The Arbroath Thread

He has agreed too, but as far as I know he has not signed as yet.  Fancy him at Alloa Waspy?! 

He was always a favourite of mine, I would take him back. On the rare occasion when it all comes together for him, he looks a decent player.

He's out his depth in League 2 though....

Oh wait. Few bad games and people's heads explode.

For me, Ferns was lucky to get a new contract, but we all said this last year about Goldie, so we see what occurs, if it does not work out, he will be gone in January, in Dick we trust

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He's out his depth in League 2 though....

Oh wait. Few bad games and people's heads explode.

Wait, what?

He's barely had 1 good performance since signing. I genuinely can't think of any games where he'd get any more than a 6/10 rating, even if I was being generous.

Looks like Paul Sheerin is front runner for our managers job.  What do Arbroath fans think of him?  Looks like he had a patchy record to me but I'll defer to your experience.

Another Caley fan asked this last week. He can't set up a defensive side to save his life. If you are a fan of 5-4 or 4-3 games then he is your man. Always a legend at Gayfield tho and I hope it works out for him

Wait, what?

He's barely had 1 good performance since signing. I genuinely can't think of any games where he'd get any more than a 6/10 rating, even if I was being generous.

Played well v Edinburgh City. Was fine v Berwick and Annan. Only got 15 against Forfar. Was shite v Montrose away. Was shite v Stirling at home. Barely played after that and when he did he was bang average. Had a good appearance off the bench down at Annan and some people still said he was shite.

The guy has became the go to guy for the moaners in the support to greet about.

Edinburgh yes. Berwick just under he was only an an hour and Annan at home he was only on 45 he got crocked.

The 2 stand out shite games were the Mo and Stirling, Stirling especially, 3 times he made pretty big mistakes when we were attacking.

He's not featured enough otherwise which is why I find it so baffling that he gets so much stick, he's not been brilliant but he's been just as good as most of the guys in the team yet he'll get singled out.

It was Omar to start with, then Sukar, then Ferns. Always needs to be somebody..

Don't think there was that much moaning about him, just that when people analyse a game your hardly going to be waxing lyrical about any of Ferns performances. If he ups his game this season all the better for us. If not I'm sure he'll be gone by January.

Does it ever occur to people that players can improve? Gold being a great example, I hope Eddie has a good pre season and proves people wrong, he certainly seems a popular lad and has some good attributes. Also, the schedule of cup games at the beginning means we need numbers, there will be injuries and holidays to contend with.

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Edinburgh yes. Berwick just under he was only an an hour and Annan at home he was only on 45 he got crocked.

The 2 stand out shite games were the Mo and Stirling, Stirling especially, 3 times he made pretty big mistakes when we were attacking.

He's not featured enough otherwise which is why I find it so baffling that he gets so much stick, he's not been brilliant but he's been just as good as most of the guys in the team yet he'll get singled out.

It was Omar to start with, then Sukar, then Ferns. Always needs to be somebody..

Absolutely agree. There always seems to be one player that the Lichties moaners pick out as their target for venom. Ferns seemed to have been chosen to be that player even before he had set foot onto the pitch.

It was as if SAFC Jake had created some clones and sent them to Gayfield to vent his spleen on Eddie Ferns. It was quite horrendous to witness him being barracked and boo'ed before he had even had a kick of the ball. I really don't understand that mentality. If he is in a AFC shirt, he deserves to be supported and encouraged positively, at least from the start. 

Absolutely agree. There always seems to be one player that the Lichties moaners pick out as their target for venom. Ferns seemed to have been chosen to be that player even before he had set foot onto the pitch.

It was as if SAFC Jake had created some clones and sent them to Gayfield to vent his spleen on Eddie Ferns. It was quite horrendous to witness him being barracked and boo'ed before he had even had a kick of the ball. I really don't understand that mentality. If he is in a AFC shirt, he deserves to be supported and encouraged positively, at least from the start. 

Your seriously suggesting he was booed at gayfield and this was before he even kicked a ball even though he scored the week before? I find that very hard to believe and I certainly never herd it.