But the actual rivalry as we knew cannot be the same, for the simple reason that for all that historic rivals detest each other, they also tend to respect each other too. That aspect went 20 years ago, and thereafter it became a death struggle. How ironic that Murray wanted to kill off Celtic ?

Hype, being what it is, will subside after a while. The real business of who dominates will take over, and for what it's worth, I think that Aberdeen will win the league before Rangers do. But it's dangerous to speculate too far ahead. What is certain is that whatever rivalry emerges - that is if Rangers can stay in existence - will not have much resemblance to what came before (for starters, Celtic were the traditional underdogs). With this forced separation, both sides are changing. Celtic are adapting to their role of the dominant club, but all I see is Rangers becoming a parody of their former selves.

sorry but bar the 90's when were celtic consistently underdogs, infact you could say for the majority of the noughties post advocatt rangers were more often than not the underdogs in the fixture ? as for the aberdeen they will not challenge celtic to a title for years if they ever do, give them a scare untill maybe mid season- february but win it no chance.

Aberdeen will not challenge for the title or Dundee Utd or any other, fact is and its not being arrogant we will walk the title every year till the Kinning Park mob get their house in order, get into the top league, attain financial stability and apoint a manager who actually has a clue what he's doing, none of which look imminent just now.

Aberdeen will not challenge for the title or Dundee Utd or any other, fact is and its not being arrogant we will walk the title every year till the Kinning Park mob get their house in order, get into the top league, attain financial stability and apoint a manager who actually has a clue what he's doing, none of which look imminent just now.

Can't disagree here , celtics next proper challenge will come from a fully functioning , boardroom stable rangers with a half decent manager in the dugout. Whenever it may be

Archived