Dundee Utd vs Hamilton Accies - 13/09/14

Second one he went to go wind up Ciftci when Hamilton scored. Linesman saw it and told the ref. Stupid stuff from the boy when he's been booked really.

Not surprised to be honest. His energy and tenacity is terrific but he is an absolute idiot at times.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I thought Hamilton played some fantastic football at times today. Ran out of ideas a little towards the end of the game (but so didi both teams).

I'll second that. Lots of nice, quick, intricate interchanges. Not to brag, but some of it reminded me of us, which made it all the more frustrating when our idea seemed to be "boot it to Bilate/GMS"

Certainly a lot easier on the eye than the last time they were up.

Hamilton passed the ball much better than us, which wasn't difficult with us employing hoofball brutalism in the second half. Neither Rankin nor Paton are capable of playing an intricate pass, which we were badly needing after the break, and Paton's endless long diagonal balls were totally counterproductive. Just keep the ball on the fucking grass. Should have brought Telfer on.

That we finished the game with Erskine up front on his own is proof that McNamara's decision not to bring in another striker was a bit of a f**k-up on his part. We're now heading in to the derby with one recognised striker, and one who has looked largely ineffective thus far. Though Cifcti would have been a good bet for a red card at Dens anyway, hot-headed half-wit that he is. And we're similarly bereft at left-back. Bad times.

Entertaining first half, though. Good luck to the Accies, good team with a noisy support today.

Now I have calmed down I would say pass marks to gms, Watson and Dillon (out of position wrong side) maybe also Fojut. Nobody else good enough. What the actual f**k are Paton and Rankin for?don't press and break up play well enough and offer nothing creatively.

Not all about United though. Hamilton play excellent football on the deck and night and day from the Shite Reid used to bring through.

That is a fantastic result IMO, considering the early set backs we suffered, Jesus going off after about 10 minutes, the goal, And the silly sending off, I felt we may have been in for a long day, but the heads never went down and we kept plugging away and I thought we could have won it in the end.

Ciftci seems like a bit of an arse, but is definetly a talented boy, glad to see him go after the handball. Mackinnon was just stupid, after his first booking he should know better than that, you have to be on your best behaviour. He really does remind me of Alex Neil, a good dominate force in midfield, a type of player every team needs, but can be hot headed at times and get sent off for silly reasons.

What a great time to be an Accie, top of the Premier League, who'd have thought it, we all now it won't end that way but just for the hell of it we should see how long we can stay there.

Mon the Accies!!!!!

1st half was worth the £21 entry alone - great entertainment and more games should be like this.

Felt the tackles on Jesus and 22 were cynical and changed the game as they had to be subbed.

Daz's red card was a wee bit harsh as he did nothing that I could see to merit his first yellow - and his 2nd yellow was soft. He does get wound up but he's not a dirty player (honestly)!

All told, we played some very nice passing football and maybe should have won it in the 2nd half.

Top of the league - can't complain.

Now I have calmed down I would say pass marks to gms, Watson and Dillon (out of position wrong side) maybe also Fojut. Nobody else good enough. What the actual f**k are Paton and Rankin for?don't press and break up play well enough and offer nothing creatively.

Not all about United though. Hamilton play excellent football on the deck and night and day from the Shite Reid used to bring through.

Paton and rankin have arguably not been good enough since xmas....its a strange one because they should both slot into the system fine and did look good in the first half of last season.

I can only think that when we have a front four on fire, the midfield of the other side drop a lot deeper to help their defence which makes Paton and Rankins jobs that much easier. To be fair on both of them as individuals, they dont appear to be making lots of mistakes but its obvious in some games where teams are getting the better of them. Paton in particular is an extremely limited footballer but does the best with what hes got.

For the second goal we really should have been pressing out more to deny the space to take the shot, but I thought it was a great finish by Andreu.

Not for me. Looked like it went straight through Rado. Decent shot from distance but plenty of time for a comfortable save.

Ciftci in a nutshell today. One great goal and then some rank bellendery.

I was disappointed that MacNamara didn't try to change things to go for the win. Erskine doesn't have the pace or strength to play centre forward and GMS looked absolutely shattered after 60 minutes. Neither offered anything useful in the last 30 minutes. Both Connolly and Telfer would have offered more in terms of pace and invention. Instead the game rather petered out with neither side able to offer anything useful going forward second half.

That said, Hamilton are a tidy side and that was the sort of game when things could easily have run away from us so happy enough with a point.

To be fair he was about 5 yards fron Ciftci so hardly in his face, however after just being booked he should have known better. I had little doubt he was going to get sent off for it, stupidity. However we looked the team more likely to score late on and should have won it with two free headers near the end.

Archived