The Arbroath Thread

Absolutely agree. There always seems to be one player that the Lichties moaners pick out as their target for venom. Ferns seemed to have been chosen to be that player even before he had set foot onto the pitch.
It was as if SAFC Jake had created some clones and sent them to Gayfield to vent his spleen on Eddie Ferns. It was quite horrendous to witness him being barracked and boo'ed before he had even had a kick of the ball. I really don't understand that mentality. If he is in a AFC shirt, he deserves to be supported and encouraged positively, at least from the start. 

Aye. Hearing things like CAMPBELL WHAT DO YOU SEE IN HIM

Before he's even kicked a ball after coming on...

Only a handful of people like that but when there's less than a thousand in the ground you hear them easily. Absolutely pointless. Putting the guy down and making everyone else think you're a fud at the same time.

Really wish Hibs and Ross County away were Saturday's, group had so much potential..

Your seriously suggesting he was booed at gayfield and this was before he even kicked a ball even though he scored the week before? I find that very hard to believe and I certainly never herd it.

Before coming off the bench..

Before coming off the bench..

His first game at Gayfield was the 4-1 win against Berwick which he started and was subbed off so he couldn't have been booed before coming off the bench.

To be clear I don't agree with booing players and have never done it myself at a game as encouragement is what's needed. There is a difference in that and commenting on the forum that his performances have been poor.

I certainly hope Eddie has a great season.

His first game at Gayfield was the 4-1 win against Berwick which he started and was subbed off so he couldn't have been booed before coming off the bench.

To be clear I don't agree with booing players and have never done it myself at a game as encouragement is what's needed. There is a difference in that and commenting on the forum that his performances have been poor.

I certainly hope Eddie has a great season.

I wasn't on about his first game.

And agree with the rest of it.

Come on, save the bitching til some games have been played.

As a couple have already alluded to Goldie was being slaughtered a lot but has come good, hopefully Ferns can do likewise. Can only see him being predominantly a bench player this season but if he wants 1st team football then he'll need to impress when making sub appearances. Will get chances to shine during cup matches.

Let's start this season positively. :)

I see Mark Stewart has been released from Raith, would take him in a heartbeat to partner Doris. Imagine he'll have his sights higher than us though.

Away to QotS supposedly. Be plenty of Championship suitors I'm guessing. Hilson still not signed for anyone.

Away to QotS supposedly. Be plenty of Championship suitors I'm guessing. Hilson still not signed for anyone.

Aye figured he'd get a gig in the Championship, would probably take McHattie to fill our LB berth too.