All things Dundee FC

33 minutes ago, Crawford said:

But yeah......St Johnstone are 'REALLY' going places.

Championship that is.

Bitterness will eat you, sit down with a beer and bask in the Friday evening sunshine thinking about your team pumping Sunderland. You know it makes sense.

22 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

How you boys feeling about the upcoming season?

Still think the tv pundit is the man for the job? emoji848.png

Absolutely unequivocally undecided.

Last season was not good enough, contrary to what some blinkered people may think, it was not any real improvement on Hartley, which is quite damning IMO

McCann was an international footballer, played in the top league in England. He now has nearly 2 years management experience including his spell at Dunfermline. He’s not just a tv pundit imo.

I love the guy and I really think we are going to see a decent improvement this season.

15 hours ago, Crawford said:

That and how does he reckon financial turmoil if the council and the club are in bed together on a multi million pound investment in the West end of Dundee? 

New facilities that will generate the owners more than gratuitous amounts of digity rather than the no digity this two bit reporter reckons we have.

But yeah......St Johnstone are 'REALLY' going places.

Championship that is.

Tbf we've got a brand new training pitch, one of the best u17 teams in the country, one of the youngest squads we've had in decades, and we're finally in the 21st century in terms of coaching staff. 

We've also got more U12s going to games than we've ever had. Have over £2m in the bank and a growing social media presence. 

Please continue talking us down though, people have been talking about our decline for over a decade now, it generally makes it sweeter when we don't fail. 

We so beat Sunderland 3-0 last Summer, with a half fit squad who used it as a training exercise for an hour.. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Tbf we've got a brand new training pitch, one of the best u17 teams in the country, one of the youngest squads we've had in decades, and we're finally in the 21st century in terms of coaching staff. 
We've also got more U12s going to games than we've ever had. Have over £2m in the bank and a growing social media presence. 
Please continue talking us down though, people have been talking about our decline for over a decade now, it generally makes it sweeter when we don't fail. 
We so beat Sunderland 3-0 last Summer, with a half fit squad who used it as a training exercise for an hour.. 

Yawn

1 minute ago, Ylf said:

Yawn

Tbf I didn't know anything about their youth stuff so that was almost interesting...

Still think they'll struggle this season unless the long awaited, tartan lined kit is the right shade of blue

2 hours ago, locheedee said:

Tbf I didn't know anything about their youth stuff so that was almost interesting..

Same youth coach who brought through Hibs' "golden generation", and two 16/17yos from that batch have already broken into the first team.

"downward spiral", "ageing squad" tho. 

7 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Who’s the coach?

Tell me who brought those players through and I'll let you know :lol:

It's Alistair Stevenson. He was your Head of Youth from 2003-2011.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tell me who brought those players through and I'll let you know :lol:

It's Alistair Stevenson. He was your Head of Youth from 2003-2011.

A guy called Donald Park always seems to get most of the credit for the Golden Generation but no doubt Alistar Stevenson has played a big part over those years. Parks always the name talked about by the players. I remember there it was quite a big deal when Stevenson was ‘let go’. Fans who know that side of thing weren’t happy. 

I was genuinely interested who the coach was btw.

6 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

A guy called Donald Park always seems to get most of the credit for the Golden Generation but no doubt Alistar Stevenson has played a big part over those years. Parks always the name talked about by the players. I remember there it was quite a big deal when Stevenson was ‘let go’. Fans who know that side of thing weren’t happy. 

I was genuinely interested who the coach was btw.

Aye I think most were already in the system when he arrived, he does seem pretty highly regarded though, and our entire youth squad got full contracts last year. 

Yet we still get painted as some drudgy old team signing 30 year old journeymen who never give young players a chance. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Decent pedigree - We're doing pretty well with McPake and Boyle apparently & now have a link to an American youth setup in Texas too.

There's been so much 'Saintee' pish on the thread already, I almost think I should post this in yours but...

I don't think I've ever accused you guys of that but I do however think you've been on a gradual decline for a while. Rather than it being age, I'd say it's been more a failure to recruit.

From your'successful' squad you lost your best players like May, MOH & Mackay ( :lol:) & haven't ever really replaced them. The ones that have stayed are ok but the loss of your stars and a gradual wastage of players retiring/moving on has in my opinion seen your league position drop. 

Think unless fat Tam gets to bring in a couple of decent players (& you get the right pantone of strip obvs) you'll be a bottom six 'meh' team at best.

24 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Decent pedigree - We're doing pretty well with McPake and Boyle apparently & now have a link to an American youth setup in Texas too.

There's been so much 'Saintee' pish on the thread already, I almost think I should post this in yours but...

I don't think I've ever accused you guys of that but I do however think you've been on a gradual decline for a while. Rather than it being age, I'd say it's been more a failure to recruit.

From your'successful' squad you lost your best players like May, MOH & Mackay ( :lol:) & haven't ever really replaced them. The ones that have stayed are ok but the loss of your stars and a gradual wastage of players retiring/moving on has in my opinion seen your league position drop. 

Think unless fat Tam gets to bring in a couple of decent players (& you get the right pantone of strip obvs) you'll be a bottom six 'meh' team at best.

Why is "success" highlighted as if the last decade hasn't been? 

Our "decline" is a natural slide to "our level", which realistically is somewhere between 6th and the top of the Championship, which has coincided with the likes of Hibs and Kilmarnock sorting themselves out. I doubt we'll drop out this division while Tommy Wright is in charge.