Dundee vs Celtic - 31/08/14

As I said at the time, they'll be fantastic signings. Letting McGowan go in particular is looking like a mistake. Early days yet but it's starting to look like myself a good few others were wrong about McPake, there might still be a player in there.

Great performance today, hat well and truly tipped to Hartley.

Thought that was McGinn's best game for us by far, crazy to think he's just come from part time football. Same goes for Stewart. McGowan has been arguably our best player this year. I know you're quite strong in the middle of the park, but I still think you've made a mistake letting him go!

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it were a one-off occaision, this would be a lot of pish. Every team is capable of an off day.

The problem with Celtic is that this isn't some off day. This is their season summed up.

This could get messy if they don't take full points of Aberdeen and then get pumped by RB Salzburg in Austria. Celtic have just hours to prepare for the Motherwell game and know doubt will field a 2nd string for that. I predict a lot of raging, blaming and howling at the SPFL over the fixtures.

Its not beyond possibility that the mhob might not even hit the top before the end of September now and its also Rangers fault for going bust and costing them 10m a season.

Can we please stop this 'worst OF team ever' nonsense? It seems to come out like every season and so far it isn't really justified after four league games.

Its not beyond possibility that the mhob might not even hit the top before the end of September now and its also Rangers fault for going bust and costing them 10m a season.

Didn't it take Celtic until Christmas time to go top when Rangers went down?

Great to see decent depth to the squad and a manager who knows how to make changes.

Only complaint is in hindsight if the changes had been made maybe 5-10mins earlier when the Roberts, harkins legs started to go then the 2nd goal may have come from us instead.

Happy with the start to the season though. Only 3 goals conceded and all from outside the box.

:lol:

Dundee were by far the best team in the first half, Celtic in the 2nd half. Fact is we had more possession, more shots on target. The Dundee goal came because our players seem to lack the ability to kick a ball away. Those are the facts.

Don't get me wrong not many teams will go there this season and win, I think Dundee are in with a good shout of a top 6 finish, Great team who work very hard.

Dundee fans though seem to be getting a bit carried away with themselves, don't forget this is the worst Celtic team in quite some time.

There was no way you were far better than us in the second half. The second half was a bit more even after our first half domination, we still had far better chances though. What you don't seem to be able to grasp is that whatever BBC Glasgow deem to be a shot on target is not the same thing as a chance.

Would much rather be able to review BT Sport's footage of this as opposed to the usual rickety spfl highlights. Anyone know if that's at all possible?

Genuinely gutted to only come away with a point after so long in the lead but I said before the game I'd be happy with a point so I'll take it.

Edit: decent highlights up now actually. Roberts was tremendous first half. Celtics goal was very, very lucky.

Poor from Boyle. Luka should of had his first goal in the league. Shite effort Boyle.

Thought same at game but after viewing highlights thought Celtic player was in the way of a simple pass. If Tank had held his run Boyle would have been able to cut it back for him for pass into net.

Would much rather be able to review BT Sport's footage of this as opposed to the usual rickety spfl highlights. Anyone know if that's at all possible?

Genuinely gutted to only come away with a point after so long in the lead but I said before the game I'd be happy with a point so I'll take it.

Edit: decent highlights up now actually. Roberts was tremendous first half. Celtics goal was very, very lucky.

"It's 2 dropped points for Celtic but a credible draw for Dundee". What? If the commentator had said that the other way around he might have had a point.

The media are something else. I can see why the tabloids fill their papers with OF shite to get the sales, but BBC Scotland have no excuses. I jumped in the car after the match yesterday and it was all Celtic chat with a little bit of patronising shite about Dundee thrown in. Poor stuff.

with his excellent form and being called up for Wales he could become too expensive for our budget

He's produced some stunning saves for us but he's still not the best keeper in the world. If Letheren was looking to move on at any point I'd wish him all the best. I still think that Bain will replace Letheren at some point this season. He's done really well so far and I'd say he's been in better form this season than he was for us at times last year.

As for the Wales squad, terrific achievement for him but they've been calling up League 1 and League 2 keepers who haven't been playing regularly at times so can't imagine it'd change the demands of Letheren's.

No, quite sure they were top in the first couple of months, but I remember they didn't stay there. I recollect Hibs and one other team probably Motherwell having a spell at the top.

Can we please stop this 'worst OF team ever' nonsense? It seems to come out like every season and so far it isn't really justified after four league games.

Anyone who talks about "worst OF team" ever obviously doesn't remember Rangers pre-Souness when they were mid-table (to be polite) or Celtic in the early/mid 90s before McCann took over.

...What you don't seem to be able to grasp is that whatever BBC Glasgow deem to be a shot on target is not the same thing as a chance.

A couple of those shots on target took so long to reach Letheren he had time to organise teammates to receive the throw out before he bent over to pick up the ball.

Enjoyed that immensely - big test for us and we came through it pretty well. I thought McGowan was absolutely tremendous

Weird hearing Dundee fans cheer the arrival of a Celtic sub while an element of the away support booed him coming onto the park

Some pics from the game http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/31-08-2014-Dundee-v-Celtic/G0000CPCy5Qs.Mrc/

Almost forgot to give a shout out to the jakey Celtic fans who stole the match ball after a total of 30 seconds when we won the corner just before we scored.

The goal came after 50 seconds, but the ball was in play for only 12 seconds before we scored.

Archived