The Arbroath Thread

The thing is a lot of the guys I’ve been keeping an eye out for haven’t even been confirmed as signing anywhere. When other teams have made signings I’ve never really thought that they’d be someone we would’ve been in for either. 

It is going to be real interesting to see how we tidy up and complete the squad.

I have no doubt we will get loans after the League Cup groups are done this year that was definitely the plan and even the chairman has mentioned it but there’ll still be 4 or so that we will be looking to get in aside from any loans and it is going to be an interesting month ahead

Had heard something that I was really quite excited about but I think that’s maybe up the poley for just now anyway due to other things going on

Would expect a number 2 keeper signed first now 

Training back last night too 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Had heard something that I was really quite excited about but I think that’s maybe up the poley for just now anyway due to other things going on

Would expect a number 2 keeper signed first now 

Training back last night too 

IF you are on about a Goalkeeper it is probably the same name i heard about a few weeks ago but "seemingly" he was re-thinking his situation as a full-time club was speaking to him?

Would have (or hopefully the deal is on again) been a great signing as very experienced and still a good age for a Goalie.

I know others have said they are happy with a young loanee Goalie from a SPL club but that is not for me as I prefer to have our own signed Goalkeeper as having that and a good goalscorer are the 2 main signings to get in first for a club imo..

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but that is just mine.

As was said training started last night plus the "Open Day" on Saturday so i would suspect a few trialist Goalkeepers on show.  

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

IF you are on about a Goalkeeper it is probably the same name i heard about a few weeks ago but "seemingly" he was re-thinking his situation as a full-time club was speaking to him?

Would have (or hopefully the deal is on again) been a great signing as very experienced and still a good age for a Goalie.

I know others have said they are happy with a young loanee Goalie from a SPL club but that is not for me as I prefer to have our own signed Goalkeeper as having that and a good goalscorer are the 2 main signings to get in first for a club imo..

As was said training started last night plus the "Open Day" on Saturday so i would suspect a few trialist Goalkeepers on show.  

No not Jack Hamilton although notice he’s still to be confirmed anywhere. Was a loan I would’ve been very happy with but might not happen now for another reason 

Think it just depends on who it is, would rather have someone on loan that’s clearly a better player than what we could get signed up on a permanent - there’s not too many good goalkeepers kicking about at PT level

I think keeping Gaston would’ve been a safe move though and will just have to wait and see what happens but obviously going to need that sorted pretty soon with the game next weekend

Also notice Dumbarton signed up a player that I think we really need in middle of park - athletic ball winning dirty b*****d category - Niang. Really hope we get someone in that can do that job - not having one the past couple of years been a problem

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Your entitled to your opinion but it is nonsense as it usually is.

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No not Jack Hamilton although notice he’s still to be confirmed anywhere. Was a loan I would’ve been very happy with but might not happen now for another reason 

Think it just depends on who it is, would rather have someone on loan that’s clearly a better player than what we could get signed up on a permanent - there’s not too many good goalkeepers kicking about at PT level

I think keeping Gaston would’ve been a safe move though and will just have to wait and see what happens but obviously going to need that sorted pretty soon with the game next weekend

Also notice Dumbarton signed up a player that I think we really need in middle of park - athletic ball winning dirty b*****d category - Niang. Really hope we get someone in that can do that job - not having one the past couple of years been a problem

Is the loanee keeper you’ve heard mentioned from the Saints of Perth city? 

33 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Is the loanee keeper you’ve heard mentioned from the Saints of Perth city? 

Mitov to Aberdeen would’ve thrown a spanner in the works I imagine 

Every post the club put out on their socials the first reply is “do we have a keeper yet” 

Do our support genuinely think that we’ve signed a keeper and just not told anyone about it? Maybe they are expecting a big WWE style entrance out the back of the sports centre on Saturday at the open training session?

”Bah god…….thats Marc McCallums music”Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

Edited by lichtie23

35 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Every post the club put out on their socials the first reply is “do we have a keeper yet” 

Do our support genuinely think that we’ve signed a keeper and just not told anyone about it? Maybe they are expecting a big WWE style entrance out the back of the sports centre on Saturday at the open training session?

Usual suspects. Normally people that couldn’t have pointed to gayfield on a map before the 21/22 season.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

😂😂

Spot on. Some absolute dafties kicking about, imagine the club just posting -

‘Just incase anyone is wondering we’ve not signed anyone and not told you’ 

Every single day, absolute balloons 

12 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

How was Darren Lyon for you  guys ?

Just signed for Clyde.

Solid when he played. Spent time at both full back positions too due to our injury crisis. Probably would’ve kept him but not sure McIntyre fancied him.

13 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

How was Darren Lyon for you  guys ?

Just signed for Clyde.

Said on Clyde thread but yeah really liked him and never let you down. Very unspectacular but really reliable and will do a job for team where ever he’s asked to be played. 

Notice Dundee have signed a keeper, wouldn’t be surprised if Harrison Sharp maybe becomes an option for us now.  

14 hours ago, mo83 said:

Ross Sinclair?....class keeper

I was on my L3 Goalkeeping course with Scott Findlay a few years ago, he was coaching at St.Johnstone at the time (may even still be) and he raved about Sinclair, said he had a big future in the game.