All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Did you not start sending threatening messages to people after they gave you a red dot?

No, I politely asked mungo why he was following me around the forum.

Now off you pop onto the DAB thread.

Thank you.

Tonight's quite the test for us. Doubt we will have a defender as poor as Mendy playing against us. A team that will be well drilled under Hartley and a team we could easily go into with the wrong attitude.

Be good to see us hopefully notch a few goals in another confidence boosting win which would put us odds on to qualify first in our group for the first time following a 3rd place finish and two 2nd place finishes. Therefore good wee chance we can be seeded for the next round if we take care of business and tonight is a pivotal game in that

No reason why we can't.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tonight's quite the test for us. Doubt we will have a defender as poor as Mendy playing against us. A team that will be well drilled under Hartley and a team we could easily go into with the wrong attitude.

Be good to see us hopefully notch a few goals in another confidence boosting win which would put us odds on to qualify first in our group for the first time following a 3rd place finish and two 2nd place finishes. Therefore good wee chance we can be seeded for the next round if we take care of business and tonight is a pivotal game in that

No reason why we can't.

Agree, all the possibility in the world that we could be caught by surprise, needs to be taken seriously. Cove will be missing a few players, most crucially Mitch Megginson, which neutralises Cove's main goal threat. As long as the defence holds strong and keeps their wits about them, and we have the same fluidity going forward as we did vs Raith, things could go very well for us. My hope is we do our GD the world of good.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Where's Meekings?

He's fit, but being rested due to still stepping up his comeback and us not wanting to take unnecessary risks according to McPake.

On back shift just now and I’m literally working about a 5 minute walk to the ground. I shall step outside on my tea break at 7:45 and hear the derry roar.

Mon the dee.

We clearly need another striker in and a creative player in midfield.

Just no depth and the young laddies, altough talented, are just not physical enough.

5 points and win on Saturday should put us in the driving seat.

But we need to be more clinical - 63% possesion 12 shots, 11 corners, but they still had more shots on target than we had.

At least we didn't lose like some other teams not so far away . . . 😀

6 minutes ago, Eh Peh Skeh said:

Sobering, consider the pars and lichties scored 12 between them against established league 2 opposition. I’m back to being less than convinced. We need signings urgently!

The vital role of punctuation...  😛

Edited by Spikethedee