Dundee Utd vs Hamilton Accies - 13/09/14

To be fair he was about 5 yards fron Ciftci so hardly in his face, however after just being booked he should have known better. I had little doubt he was going to get sent off for it, stupidity. However we looked the team more likely to score late on and should have won it with two free headers near the end.

Lets be honest here he was a little closer than that and he was quite aggressive about it. It was stupid but I wouldn't have booked him for it. Also Ciftci getting booked for having his leg strangled was a strange one. The 2 reds ruined what started off as a fantastic game which was a shame.

Fojut's header that was flying towards goal then bounced and spun backwards was a bit bizzare. A game either team could have one but a point was probably fair in the end.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for me. Looked like it went straight through Rado. Decent shot from distance but plenty of time for a comfortable save.

Ciftci in a nutshell today. One great goal and then some rank bellendery.

I was disappointed that MacNamara didn't try to change things to go for the win. Erskine doesn't have the pace or strength to play centre forward and GMS looked absolutely shattered after 60 minutes. Neither offered anything useful in the last 30 minutes. Both Connolly and Telfer would have offered more in terms of pace and invention. Instead the game rather petered out with neither side able to offer anything useful going forward second half.

That said, Hamilton are a tidy side and that was the sort of game when things could easily have run away from us so happy enough with a point.

Totally agree about McNamara, he had Connolly warming up for about 20 minutes, he should have been on for 15 of them.

Lets be honest here he was a little closer than that and he was quite aggressive about it. It was stupid but I wouldn't have booked him for it. Also Ciftci getting booked for having his leg strangled was a strange one. The 2 reds ruined what started off as a fantastic game which was a shame.

Fojut's header that was flying towards goal then bounced and spun backwards was a bit bizzare. A game either team could have one but a point was probably fair in the end.

Could be your pitch, the. Corner we were in was cutting up all over the place! Those grass pitches will be the down fall of Scottish football!

To be fair he was about 5 yards fron Ciftci so hardly in his face, however after just being booked he should have known better. I had little doubt he was going to get sent off for it, stupidity. However we looked the team more likely to score late on and should have won it with two free headers near the end.

Indeed. Not literally in his face. But pointing and shouting at his face from five yards away.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the first bookings the second bookings were all down to the players. Pair of fannies.

It's much different when you have a close up view. Cifftci was booked for wrapping his arms around McKinnon and refusing to let McKinnon go free. It looked from our side that McKinnon was booked for nothing and he clearly felt that. The red most came down and he went charging up the pitch with the ball which let to the goal. He was obviously still angry and then was stupid to get involved further.

Losing big jesus early on in the match was a blow for us. Devlin came on and was prob to blame for the 1st goal. Almost made up for it right at the end with his header jus over crossbar. Hope jesus won't be out long, anyone heard if it's serious?

Accies twitter said him and #22" Both will be assessed on Monday. Nothing of major concern at moment"

The team is very good just now but the loss of Tenna and moving Grant to midfeild exposed our weakness in left back, also Devlin cost us the 1st goal.

We need a left back and a Center half to last the season

Neither Rankin nor Paton are capable of playing an intricate pass, which we were badly needing after the break, and Paton's endless long diagonal balls were totally counterproductive. Just keep the ball on the fucking grass.

What the actual f**k are Paton and Rankin for?don't press and break up play well enough and offer nothing creatively.

Paton and rankin have arguably not been good enough. Paton in particular is an extremely limited footballer but does the best with what hes got.

Halle-fcuking-lujah!!!!

Our midfield are a joke - don't even know who plays in Hamilton's midfield, but they took the piss out of us.

Jackie needs to have a long meeting with Ciftci and sort him out. Fucking love the guy, but man, some of his decision making...

Talking of Jackie, what the f**k was with that today? Plays Bilate who apparently is suffering from food poisoning and then only makes one substitute all game. Should have started Spittal and left Bilate on the bench.

Halle-fcuking-lujah!!!!

Our midfield are a joke - don't even know who plays in Hamilton's midfield, but they took the piss out of us.

Danny Redmond Alistair Crowford Toney Andreu Darrian Miccinon Dougie imrie

Jackie needs to have a long meeting with Ciftci and sort him out. Fucking love the guy, but man, some of his decision making...

Talking of Jackie, what the f**k was with that today? Plays Bilate who apparently is suffering from food poisoning and then only makes one substitute all game. Should have started Spittal and left Bilate on the bench.

A few people have mentioned Spittal but I would have loved to have seen Connolly. Having been at the development games this season it is Connolly who has consistently stood out ahead of Spittal. Either way the decisions made today were bizarre and McNamara was far too cautious in his decision making towards the end of the game.

Hamilton's midfield were in total control for most of the game and something should have been done to counter that, either by adding to Paton and Rankin or by taking one of those two off and giving another dimension to our play, Telfer would have offered that.

Ciftci's attitude and behaviour during games will be what stops him winning a really big move. For pure talent he is one of the best in the league, but his demeanour during matches is shocking at times.

l2gNmnRGXe%2BnsbBqbG%2FNmDkOVNpg0KULTaBRwaH2I%2FRi4NVh%2BQ%3D%3D&sa=41325822&bit=1&fl=norefer&ip=gof]http://uk.proxfree.com/page.php?get=sP3ioj1pGIuifIIDOtMKgn2QtkeUToYCH8uJl2gNmnRGXe%2BnsbBqbG%2FNmDkOVNpg0KULTaBRwaH2I%2FRi4NVh%2BQ%3D%3D&sa=41325822&bit=1&fl=norefer&ip=gof[/url]

Those two goals we conceded were absolute gifts. Hard to watch that.

ok the link doesn't work apparently.

The 1st might have been a gift but there's no way surely you can argue about the scoreline? !

I wasn't trying to take anything away from yourselves mate you were well worth the point but from our perspective those are two horrible goals to concede.

Archived