ARMAGEDDON!

Casual Bystander

Is it just me, or is the Project Fear campaigning beginning to sound a bit like the Rangers/Sevco ARMAGEDDON chat that Doncaster, Regan et al a the SFA were banging on about.

And yet, guess what? Despite the all the scaremongering and the fear stories there hasn't been ARMAGEDDON. There has been a realignment in Scottish football, and yes perhaps the league took a bit of a hit to begin with (although you could also put the blame square at the feet of Doncaster and co for deriding the status of the game in the press) but that looks like being realigned. However it's also probably fair to say most consider it has been to the benefit of Scottish football.

So, is there an analogy with our football? ARMAGEDDON promised but never happened. People happier when they were told they were not. And with a slight hit to behind with only to turn out stronger in the long run.

ARMAGEDDON!

Is it just me, or is the Project Fear campaigning beginning to sound a bit like the Rangers/Sevco ARMAGEDDON chat that Doncaster, Regan et al a the SFA were banging on about.

And yet, guess what? Despite the all the scaremongering and the fear stories there hasn't been ARMAGEDDON. There has been a realignment in Scottish football, and yes perhaps the league took a bit of a hit to begin with (although you could also put the blame square at the feet of Doncaster and co for deriding the status of the game in the press) but that looks like being realigned. However it's also probably fair to say most consider it has been to the benefit of Scottish football.

So, is there an analogy with our football? ARMAGEDDON promised but never happened. People happier when they were told they were not. And with a slight hit to behind with only to turn out stronger in the long run.

ARMAGEDDON!

Predictions both sides are complete and utter tosh.

Scotland won't be like some third world country if we vote YES. Equally we won't become a land of milk and honey if we vote YES

Scotland in the UK won't become like some third world country if we vote NO. Equally, Scotland in the UK won't become a land of milk and honey if we vote NO.

Scotland won't be like some third world country if we vote YES. Equally we won't become a land of milk and honey if we vote YES

Scotland in the UK won't become like some third world country if we vote NO. Equally, Scotland in the UK won't become a land of milk and honey if we vote NO.

The difference being is that if we vote Yes, we can strive to make it a better place.

A No vote however -

"If we vote No, the sole message that London will hear is: do whatever you like to us, because we don't care enough to stop you."

Author and playwright Alan Bissett.

I agree with you, which puts the negativity on show from the Bitters all the more into a stark light. Why do they pander this ARMAGEDDON argument, when they could be positive?

The simple fact of the matter is, as you say, we could be slightly better off or slightly worse off, but the difference is that we would have the opportunity to control our own destiny on the matter. If I am to be worse off, I want to be worse off at the hands of my own people, rather than subside the Bullingdon Club's annual champagne party.

What really does worry me is the possibility of the UK opting out of the Human Rights Act.

Adding that to the chance of another Tory government, with Boris fighting for the leadership, plus Farage possibly being in the equation. NOW you're talking about armageddon!

Archived