William Hill Scottish Cup

geo 1909

I can see both Bo'ness and Linlithgow struggling to progress from two very tough away ties.

As HJ points out this is a completely different Selkirk side to the turkey shoot of a few seasons ago and Linlithgow will also find it hard against Highland opposition in their own back yard, and Fraserburgh did finish ahead of last seasons conquerors Deveronvale in the league.

Talbot also have a tricky tie against a Buckie Thistle team that were too strong for Bo'ness United a few seasons ago, but hopefully home advantage will be crucial.

And Nairn finished above Fraserburgh and Linlithgow put them out .Should have beat Devronvale by a country mile last season but no getting away from it Will be a very tough game for Rose but nothing to fear

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Nairn finished above Fraserburgh and Linlithgow put them out .Should have beat Devronvale by a country mile last season but no getting away from it Will be a very tough game for Rose but nothing to fear

If you recall the Nairn game, the visitors were on top and cracked the post before a crazy own goal gave the Rose an advantage.

Irrespective, the junior clubs have all been given tricky ties, though hopefully they can come through them.

I don't like all this "us" versus "them" FFS. YOUSE ARE ALL NON LEAGUE sides. :thumbsdown

It's a junior forum ,you know a separate entity from all your other guff , if you don't like a bit of us v them then take yourself elsewhere.

As i said expect all the junior teams to progress bar girvan .

Can see how you could claim the junior superleagues are level 6 on paper at least, but level 7 is taking the piss. That implies being beneath the South of Scotland league.

With the EoS and SoS teams becoming feeder leagues to the Lowland League. The only way a junior club can go up the pyramid is through one of those leagues. So, like it or not, the superleagues will effectively be level 7.

PS did you not notice the tribalism in this thread or is it only worth commenting on when it comes the other way?

Erm they are, bellow EoS division 2 as well, so really level 8

Its actually all hypothetical until the juniors join and integrate into the pyramid. They are not part of the league set up, therefore they are not at any tier.

The standard of the top flight of the juniors is in congruence with the standard of the LL in my opinion.

Furthermore do you think a club like Linlithgow Rose will start at tier 7 or 8 when they move over? Not a chance.

The EoS, SoS and SJFA are on an equal footing as members of the Community Board of the SFA. The only community board level clubs (reserve teams don't count) with entry level licences are in the SJFA. Until some emerge in the SoS or EoS talk of pyramids in that context is hypothetical.

According to threads on the SOS and LL sub-forums there is promotion/relegation from the EOS and the SOS leagues, into the Lowland League, from the end of this season. Therefore - if one does regard the Juniors as a step in the pyramid, one would have to regard them as (in different parts of the nation) level 6, level 7 or level 8, and down.

Furthermore, at the end of this season the last vacancies in LL should be filled and it would therefore be impossible to join the system above those levels, unless the Juniors leagues join and are intregrated.

Alternatively, if one does not regard the Juniors as in the pyramid at all, then they have no level, instead comprising a separate entity.

Its actually all hypothetical until the juniors join and integrate into the pyramid. They are not part of the league set up, therefore they are not at any tier.

The standard of the top flight of the juniors is in congruence with the standard of the LL in my opinion.

Furthermore do you think a club like Linlithgow Rose will start at tier 7 or 8 when they move over? Not a chance.

Well they maybe saying level 8 is hypothetical but they are outwith the pyramid and therefore they are bellow level 7, whatever number you wish to place on that is irrelevant but it's greater than 7.

I believe, should Linlithgow fail to take one of the remaining places in the LL they should be level 7 at best. LL was formed by open application and therefore clubs can't suddenly complain about being placed bellow it if they have failed to join it. EoS and SoS link up with LL wasn't open to all and therefore I would be ok with either the east and west superleagues creating similar link ups to eventually merge with their "senior" counterparts or we have open application for east and west feeders to the LL.

Posting drivel like this achieves what exactly? It is extremely unlikely that all fourteen LL clubs are going to be licensed by May next year given Vale of Leithen are near bankrupt and Broomhill Sports Club are using a junior ground that isn't even close on entry level. A pro/rel playoff is not in any way imminent.

I'm genuinely surprised this ellicits controversy. It seems indisputable.

If the West / East Junior leagues join the pyramid as envisaged (alongside SOS / EOS but hopefully merging) they would be tiers 6 and down. Until then they're either tiers 7 / 8, or they're seperate, depending on individual taste.

They couldn't be tier 6 - i.e. the level below tier 5 - as long as their clubs needed to ascend into-n-through actual tiers 6 (& 7) to reach tier 5.

Posting drivel like this achieves what exactly? It is extremely unlikely that all fourteen LL clubs are going to be licensed by May next year given Vale of Leithen are near bankrupt and Broomhill Sports Club are using a junior ground that isn't even close on entry level. A pro/rel playoff is not in any way imminent.

If you're talking about EOS/SOS into LL, the explanation given on the other threads is that it's 1 down (no playoff), and that it was not subject to vacancies. And even if promotion didn't go ahead - say neither champion was licensed - that clearly doesn't somehow alter the position of the different leagues. That would be patently preposterous. If there's arrangements for promotion/relegation, they're part of the pyramid.

Existence of vacancies doesn't change that either. A club from the lower Juniors tiers, or any tier of the Amateurs, could fill such vacancies.

Personally I'm happier not to regard the Juniors as any tier of the pyramid until they join - which seems the easiest, and also the least likely to cause angst. They're outwith the pyramid until joining. Until then their clubs can pursue LL vacancies (until gone) or join EOS/SOS.

I would, however, say that all this seems incidental to the thread: whose topic is this season's Scottish Cup.

Archived