Plan B

So this tedious, tedious rhetoric from some Unionists can finally be droppd.

Mr Salmond offered up three Plan B's

We could have a Scottish currency. We could have a flexible currency like Sweden or Norway has. We could have a fixed rate Scottish pound attached to the pound sterling. That's what Denmark does with the euro and Hong Kong does with the dollar

Now we could argue all day what the best option is for Scotland post indy (I would eventually like our own Scottish currency with our own central bank) but that wasn't my point in terms of starting this thread.

Some Unionists today are still saying "....but what about Plan B?"

Stop it.

The options were laid out for you in very simple terms.

Move on.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't really matter what order they're in, because none of them are going to be put into action. The mandate line was a brilliant one, because it basically forced Darling to personally volunteer to help get a currency union in place should the vote be for independence. You can see from the media's response that they're stumped as how to continue to spin this as problematic.

The only reason for not identifying plan b and instead confusing the terms 'plans' and 'options' is that as soon as you pick one people will then start to ask what the impact is on various parts of the economy and yes don't want to see the consequences in plain sight.

The only reason for not identifying plan b and instead confusing the terms 'plans' and 'options' is that as soon as you pick one people will then start to ask what the impact is on various parts of the economy and yes don't want to see the consequences in plain sight.

You say you support Hamilton, but who do you really support?

So this tedious, tedious rhetoric from some Unionists can finally be droppd.

Mr Salmond offered up three Plan B's

Now we could argue all day what the best option is for Scotland post indy (I would eventually like our own Scottish currency with our own central bank) but that wasn't my point in terms of starting this thread.

Some Unionists today are still saying "....but what about Plan B?"

Stop it.

The options were laid out for you in very simple terms.

Move on.

I'll be honest, I watched Man City V Liverpool, I wasn't hopeful of learning much after the first TV debate but I've seen the snippet about 'Plan B'. They didn't really come across as plans as such, they were more options, a good move by Salmond though, he listed alternatives without committing to any of them. It may have got the 'plan B' monkey off his back but as a sceptic, it was still very woolly, there is very little substance to choose from at the moment, I include the extra power's from Westminster in that, not that this is a huge issue for me personally.

Another No voter more interested in things going on down in England. Funny that.

Is one take on it, seeing how P & B is a football forum mostly, maybe I just prefer football to 2 men trying to talk over the other one but saying as little of substance as they can in case the other one pounces on it.

Is one take on it, seeing how P & B is a football forum mostly, maybe I just prefer football to 2 men trying to talk over the other one but saying as little of substance as they can in case the other one pounces on it.

Just interesting that every poster who said they were watching the English football rather than the debate are No voters. Coincidence or just the fact that No voters care more about England than they do about this country?

Archived