The Arbroath Thread

He also brought in Chris Innes. He was an absolute disaster.

It's not about what an individual did while with us it's that not many centre defenders would be keen to join us while Hammy and Little are playing so well. But a player nearing the end of his career might be prepared to sit on the bench and only play occasionally.

4 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Exactly, there are 5 days to go, relax

People are only making comments regarding our defensive situation on the back of our own managers comment that he won't be looking to bring in anyone else. As I said before, I think we will bring in another defender because it would be utterly ludicrous not to do so, and I don't think Dick would be as naive as to think what we have as cover at the back will do us.

It's interesting to see a few comments that we could use the loan system to bring in players into February. We currently have 4 loans on the books with more potentially coming in not being seen as an issue. Under previous management regimes when we had this amount of loan players on the books it turned some of our fans into seething messes. What's the difference this year?

People are only making comments regarding our defensive situation on the back of our own managers comment that he won't be looking to bring in anyone else. As I said before, I think we will bring in another defender because it would be utterly ludicrous not to do so, and I don't think Dick would be as naive as to think what we have as cover at the back will do us.
It's interesting to see a few comments that we could use the loan system to bring in players into February. We currently have 4 loans on the books with more potentially coming in not being seen as an issue. Under previous management regimes when we had this amount of loan players on the books it turned some of our fans into seething messes. What's the difference this year?

The loan players have been on the whole good? The loan players haven't been relied upon? We've not got 5 loan players in the squad with only 4 on the bench? We're winning most weeks and are at the top end of the table? Loan players aren't coming in an out the door like nobody's business?

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The loan players have been on the whole good? The loan players haven't been relied upon? We've not got 5 loan players in the squad with only 4 on the bench? We're winning most weeks and are at the top end of the table? Loan players aren't coming in an out the door like nobody's business?

Have a wee think what position we were in under Allan Moore in January, both in terms of loans used, squad size, league position, depth in certain positions etc. There are many similarities between our position then and where we are currently.

At the end of Moore's season, he was absolutely hounded for the amount of loan players used. At this stage, Moore used no more loan players than Dick has. Surely instead of blindly having faith it is fair enough to look at previous experiences, draw comparisons where they exist and at that point be slightly worried that we may make the same mistakes again? It is not very contradictory to be totally fine with Dick having used 6 loan players at this point and totally fine with potentially using more when under Moore/ Todd using this amount of loans was completely unacceptable?

Of course Moore was a bit of a c**t and completely lost the dressing room, something which I'm absolutely certain will not happen under Dick.

Have a wee think what position we were in under Allan Moore in January, both in terms of loans used, squad size, league position, depth in certain positions etc. There are many similarities between our position then and where we are currently. At the end of Moore's season, he was absolutely hounded for the amount of loan players used. At this stage, Moore used no more loan players than Dick has. Surely instead of blindly having faith it is fair enough to look at previous experiences, draw comparisons where they exist and at that point be slightly worried that we may make the same mistakes again? It is not very contradictory to be totally fine with Dick having used 6 loan players at this point and totally fine with potentially using more when under Moore/ Todd using this amount of loans was completely unacceptable?

Of course Moore was a bit of a c**t and completely lost the dressing room, something which I'm absolutely certain will not happen under Dick.

Off the top of my head after looking at this before. The night we played and got beat by East Stirling we had a full squad of 16 and a young subbie keeper, 6 loan players, McCallum, Gordon, Carreiro, Grant, Rowan and McGeever. Nobody out apart from Little. We were completely reliant on them basically. DC has had for the majority of the season a signed squad of about 18 plus the Skelly/Sukar loans who are the only real players playing, Mutch the subbie GK who's been replaced by another subbie GK and now Donald McCallum.

It's completely different.

I think Dick has, for the large part, done well for us and I agree with a lot of the things he's done. He's brought in players who probably wouldn't have signed for us otherwise, but to go into the business end of the season with 4 defenders (Or 5 if Thomson hasn't gone out on loan), is absolute madness. It wouldn't be acceptable to start a season with this amount of defenders and I don't see how it's acceptable to start the second half of a season with said amount.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

I think Dick has, for the large part, done well for us and I agree with a lot of the things he's done. He's brought in players who probably wouldn't have signed for us otherwise, but to go into the business end of the season with 4 defenders (Or 5 if Thomson hasn't gone out on loan), is absolute madness. It wouldn't be acceptable to start a season with this amount of defenders and I don't see how it's acceptable to start the second half of a season with said amount.

There is still time left to sign a defender on loan or permanent. Lets see what the next few days bring.

Had a feeling Sir Bob had committed.

He will be here for even longer I hope. He's still as quick as ever and he's very experienced and an extremely clever player now. Location suits and he looks like he's really enjoying his football here and time at the club.

On 1/27/2017 at 13:52, SimonLichtie said:

Have a wee think what position we were in under Allan Moore in January, both in terms of loans used, squad size, league position, depth in certain positions etc. There are many similarities between our position then and where we are currently.

At the end of Moore's season, he was absolutely hounded for the amount of loan players used. At this stage, Moore used no more loan players than Dick has. Surely instead of blindly having faith it is fair enough to look at previous experiences, draw comparisons where they exist and at that point be slightly worried that we may make the same mistakes again? It is not very contradictory to be totally fine with Dick having used 6 loan players at this point and totally fine with potentially using more when under Moore/ Todd using this amount of loans was completely unacceptable?

Simon try and support the Manager for a change as he is doing a good job.

The vast majority of your posts are anti-DC you seem obsessed with it.

C'Mon the Red Lichties.