The Arbroath Thread

I don't remember anyone actually complaining when we appointment DC? I think everyone could see it was the right appointment at the right time for a variety of reasons - first and foremost there was no chance of us getting anyone anywhere near as good as Dick in at that point in time considering the position we were in.

It's definitely your win ratio shite that got him to say that to be fair. ;)

#TapBoi

Danny Denholms gave me a few new ones.

#Godfather #TheGaffer

12 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Absolute buzzing for this coming season, some great signings with a few more to come, hopefully Gomes re-signs if not get the Stirling keeper Smith, but it is crucial to start the season with an experienced keeper signed up as the rest of the squad is looking superb.

I was one of the AFC supporters who was happy to see us get DC as our Manager and after winning the league and his signings up to now i am very glad the AFC Board took that decision, amazing that some fans at the time were blowing their top about the appointment lol.............

As for Smith he has signed for Stennie.

17 minutes ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

Hardly anyone complained about DC at the time ffs :lol:

It was 95% agreed that he was the best man available for the job.

I don't think anyone on here has actually ever said he wasn't the best man for the job at any point, right from when he was appointed up until now? :unsure:

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's definitely your win ratio shite that got him to say that to be fair. ;)

That was about 6 months after he was appointed, and perfectly justified at the time. :)

I think Simon was the only person who wasn't particularly happy with the appointment. Good signings so far but not getting carried away, mid table would be fine and hopefully make a push to get 4th. I would imagine Raith, Ayr, Alloa and Airdrie will all be strong.

It looks like Denholm has made the switch because of Dick and Ian according to his twitter. Forfar must be absolutely fizzing at this, its basically like us losing Hammy and McCord to them.

1 minute ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

Could we please restrict this thread to factual information and refrain from lies?

One of the nice things about forums like P&B is the search history - it makes it very easy to show when some peoples memories are playing tricks on them :) 

On 3/9/2016 at 12:18, SimonLichtie said:

I am happy enough with Dick's appointment

On 3/8/2016 at 11:54, SimonLichtie said:

I am happy with the appointment, as things stand it is the correct thing to do out of the options available to us.

I was happy with Dick's appointment from day 1 - as shown above :)

On a side note, does anyone remember when Smokerson and 1320Lichtie were absolutely furious when Dick was appointed? :rolleyes:

I was happy with Dick's appointment from day 1 - as shown above [emoji4]

On a side note, does anyone remember when Smokerson and 1320Lichtie were absolutely furious when Dick was appointed? :rolleyes:

Bringing me into this for???

Sakes. X

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Ricky Gomes is a better goalkeeper than Smith

No he's not. Gomes is a good keeper, no doubt, but not as good as Smith. He didn't win League 2 Goalkeeper of the year, 2 years running for no reason at all. Other than distribution, the big fella has be superb.

50 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Ask Dunfermline fans what they think of Smith.

And???? Every player at this level has had poor spells at clubs. Ask a Dundee fan about Steven Doris and they'll tell you about a dud, ask an Arbroath about him and they'll show you a good player.

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don't get the fascination over Smith. Decent aye but so is the holy goalie.

I think if you sign him and watch him every week you will see why people rate him highly......again he didn't win League 2 Goalkeeper of the year, 2 years running for no reason at all.

I think if you sign him and watch him every week you will see why people rate him highly......again he didn't win League 2 Goalkeeper of the year, 2 years running for no reason at all.

Just to be picky he got in players team of the year but not the actual team of the year which was the Annan keeper.

I'm not saying he's not a decent keeper but I would prefer Gomes personally.

I watched Ricky Gomes every week and he was faultless for 95 percent of it I have no desire to see Smith sign over Gomes and wouldn't see it as any sort of improvement if he did

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I watched Ricky Gomes every week and he was faultless for 95 percent of it I have no desire to see Smith sign over Gomes and wouldn't see it as any sort of improvement if he did

Fair doo's, there could be much of a muchness about both Goalkeepers, but either way, if you re-sign Gomes or sign Smith, you are signing a very good Goalkeeper for this level......in my honest opinion.