PS4 - Playstation Plus - Help?!

M0rtonfc

Ok so I recently purchased a PS4 and on Friday night purchased PS+. The issue I'm having is that I don't appear to have access to the actual store with all the game content, well at least I don't think I have!?

I have the wee yellow + next to my account name and when checking my account I'm activated for 12 months, I can also play Killzone online but when I go into the PS Store and select PS+ it just gives me adverts to either join up for 12, 6 or 3 months.

My question is, when you click on PS+ within the store should this then take you into a PS+ page with lots of stuff in it or is what I'm seeing correct?

I've looked online and can't find an answer, tried a few things like renewing my licences and stuff but still the same!

Please advise my good people!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PS+ part of the store is only for buying the PS+ membership. Just click on the other parts of the store, like Games, Video etc. There is no need for you to go into the PS+ part anymore.

Aye from what I can see you used be able to do 60mins free of games like a demo type thing, but there was a work around and folk were nabbing them for nothing so they took it away. Could be wrong though.

Ok cool, when I go into games there is basically f**k all there, is this correct? Am I basically paying to play other games online, no other benefits?

I noticed games that my pals got for free like Outlast are now 15 bucks, have Sony simply clamped down?

You need to go into Instant Game Collection (which I think is under the PS Plus section of PSN).

The games change every month and you have to "Purchase" them during the month they are free. The current free games on PS4 are Fez and Road Not Taken; unfortunately you've missed all the earlier games your mates have (inc. Outlast).

Btw, I'd recommend that you "Purchase" all the free games every month (inc those for PS3 and Vita - even if you don't have those systems) as cross-buy (or discounted upgrade) is sometimes included if the game is later released on PS4.

You also don't have to download the games, so if there's any you don't fancy just click purchase then cancel download. That way, you have purchased them and can go back and download them if you change your mind months later.

Archived