Livi VS Hearts

HoudaBetsy

Weakened team or not that was very pleasing, we can only beat what's put infront of us and did we beat them.

Obviously this wasn't high up on the agenda at hearts but for the 3 and a half, 4 thousand hearts fans that paid money and expected a win maybe the management should apologise to them.

We were excellent from start to finish and could've won by more, 4 outstanding goals, great team play, hussled all over the park and never gave hearts a minute on the ball.

A trophy is a trophy and we are in the next round after a good win over Hearts, that's all I'll remember. Not what team played.

congratulations.

hopefully disgruntled jambos will forgive and forget.

best wishes in the next round.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weakened team or not that was very pleasing, we can only beat what's put infront of us and did we beat them.

Obviously this wasn't high up on the agenda at hearts but for the 3 and a half, 4 thousand hearts fans that paid money and expected a win maybe the management should apologise to them.

We were excellent from start to finish and could've won by more, 4 outstanding goals, great team play, hussled all over the park and never gave hearts a minute on the ball.

A trophy is a trophy and we are in the next round after a good win over Hearts, that's all I'll remember. Not what team played.

Agreed; I actually ended up feeling sorry for the Hearts supporters who had paid out good money to see a cobbled together side. Watching some of the team warming up I though to myself it'd better not go to extra time as its a school night. Still I needn't have worried.

That being said there was a brief period in the second half when the youngsters youthful energy started to show as some of our players started to tire but the second goal went in and virtually all of the heads dropped. There didn't appear to be anyone old enough in the team to take on the role of captain and buck the team up; you could see that some of the boys just wanted it to end.

The third goal goes in and so many walk out that it would have put Cowdenbeath to shame; that must have been really sole destroying for the kids.

I want to feel a lot better about such a one sided victory; certainly it will have given our boys a confidence boost - just a shame the Hearts management didn't see fit to stick a few seasoned players in there with the gumph to hold things together.

Quite a few Jambos on Twitter and Facebook not taking this well. Cheer up boys, it's just the extra diddy cup. It's the "You beat our U20s" excuse as well, the same one we would be hearing even if it was their first team.

Inexperienced team from Hearts but still thought we played really well, knocked the ball about well and were the better team for most of the game. McKenna's really impressed since he signed, big step up from the juniors but he's done well so far. Still don't get why Hippolyte doesn't get a start, looked really good when he came on and took his goal well. Not sure what happened with the own goal, missed it. Can only assume Talbot felt a bit sorry for the Hearts kids so stuck a goal in for them, top guy.

Only way Hearts would have benefited from staying in this cup would be if they got Sevco for the money, they'll not be too fussed about being knocked out, probably wouldn't have wanted to lose 4 goals though. They'll be focusing on the league now, got a tenner on them so hope they do well.

After playing like that we'll probably get beat by East Fife in the next round.

Agreed; I actually ended up feeling sorry for the Hearts supporters who had paid out good money to see a cobbled together side. Watching some of the team warming up I though to myself it'd better not go to extra time as its a school night. Still I needn't have worried.

...just a shame the Hearts management didn't see fit to stick a few seasoned players in there with the gumph to hold things together.

extra time on a wednesday night! thank eff that never happened.

i see what you mean, but, whats the point of players that can't play in the first team?

anyway. congratulations. well won.

extra time on a wednesday night! thank eff that never happened.

i see what you mean, but, whats the point of players that can't play in the first team?

anyway. congratulations. well won.

Thanks

Everybody's got to start somewhere and blooding a few players in this sort of game is a good strategy but surely not everyone at the same time.

I suppose Keatings is what could be described as experienced (compared to the others anyway) but look in serious need of match fitness

Thanks

Everybody's got to start somewhere and blooding a few players in this sort of game is a good strategy but surely not everyone at the same time.

I suppose Keatings is what could be described as experienced (compared to the others anyway) but look in serious need of match fitness

and Robinson. Smith has played a fair few times, as well as McGhee. and Brad McKay.

A poor outcome from Hearts here. Definitely. Failed to score. Very annoying.

Hollis the keeper- Hearts had no other choice?

That is 6 players. Robbie used 5 "new" players.

This Saturday- Raith Rovers in the league. Then Stenhousmuir in the League cup, then Falkirk in the league.

Well done Livingston.

I didn't think there was a great deal in it until the 2nd went in. We fell apart after that.

I'm not going to get too upset by a second-string team losing in the Challenge Cup.

Hollis was awful. Easy to see why he didn't have a club.

Good run out for our team, White is improving with every game and Hippolyte looked really good when he came on, his goal was a cracker. About time he got a start in games.

Really pleased to be in the next round, after years of going out the cups in the early rounds it's good to still be in them all.

Delighted with the the result and way we played. Yes it was a weakened hearts side but as someone said earlier,you can only beat what's put infront of you. Surprised and happy with the way White has started the season,long may it continue and hopefully the showing from Hippolyte tonight is enough for him to get a start at the weekend. Some may call it the diddy diddy cup but the way I look at it is it's a cup and if we can get a run going in it then that's great.

Can we keep this form going into Saturday please. The last few games have made me feel really positive about this season. Can't wait for the next game!

We gave debuts to 8 players last night and gave Keatings his first start. Making that many changes at once isn't a good idea especially when there's the risk of heads dropping quite so easily but I'm genuinely not fussed. I'd obviously rather not have conceded 4 goals, but only one of those that were involved last night will start on Saturday and the league is absolutely our priority. It would've been daft to risk experienced players last night considering the injuries and suspensions we already have. If it was the League cup aye maybe, the Challenge cup though? No ta.

Well done to Livingston.

I am a bit pissed off, I'm not sure if the team selection was arrogance on Nelson's part, or complete disdain for the cup competition. Thank goodness I never went to the game, I really would be majorly pissed off.

It was a joy to watch that performance last night. First half we played really well and never looked in any real danger - second half we started well, and then Hearts really came into it and had us under the cosh - our defending during that period was excellent too.

After that we scored the second goal (terrific run and cross from Kyle Jacobs), and from then we cruised it. I would love to see the full build up to the third goal - great possession and then a brilliant finish from Hippolyte.

If Hearts fans are going to have a go at anyone regarding their performance, I hope it's the staff who put the players on the park. The players themselves tried their hardest, and I thought they had a couple of decent performances. I did expect more from Keatings though.

Archived