The Arbroath Thread

surround by defenders he has doris screaming to play him in.doris went mental when kane fucked up then we lose our advantage .great play you cannot defend the indefensible thats the difference

Doris was invisible in the second half yet you've not said a word about him.

Not for one second said the pass wasn't a poor one, just said that blaming him for the goals crazy.

Hester hasn't been targeted by anyone. In my post I also said that Skelly hasn't had a great pre season, and others have said that Yule didn't play well yesterday too.

You said the ball bounces off his shins and knees every time he tries to take a touch (has that even happened just once?) and backed it up by 2 bad passes he's made in his 5 or 6 games this season.

Said his technical ability holds us back... his technical ability got us 2 class goals yesterday. We just won a game and played really well yet you're wanting to have a go at a guy for some reason. Don't get it

You said the ball bounces off his shins and knees every time he tries to take a touch (has that even happened just once?) and backed it up by 2 bad passes he's made in his 5 or 6 games this season.

Said his technical ability holds us back... his technical ability got us 2 class goals yesterday. We just won a game and played really well yet you're wanting to have a go at a guy for some reason. Don't get it

The fact we won yesterday has literally nothing to do with any of my points...
Obviously you are a fan of Hester but surely you can see he's not as technically gifted as most of our other players and this holds us back at times. It holds us back the same way that McCord's lack of pace, Whatley's lack of creativity etc does. If he wants to make it at this level I think it's something he has to work on and that's why I said it. I don't have an agenda or anything ridiculous like that against Hester, was literally just saying what I see when I watch him.

The fact we won yesterday has literally nothing to do with any of my points...
Obviously you are a fan of Hester but surely you can see he's not as technically gifted as most of our other players and this holds us back at times. It holds us back the same way that McCord's lack of pace, Whatley's lack of creativity etc does. If he wants to make it at this level I think it's something he has to work on and that's why I said it. I don't have an agenda or anything ridiculous like that against Hester, was literally just saying what I see when I watch him.

I'm only bringing up yesterday's result because I can't believe there's anything but positive things being said on here. If you can't just enjoy results and performances like that then what's the point.

Last week it was Denholm now after yesterday it looks like it's going to be Hester.

And well why didn't you go through the whole team saying that then? You did single him out.

He's at this level and he doesn't look out of place. He's not brilliant and he has his faults but like you just said so does everybody. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses at every level but he has shown he can give something to the team so why not back the guy and focus on his positives.

You don't have to have a fantastic touch to have a positive affect on a football park. Think he could be great to bring off the bench against tiring defenders through the season.

I'm only bringing up yesterday's result because I can't believe there's anything but positive things being said on here. If you can't just enjoy results and performances like that then what's the point.

Last week it was Denholm now after yesterday it looks like it's going to be Hester.

And well why didn't you go through the whole team saying that then? You did single him out.

He's at this level and he doesn't look out of place. He's not brilliant and he has his faults but like you just said so does everybody. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses at every level but he has shown he can give something to the team so why not back the guy and focus on his positives.

You don't have to have a fantastic touch to have a positive affect on a football park. Think he could be great to bring off the bench against tiring defenders through the season.

We're not going to agree. I'll see you outside the South Stand at Easter Road on Tuesday night and we can settle this.

so 1320 doris was invisible against alloa. really were you at the game. and also how can you compare a total lichtie legnend to hester never will be and . never be in the same class as stevie d

Mate. I love Doris but you wouldn't have known he was playing second half. He was class when he came on yesterday, probably one of my favourite Arbroath players ever.

Point is you suddenly appeared when we signed him and never ever criticise him, you always seem to get inside info about goings on at the club, I think you might know him....? [emoji6]

1320 i known stevie d dad a long time worked beside him for a long time. sure i might inside info that really must get right up your arse. but saying that you have thought you were the oracle of all things arbroath.

It doesn't get up my arse at all, why would it?

I really enjoy you and your posts. Every single person that comes through the gates I'm a fan of, all supporting the club.

I love a debate on here about the club, bit of an addict to this site at times, certainly do not think I'm the oracle though. Far from it, just a punter like everybody else. [emoji1360]

Never met his dad but heard a lot of good things about him, seems to be a pretty funny and popular guy.

11 hours ago, Big lichtie said:

away on hols the morn 1320 relying on you for info on the hibs ross county games

I can already give you 1320Lichtie's feedback from both games -  all the players were excellent, none of them have any attributes that aren't positive and regardless of performances/ score etc. none of us should make any comments that could be perceived as negative as we won the league 4 months ago so negatives don't exist anymore ;):P

16 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Doris was invisible in the second half yet you've not said a word about him.

^^Disgusting anti Doris agenda IMO.

In all seriousness, no-one has any sort of agenda against Kane. I've not met a single fan who doesn't want him to succeed, he's an Arbroath player and anyone who doesn't want one of our own players to succeed is a bit of a c**t frankly. I wanted Eddie Ferns to succeed, it was just blatant to me early doors that is ability as a football player was extremely limited.

Almost every player at our level has negatives in their game, this is League 1 not top end Champions League. We have half a dozen or so players who we have turned down bids for/ the players themselves have turned down contract offers from clubs at a higher level than us. Outside of them, all of the guys we've got in our squad are playing for us because of certain issues within their game that put them at this level. If Ricky Little was 3 inches taller, he'd be playing a level up, if Gav didn't have such a bad attitude at times he'd have spent the last 10 years playing Premiership football, if Mark Whatley was better in the final third he'd be up a level etc. You could go through the vast majority of players at our level, point out their weaknesses and argue that if they improved on them they could step up a level or two. At the moment, the discussion is about Kane. It doesn't mean any of us think he's a dick, total shite at football and we should release him immediately, it just means we're at a point where the management/ Kane himself need to work out if he can hack at this level, and the fan opinion is split.

If we can't discuss the positives/ negatives of players individual performances and the team overall, this forum would go very quiet very quickly.

I think the conversation can become a bit unhealthy and negative at times though and it's frustrating. I was annoyed at 78s comment because I thought it was very unfair and it lead to a lot of negative discussion about a guy that just had a superb game for us. It was yes he did get 2 assists but this this this this..

Like you just said every single player at this level will have their weaknesses and you could point them out after every single game regardless of how they played.

I just think they should be judged on how they play each minute they spend on the park. They have a bad game criticise them after it then move on to the next one.

Kane might not have the best technique in the squad but look at the 2 lovely balls he put in and the good bits of play he had Saturday, you wouldn't have known that.

Just wish the positives would be focussed on, I mean the guys are signed and here to stay so don't see the point in bringing up weaknesses all the time.

Could literally post after every game someone played well BUT they're not great at this cause mind in that game this happened... maybe just me but I find it a bit depressing sometimes.

On the other hand, unless posters regularly post opinion pieces - as opposed to facts/description - it reduces the need to come on here. As long as it doesn't violate accepted sensibilities, why not 'let a thousand flowers bloom'. Express your opinion, and reply, in a civil way