BT's advert there..

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in another monumental f**k up the Bitters are running with a poster campaign suggesting that if you vote Yes you don't love your family.

BwcW7pSCQAAaVZJ.jpg

Can the Bitters ever do anything that doesn't insult the public.

It doesn't suggest it, it comes out and blatantly states it.

Why do they never realise this just gets people's backs up?

Long may it continue!

For me, one of the oddest things about a lot of these BT ads is that none of them (that I have seen anyway) promotes a single positive reason to stay part of the union.

Nothing BTUKOK have ever said has been positive.

Their USP is to tell us how awful and shitty we are. How we should know our place and not to fucking dare have any hopes.

Hence why not one person has ever been able to tell me why we're BetterTogether.

You did.

No I didn't. The point being made is simple to grasp. It doesn't matter whether it's the worst advert ever or the best. Some on the Yes side would be criticising it. I don't need to watch the advert and comment on it to make that point.

Spare us the crocodile tears.

You made an arse of yourself on the Internet, it's not the end of the world.

See above. The only tears I have are for the Scottish education system if you are an example of what they are producing.

No I didn't. The point being made is simple to grasp. It doesn't matter whether it's the worst advert ever or the best. Some on the Yes side would be criticising it. I don't need to watch the advert and comment on it to make that point.

See above. The only tears I have are for the Scottish education system if you are an example of what they are producing.

It's surely more of a worry to the Scottish education establishment that they're producing people who defend something that they can't be arsed watching/reading, that's what I call stupid.

It's surely more of a worry to the Scottish education establishment that they're producing people who defend something that they can't be arsed watching/reading, that's what I call stupid.

I haven't defended the advert. You appear to be falling into the trap too. Ignore the trees and you'll see the wood.

I tend not to watch any political adverts or broadcasts. I prefer to look at the issues and make my own mind up. I don't need marketing bods and low grade politicians to help me.

I haven't defended the advert. You appear to be falling into the trap too. Ignore the trees and you'll see the wood.

I tend not to watch any political adverts or broadcasts. I prefer to look at the issues and make my own mind up. I don't need marketing bods and low grade politicians to help me.

Unfortunately for you and the other NO cheerleaders UKOK have depended on them, naeluck.

Welcome back. This forum's been fun.

:)

So why are you even commenting on something you have zero knowledge of ?

I saw a quote that summed up what the attitude to any No advert was likely to be regardless of the quality of the advert. I thought it was a mildly amusing analogy and posted it thinking that some of the more sensible yes posters would realise that. Clearly, given the reaction, I gave some more credit than they deserved.

No problem with people disagreeing, obviously. Get bewildered at times due to those who feel the need to talk of disasters and to insult, however. I find that quite depressing.

I haven't been able to visit much the last few days due to work but I haven't missed it. As the referendum date draws closer the rubbish being spoken and the vitriol gets worse. It's a pity as there used to be some decent debates with the odd clown getting involved. Now even some of the better debaters are behaving like the clowns.

So why are you even commenting on something you have zero knowledge of ?

It's ridiculous, I wasn't at Stenny to watch Ayr, what a cheek I'd have going on that thread and bleating that we were robbed, the ref was shite, Marko played the wrong team etc, fora supposedly intelligent guy his actions on this thread have been stupid.

I saw a quote that summed up what the attitude to any No advert was likely to be regardless of the quality of the advert. I thought it was a mildly amusing analogy and posted it thinking that some of the more sensible yes posters would realise that. Clearly, given the reaction, I gave some more credit than they deserved.

No problem with people disagreeing, obviously. Get bewildered at times due to those who feel the need to talk of disasters and to insult, however. I find that quite depressing.

I haven't been able to visit much the last few days due to work but I haven't missed it. As the referendum date draws closer the rubbish being spoken and the vitriol gets worse. It's a pity as there used to be some decent debates with the odd clown getting involved. Now even some of the better debaters are behaving like the clowns.

I know, they can't even be arsed to spend 2 minutes watching a vid before they slaughter someone else's opinion on it, it's weird what's happening to decent folk on here.

It's ridiculous, I wasn't at Stenny to watch Ayr, what a cheek I'd have going on that thread and bleating that we were robbed, the ref was shite, Marko played the wrong team etc, fora supposedly intelligent guy his actions on this thread have been stupid.

Still looking at trees?

If you'd went onto the thread and said, for example about a disputed penalty decision, that those who were on the receiving and were likely to criticise the referee's decision whether it was correct or not then that would have been a perfectly acceptable view to hold. You would not have been commenting on the game.

I know, they can't even be arsed to spend 2 minutes watching a vid before they slaughter someone else's opinion on it, it's weird what's happening to decent folk on here.

How difficult is this to grasp? I did not slaughter anyone's opinion of the video.

Archived