Raith Rovers V Heart of Midlothian

Two things I've noticed about us.

A. When we not in the lead, we seem to look capable of scoring out of nowhere, which is something we've not been used to seeing

B. We are a bit susceptible to not closing out games. That is three consecutive games in a row that we have a conceded a late goal in injury time that easily could have been avoided.

A little bit more column A, a little less of column B please.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why though? What law did he break? Surely the police can't enforce anything that isn't in law? Surely it's a case of private security enforcing a rule on private property?

This isn't exactly directed at you as I'm sure you are as clueless as me, just a question to anyone reading.

I'd imagine because the stewards would have asked for him to leave, and he's refused. As with pretty much every club in segregated games, it is well labelled that the home section is for home fans only. The last time we played Celtic, I had a family of Celtic fans next to me (Mum and a couple of kids) and I wasn't too bothered as they didn't draw attention to themselves. However, you're likely to get fannys who'll try to rile up the home fans which almost always ends in tears on both sides.

I'd imagine because the stewards would have asked for him to leave, and he's refused. As with pretty much every club in segregated games, it is well labelled that the home section is for home fans only. The last time we played Celtic, I had a family of Celtic fans next to me (Mum and a couple of kids) and I wasn't too bothered as they didn't draw attention to themselves. However, you're likely to get fannys who'll try to rile up the home fans which almost always ends in tears on both sides.

I agree with that, just curious as to what it's got to do with the police as such? If you refused to go would they physically arrest you and drag you out in cuffs?

Just don't understand where in law the police have the right to do this? I'm sure there probably is scope in the law for it but I'm currently baffled as to what it is.

I agree with that, just curious as to what it's got to do with the police as such? If you refused to go would they physically arrest you and drag you out in cuffs?

Just don't understand where in law the police have the right to do this? I'm sure there probably is scope in the law for it but I'm currently baffled as to what it is.

Your ticket will state that there is segregation in place. If you're wearing colours or actively supporting a team from the 'wrong' end then you are in breach of the ground regulations. Stewards will remove you and the police will only get involved if you refuse to leave with the stewards. Doubt you'll get arrested, just chucked out.

Having said all that if its Rangers or Celtic in past they usually do f**k all even if folk complain. They tell you that there's too many of them for them to do anything. Cue an inebriated Rovers fan going nuts at their incompetence and then he gets huckled out. It's an age old story. Will be interesting if Hearts fans are treated any differently.

Is there any need for segregation in games like this? The only time I've seen trouble at the football was against Celtic

There was no segregation when we played Dumbarton once. Was sat next to a Sons fan and actually enjoyed chatting with him about the game. Was a sore one when we surrendered a 2-0 lead to lose 4-2 though.

I'm actually not that bothered with away fans in the home end if they don't act like arseholes which Old Firm fans, especially Rangers fans have done in the past

There was no segregation when we played Dumbarton once. Was sat next to a Sons fan and actually enjoyed chatting with him about the game. Was a sore one when we surrendered a 2-0 lead to lose 4-2 though.

I'm actually not that bothered with away fans in the home end if they don't act like arseholes which Old Firm fans, especially Rangers fans have done in the past

Away fans in the home end who are acting like total Arseholes are probably in breach of the peace

Maybe I'm just less passionate than others but I'd really have to question my sanity if our support was big enough to merit me having to consider sitting in amongst the oppositions end to see my team play.

My only time in wrong end was actually at Hearts, got freebie tickets from Paul Ritchie (grew up with him) Went with my brother who doesn't support any club side, just Scotland but when we got in they refused us entry to away end so had to bite my tongue. Hearts were two up, we scored two late goals to take it to extra time (think Mickey Cameron) scored equaliser, I got a bit excited at that moment, was told by couple of home fans to sit on my arse and shut it, which I did, end of.... Hearts won in extra time :(

Old Firm fans are the only ones in our end who I've ever seen cause any bother usually just cause they are deluded to think that they are too good to be playing sides like Raith Rovers.

