Euro 2016 qualifiers

Mr Bairn

Croatia's goal was pretty funny, scored just after the Italians had a goal ruled out and started moaning at the linesman

If Wales/England and Northern Ireland (even ROI might if we don't) all qualify and we are sitting at home again it'll be unbearable

Which is why tomorrow's huge, win and we will end up qualifying I reckon

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like in the last few years there's been a big convergence in the middling UEFA nations

About 10 years ago you had your top sides, then maybe 15-20 pretty good sides that will usually make a good fist of qualifying and qualify for some but not all tournaments, then you had teams that were very tough to play against and could play spoiler but with little hope of actually qualifying for tournaments, then finally your absolute minnows.

Seem to me like you still have your top sides and you're minnows but you can just about slide a piece of paper between the 11th best side and the 40th best side in UEFA. Azebaijan getting a point in Norway, for example, would have been unthinkable a decade ago.

Iceland now beating the Czechs and looking a certainty to qualify. Who'd have seen that coming a few years ago?

Looks like Wales and NI are likely to be there too. NI's group is possibly the weakest I've ever seen in a qualifying campaign.

Huge result for Wales. They're actually going to do this, aren't they?

Also a big result with Israel losing to the struggling Bosnia

Wales have the tiebreaker over Belgium now, meaning 20 points will be enough for them to qualify. All they need to do is win in Cyprus and beat Andorra at home.

Wish the commentator would stop making a big thing of Belgium being the second best team in the world. No they fucking aren't. They are 2nd in the current Fifa rankings, FIFA is flawed and full of c***s though. They aren't the second best team in the world, just like Croatia, despite their ranking, weren't the third best team in the world when we beat them.

Huge result for Wales. They're actually going to do this, aren't they?

I can't see how they can't.

We better fucking qualify. with the 'quality' of sides making it, I'd be confident of getting a very beatable team in the finals and getting to knockouts.

Wish the commentator would stop making a big thing of Belgium being the second best team in the world. No they fucking aren't. They are 2nd in the current Fifa rankings, FIFA is flawed and full of c***s though. They aren't the second best team in the world, just like Croatia, despite their ranking, weren't the third best team in the world when we beat them.

You realise the rankings aren't based on someone's opinion aye? Not sure how a formula can be corrupt

Archived