The Arbroath Thread

Dick is after one more player, which his budget allows but he is giving hints to the board need to squeez another. He is defo going for to win it but concedes will be hard with 4 ft teams in league. Season past both Doris and McCord have had butts kicked from gaffer and they have flourished. Dick is buzzing for league to start, Aberdeen are bringing a first team as well as Dundee so should be a test, also manager believes we have some quality players to test this league.

IMO we still need a first choice centre half and striker, as well as a back up centre midfielder and a back up defender who can preferably play centre half and full back. I think we'll be looking to sign that first choice CB permanently, then the rest on loan. Once we get a loan striker in who appears to be decent I imagine the likes of Ferns and Hester will be allowed to leave, unless they make a major impact in pre-season/Betfred Cup.

2 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Dick is after one more player, which his budget allows but he is giving hints to the board need to squeez another. He is defo going for to win it but concedes will be hard with 4 ft teams in league. Season past both Doris and McCord have had butts kicked from gaffer and they have flourished. Dick is buzzing for league to start, Aberdeen are bringing a first team as well as Dundee so should be a test, also manager believes we have some quality players to test this league.

Any date for the Dundee game please? 

19 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

IMO we still need a first choice centre half and striker, as well as a back up centre midfielder and a back up defender who can preferably play centre half and full back. I think we'll be looking to sign that first choice CB permanently, then the rest on loan. Once we get a loan striker in who appears to be decent I imagine the likes of Ferns and Hester will be allowed to leave, unless they make a major impact in pre-season/Betfred Cup.

Another centre back?, are we playing with three at the back?

Well there's only 3 players that can play there and one will probably be at left back and the other might be needed to play in midfield.

Or we could just bring in a LB, just a thought

10 hours ago, SNEEKIT said:

Rab Douglas sold hisemoji23.png

Well there was no danger of him winning a Championship Winners Medal at your lot Seth...............

And to be fair he never played a bad game for us or in fact lost a goal in his term at Gayfield but fair play to Big Rab i heard he was a great influence at training and in the dressing room and took GREAT delight in saying GTRUY when we won the league, so for that he is now a defaulted Red Lichtie Legend (p.s. he also got a free holiday in Magaluf out of it just to pee you off more............lol) 36-0.

1. Hamilton
2. Whatley if needed

So you are advocating breaking up our league winning centre back pairing, move one of them to left back in the "hope" we can get a player as effective?