Back when we were in the Premier League (I know, it was ages ago) we were away to Celtic and as usual we got horsed. Everytime Celtic scored two guys in front of us kept celebrating and when told by various Rovers fans they were in the wrong end their reply was "aye, but we're from Kirkcaldy"....

The friendly a few seasons ago at home to Rangers was hilarious as well. Tannoy - "can all Rangers fans currently in the home end please make your way to the bottom of the stand and make your way towards the away stand". Think about 3/4 of the home stand stood up and headed for the away end.

My only time in wrong end was actually at Hearts, got freebie tickets from Paul Ritchie (grew up with him) Went with my brother who doesn't support any club side, just Scotland but when we got in they refused us entry to away end so had to bite my tongue. Hearts were two up, we scored two late goals to take it to extra time (think Mickey Cameron) scored equaliser, I got a bit excited at that moment, was told by couple of home fans to sit on my arse and shut it, which I did, end of.... Hearts won in extra time :(

Old Firm fans are the only ones in our end who I've ever seen cause any bother usually just cause they are deluded to think that they are too good to be playing sides like Raith Rovers.

It was a young Paul Hartley who scored in the last minute for us to make it 2-2. Hearts then got a dubious goal to go 3-2 up in extra time when Guido was adjudged to have carried the ball over the line when catching a cross, then we then got hit on the break for a fourth as we chased the game. At full time our players went mental and booted the dressing room door off the hinges after the game over the third goal incident.

Been in the wrong end loads of times. Usually when I've had mates supporting the other team, but sometimes when following Man City and they were the tickets I was offered.

Never found it a problem or had any trouble, but then I'm a miserable bugger than just sits on my hands and watches the game anyway.

ETA: most recently I was in the wrong end for the Dunfermline game the other week. There wasn't much to shout about, which made it easy.

Your ticket will state that there is segregation in place. If you're wearing colours or actively supporting a team from the 'wrong' end then you are in breach of the ground regulations. Stewards will remove you and the police will only get involved if you refuse to leave with the stewards. Doubt you'll get arrested, just chucked out.

Having said all that if its Rangers or Celtic in past they usually do f**k all even if folk complain. They tell you that there's too many of them for them to do anything. Cue an inebriated Rovers fan going nuts at their incompetence and then he gets huckled out. It's an age old story. Will be interesting if Hearts fans are treated any differently.

Again, fair enough, though it just strikes me as a civil issue and not a criminal one, such that unless you are breaking the law the police can't really intervene?

Seems strange that you can pay the police to enforce your non-legally binding rules.

Jamie Walker looks like he'll be out then. What's the story with him, Hearts fans? He was great at the Rovers, looked mostly good until his injury last season, but I have to say every time I see him I can't help but think he looks exceptionally greedy on the ball? Loves a dive too. Good player but seems determined to make it all about him.

Funnily enough David Smith was a bit like that in his second stint with us, determined to do everything himself, but has looked decent enough whenever I've watched him at Hearts.

Just how many Hearts players are out? Seems like half the team. On our part we're missing Barr, who is yet to play for us, and Hill, which is just as well for Hearts as he'd headbutt the f**k out of everyone again.

If the injury problems are as bad as they seem we might nick something here. Wouldn't put it past us with our record in 'big' games in recent times.

Really looking forward to this game and reckon and it will be tight but hopefully we can get 3 points out of the game. Hopefully Murray doesn't change the team from last week and sticks with Stewart rather than Elliot as i feel Nade works better with him. Gonna go for 2-1 Raith with a late winner from Scott!

One of the best games I've seen since we came back up was the 2-2 against Dundee at the start of the season they blew the league with their expensive squad. A big crowd and end to end action. I'm hopeful this game will be similar to that one.

I'm not really a fan of Walker, he's a decent enough player but his personality seems a bit off. As mentioned he loves a dive and seems to struggle to take a man on, much prefer Nicholson and David Smith down the wings tbh.

Got my tickets for this, a beer festival and football on the same day? Fantastic.

Archived