All things Dundee FC

16 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Is Loy going out on loan ?

Would love to see him at Queens but probably cost to much for us.

I'd like to think the club's scanning the Championship fixture lists and squads and working out where they could send him to maximise the chances of screwing up United's promotion bid. Sadly I doubt if they're looking at the bigger picture that ordinary supporters see.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Is it just me or is the winter break not a totally shite idea?

I'm making the most of it and taking Mrs Rumpo away for a long weekend at a posh country hotel in an attempt to convince her I don't think about football the whole time. One of the Perth Dees totally screwed up trying to do the same thing and forgot about the Scottish Cup. He'll be in Lanzarote for the St Mirren game, blowing the brownie points by taking off to a bar to follow the football.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

2 hours ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

I'd like to think the club's scanning the Championship fixture lists and squads and working out where they could send him to maximise the chances of screwing up United's promotion bid.

So he's off to Tannadice, then?

(Sorry...bit harsh...)

Looks like G_Man and Bigmouth Strikes Again might get their wish. Scott Bain being rumoured to be on his way to MK Dons. 

Would be a decent move. Provided we can get in a half decent keeper I'll be glad he's gone tbh.

If we waited until the summer we'd be in the exact same situation as we were with Hemmings and Stewart so the earlier he goes the more cash we will be able to get.

Sadly not my job but I'm qualified. Making a living off it is virtually impossible unless you know someone.

I did a two day course in Old Trafford back in June.

Want me to send you the link mate?

Sorry, I was drunk when I read this thread last night and forgot to respond. Fire away!

There doesn't seem to be a lot in this other than a single MK dons fan tweeting that they heard a rumour and it being picked up on. 

Even though he's clearly not as hyped as he once was, we've still got him until 2018. I'll be disappointed when he leaves but we all know it's inevitable and there will be a much better selection of replacements in the Summer. Losing him now would be a bit of a disaster tbh, Mitchell doesn't seem good enough to play at this level and we'd be panic buying from the first few available options.

Was thinking about him earlier.  He your sub-goalie just now?

Yeah, Clarks displaced him. Clarks been dodgy/poor since being knocked out a few weeks back, but Mannus hasn't gotten back in, so it's like Clark is now first choice completely. Can't see Mannus wanting to sit on the bench, and I can't see the club keeping him against his will considering the quality we have in young goalkeepers (two of them are involved in Scottish youth sides)

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, Clarks displaced him. Clarks been dodgy/poor since being knocked out a few weeks back, but Mannus hasn't gotten back in, so it's like Clark is now first choice completely. Can't see Mannus wanting to sit on the bench, and I can't see the club keeping him against his will considering the quality we have in young goalkeepers (two of them are involved in Scottish youth sides)

Always thought he was decent. I'm not sure Mitchell is ready to step up quite yet.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd do worse than signing Mannus...

Was my first thought. Would be happy with him long term too if we're to take a similar sort of gamble for a lower league 'keeper in the summer and need a dependable back-up if it goes tits up.

Would St Johnstone allow us to bring Mannus in? Second choice or not there's probably an argument to be had that he's still better than their current number one at present.

Gifting him to a divisional rival on a free transfer would be slightly bizarre from themselves.

I'd bite your hand off for Mannus though. As a keeper I used to think he was a touch overrated and his body shape doesn't seem best suited for a keeper but I don't think there's anyone else out there that would give us some guaranteed solidity.

Would St Johnstone allow us to bring Mannus in? Second choice or not there's probably an argument to be had that he's still better than their current number one at present.

Gifting him to a divisional rival on a free transfer would be slightly bizarre from themselves.

I'd bite your hand off for Mannus though. As a keeper I used to think he was a touch overrated and his body shape doesn't seem best suited for a keeper but I don't think there's anyone else out there that would give us some guaranteed solidity.

Hes out of contract in the summer, and surely still has hopes of earning more caps with NI, so if he's second choice behind Clark, then I can see him asking to move for first team football. The club, and TW, seem to have enough respect to allow senior players to leave if there's a genuine reason for it, we let Frazer Wright leave for free just a month after he signed a new contract as he wanted to go part time, despite the fact it left us short in defence.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes out of contract in the summer, and surely still has hopes of earning more caps with NI, so if he's second choice behind Clark, then I can see him asking to move for first team football. The club, and TW, seem to have enough respect to allow senior players to leave if there's a genuine reason for it, we let Frazer Wright leave for free just a month after he signed a new contract as he wanted to go part time, despite the fact it left us short in defence.

Excellent. Will keep this for later and be asleep like a shot.

Thank you.

Madness to sell Bain just now with the league being so tight. He could easily be the difference in staying up or going down. Unless it's silly money then I'd rather cash in at the end of the season.

Would St Johnstone allow us to bring Mannus in?
As a keeper I used to think he was a touch overrated and his body shape doesn't seem best suited for a keeper but I don't think there's anyone else out there that would give us some guaranteed solidity.

8d254b95ed6de7eea2f2bbe09348cb77.jpg