St Johnstone vs Dundee - 13/09/14

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that we should win this one quite comfortably but we cant afford to be complacent.

It would not be the first time that we have had a couple of wins over quality opposition

and then slipped up against one of the diddy teams.

^^^^^Trying way too hard.

Will be a close game and I wouldn't be surprised if the farmers do win it. It's one of their biggest games of the season whilst we have 2 genuinely big games right off the back of it and it would be natural for us to take our eye off the ball somewhat.

If we play to our potential we have every chance of snatching the 3 points but we will need to score at least 2 goals to do so as the on loan DAB is a bricker to score, especially if as I expect st Johnstone attack our weakened left flank and ping balls over for him.

I reckon that had we not had 2 derbies in a week after this we would have sold a shed load more tickets. That said I'm a little disappointed by the reported figures so far as it's our closest non Utd away day and is usually a good day out.

The Tully says that Tommo is still doubtful.

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-fc/dundee-boss-hartley-sweats-over-thomson-s-fitness-1.568407

So we will line up:

Letheren

McGinn

Konrad

McPake

Irvine (as Dyer's knee is still not sorted)

McAlister

McGowan

Harkins

Ferry,

Roberts

Tankulic (as Peaso is carrying a knock)

Should be a good game, with a draw the likely result.

I reckon that had we not had 2 derbies in a week after this we would have sold a shed load more tickets. That said I'm a little disappointed by the reported figures so far as it's our closest non Utd away day and is usually a good day out.

Yesterday it was down to only row A availability in the North Stand, I've no idea how many the North stand holds, but this will still be a decent support. But effectively going to this is £22 to get in (a nice 10% more expensive than it would be for Saints fans at Dens), plus on Sunday another £20 for the League Cup derby. It's not always easy to justify the costs of watching your team, given that there is also beer money and travel to add.

Yesterday it was down to only row A availability in the North Stand, I've no idea how many the North stand holds, but this will still be a decent support. But effectively going to this is £22 to get in (a nice 10% more expensive than it would be for Saints fans at Dens), plus on Sunday another £20 for the League Cup derby. It's not always easy to justify the costs of watching your team, given that there is also beer money and travel to add.

You pay for the quality I'm afraid. We're a top six club who regularly qualify for Europe. We're also the current Scottish cup holders. Dundee have been a first division team for a decade. £20 for such strugglers is a rip off IMO.

You pay for the quality I'm afraid. We're a top six club who regularly qualify for Europe. We're also the current Scottish cup holders. Dundee have been a first division team for a decade. £20 for such strugglers is a rip off IMO.

Indeed, fortunately your opinion is only yours! However, for proper quality we charge £25. For Diddies like you fermers its £20!

I love the way the Category B supporters have come out of their shells since beating us in the Scottish Cup.

It's given them real confidence.

Must be difficult being Dundee United. First you're the second best team in Tayside behind Dundee, now you're second best behind wee diddy Category B St Johnstone :(

St Johnstone fans are like the younger sister who has been a slut all their lives, desperate for a man (rival). Then suddenly, she has a child (wins a cup) then starts handing out life advice to her older sister who has had children who have now left the nest and is rebuilding her life after a nasty divorce.

At the end of the day, the younger sister is still a slut.

Must be difficult being Dundee United. First you're the second best team in Tayside behind Dundee, now you're second best behind wee diddy Category B St Johnstone :(

Really can't say I find it difficult at all.

I'm not one to hark back to our glory years of the 70s and 80s, but in a more reasonable timeframe, say the last decade, we have done far more than either yourselves or Dundee.

Anyway, you carry on and enjoy your brief time in the sun. :)

St Johnstone fans are like the younger sister who has been a slut all their lives, desperate for a man (rival). Then suddenly, she has a child (wins a cup) then starts handing out life advice to her older sister who has had children who have now left the nest and is rebuilding her life after a nasty divorce.

At the end of the day, the younger sister is still a slut.

Ludo, how did YOU feel when you saw Dundee lift a major trophy? Did you really enjoy it?

Really can't say I find it difficult at all.

I'm not one to hark back to our glory years of the 70s and 80s, but in a more reasonable timeframe, say the last decade, we have done far more than either yourselves or Dundee.

Anyway, you carry on and enjoy your brief time in the sun. :)

I mean to. I'm sure it wont be long before we're back in the Championship, going to shite holes like Ibrox on a Tuesday night.

I mean to. I'm sure it wont be long before we're back in the Championship, going to shite holes like Ibrox on a Tuesday night.

Can't see the Category B team in the Championship any time soon.

Anyway I'll refrain from further comment as this is not a thread about my team.

I believe the stand holds 1800 which, whilst a decent support, is not a huge amount more than we took to St Mirren which is a fair bit further away. It's not a particularly big deal but there is a fair bit of faeces throwing taking place from farmer fans over this issue. We may have a different area allocated for which we are sellign tickets in addition to this though but I'm not 100% on that.

Archived