The Arbroath Thread

From what I heard

Wanting Stevie and Pongo to get fitter. Keep a track and score on every player throughout games for all different reasons, running/creativity etc. Working on a few exciting loans. Also mentioned ToB from Forfar. Few players going out on loan (guessing Kane will be joined by Thompson and Dunlop) gave a good insight in to what each player was like personally. Wants more from a few players in the squad. Each player has own fitness programme. Spoke well of all the players as pros and Jimmy Scott. Service to strikers and strikers themselves need to improve.

He did a talk at the start about building up a club and building a team and how everyone should be in it together, players, fans, directors, management.

Answered most questions fairly well and it looks like the stuff that has been frustrating us has been frustrating them even more. He almost asked Simon to join the coaching staff at one point hahaha

From what I heard

Wanting Stevie and Pongo to get fitter. Keep a track and score on every player throughout games for all different reasons, running/creativity etc. Working on a few exciting loans. Also mentioned ToB from Forfar. Few players going out on loan (guessing Kane will be joined by Thompson and Dunlop) gave a good insight in to what each player was like personally. Wants more from a few players in the squad. Each player has own fitness programme. Spoke well of all the players as pros and Jimmy Scott. Service to strikers and strikers themselves need to improve.

ToB from forfar as in signing???

Knew it would happen, all the fans there last night were asked to watch what they say outside the room and on social media in regards certain things getting discussed and here we are already one player from a rival teams name is getting banded about on this board (which no doubt clubs directors/managers/coaches/players read!!

Ian Campbell came across very good and shared a great view on what happens off the pitch and what they are looking for going forward and good to hear they want the AFC Directors/Management/players/fans to all work as one.

He also said he wanted more of those meeting.

Decent turnout but do wish it could have been advertised in the local press or with flyers in pubs/shops as not everybody has social media or a PC.

Harsh. Cant judge a player on subby appearances. I cant remember him having a run of more than about 3 starts. He's not had enough of a chance imo but hopefully he does well at broughty and gets back in the squad.

I think you can judge a player like Kane purely on sub appearances, as even if he did stay that's where most of his appearances would come from.

Knew it would happen, all the fans there last night were asked to watch what they say outside the room and on social media in regards certain things getting discussed and here we are already one player from a rival teams name is getting banded about on this board (which no doubt clubs directors/managers/coaches/players read!!

Ian Campbell came across very good and shared a great view on what happens off the pitch and what they are looking for going forward and good to hear they want the AFC Directors/Management/players/fans to all work as one.

He also said he wanted more of those meeting.

Decent turnout but do wish it could have been advertised in the local press or with flyers in pubs/shops as not everybody has social media or a PC.

Tbf was he not just speaking about other players and teams around us? Got told he talked about a few teams in quite a lot of depth and their players, Clyde/Forfar/Elgin etc, and he just seemed to speak very highly of ToB, was one of his ex players after all..?

We're also away to get Gunn, Swanks, Easton, Sutherland and Peter McDonald signed up I've heard.. :whistle:

I think you can judge a player like Kane purely on sub appearances, as even if he did stay that's where most of his appearances would come from.

He's had time, just needs game time, loan will help him, broughty will still be a good level, did IC say anything about him last night?

IC said he and DC "loved" (he said that word often last night) Kane and he had a great attitude and ability but thought it would benefit both Kane and AFC if he went out for some "game time" and he was still defenitly still part of their plans, I certainly took it that this was not a case of Kane been frozen out the club.  

IC said he and DC "loved" (he said that word often last night) Kane and he had a great attitude and ability but thought it would benefit both Kane and AFC if he went out for some "game time" and he was still defenitly still part of their plans, I certainly took it that this was not a case of Kane been frozen out the club.  

"Love them aw tae bits" was his phrase as ai recall.