All things Dundee FC

It was actually pretty close between Kamara and McGowan until the final set of club presentations where Kamara pulled away. 

I hadn’t really thought that much about but I’d have voted for Gowser tbh [emoji177]

8 hours ago, ah-dee said:
17 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Also, this 'article' jeezo:
Link.

that is one of the poorest things ive ever read. sometimes i hate the internet as it gives complete dipshits a platform to voice their opinions

"Bain had less than year left on his deal, but he had signed a one year extension prior to all the hassle and it’s not really in doubt that he would have wanted the club to get something for him. His contract would have seen him through to the end of this season, and he would almost certainly have left the club for a fee."

This paragraph alone tells you everything you need to know about the chunt that wrote it. States his contract was due to run out end of this season, but we would've got a fee because that's what Bain wanted :lol: Walloper of the highest order who doesn't seem to understand how the transfer system works.

I didn't realise the players were off on a night out when they left last night. 

Anyone whose been to POTY will know that when they leave, there's always a commotion - people wanting last-minute autographs and photos. But they left while Charlie Duthie was trying to conduct an auction - which ended up being a thankless task and I'm pretty sure things went for less than they really should have.

Don't get me wrong; they're entitled to as many nights out as they want between now and pre-season. But because they weren't leaving due to a curfew (unlike the sponsors' dinner when they leave before the guest speaker) I think they could have maybe waited a little longer until the night was over. It was only another 5-10 minutes.

Maybe I'm just turning into a grumpy old git. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Anyone whose been to POTY will know that when they leave, there's always a commotion - people wanting last-minute autographs and photos. But they left while Charlie Duthie was trying to conduct an auction - which ended up being a thankless task and I'm pretty sure things went for less than they really should have.

Don't get me wrong; they're entitled to as many nights out as they want between now and pre-season. But because they weren't leaving due to a curfew (unlike the sponsors' dinner when they leave before the guest speaker) I think they could have maybe waited a little longer until the night was over. It was only another 5-10 minutes.

Nope I'd say you were spot on.

I assume your POTY is like ours, possibly the one time in the year the average fan can mix with the players without paying a fortune for hospitality or a formal dinner.

Maybe your squad had something planned but certainly at ours on Saturday night, while the players all left together before the event ended, they along with those fans who wanted to go into town shared taxi's and continued to mix in the town.

Most of the younger lads ended up in the Underground I think.

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
3 hours ago, tree house tam said:
I'm no Bruno Tonioli but I don't even think that's a Rhumba. 

It's a gathering. Maybe look at it as tribal dancing. I quite like it. He seems happy and that's the main thing.

I’m just glad it’s the Derry Rhumba and not the Derry Tsunami he’s involved in, those are vicious!

Arrival of the new top to add to a few others. f**k knows where all my kits have gone over the years. A combination of the old dear and girlfriends throwing them out methinks. 

rsz_20180514_184125.jpg

31 minutes ago, rodallegabombs said:

Apparently Gowser was lifted last night after punching a bouncer in / outside underground.
I wasn't there but source is usually reliable.

Some fucking (idiot) boy. 

If that’s true, surely he’s looking at a custodial sentence? Given he got a pretty light reprieve the last time with the ankle tag? Either way he doesn’t help himself in the slightest and despite being 30 hasn’t exactly grown up.

Of course it may all be made up, in which case as you are. But say he does get sentenced, what do Dundee do with him?

1 minute ago, Widge said:

If that’s true, surely he’s looking at a custodial sentence? Given he got a pretty light reprieve the last time with the ankle tag? Either way he doesn’t help himself in the slightest and despite being 30 hasn’t exactly grown up.

Of course it may all be made up, in which case as you are. But say he does get sentenced, what do Dundee do with him?

Backhanders and funny handshakes should see him come out with 200 hours community service and a wee fine. 

Backhanders and funny handshakes should see him come out with 200 hours community service and a wee fine. 

Possibly, but given he’s got previous and clearly hasn’t learnt, not are they’d be so lenient with him this time.

FWIW I’m genuinely interested in this as it’s a bizarre one. If it is true though the lad needs anger management. Just as well he didn’t sign for saints, him and Foster would have been a match made in heaven.