All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Happy with that, makes total sense. Clearly did well in his first stint, and he's nowhere near the first team here. Hopefully has another good wee run.

Myself and G Man have been saying that for 2-3 years - and got shot down repeatedly.  A massive part of why we rarely hit anyone with a counter attack.  

ETA: I’ve loved that he has given all he has to the club but it’s simply not enough.  Too much sentimentality at our club!
Too much sentimentality and short termism at our club I'd go so far as to say

Reckon we have a chance of getting McInnes if McPake goes in the summer? Wishful thinking that McPake will go but some interesting back story with McInnes.

He applied for our job when Alan Kernaghan was punted and Alex Rae was chosen over him. He solidfied St Johnstone into the side they are now by getting them to the top flight and progressing them until he was poached by Bristol City. Always been a case of, 'could have been us'.

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Reckon we have a chance of getting McInnes if McPake goes in the summer? Wishful thinking that McPake will go but some interesting back story with McInnes.

Sounds great, we can only hope. Still expecting McPake to somehow get a 3rd crack at it.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He applied for our job when Alan Kernaghan was punted and Alex Rae was chosen over him. He solidfied St Johnstone into the side they are now by getting them to the top flight and progressing them until he was poached by Bristol City. Always been a case of, 'could have been us'.

Not a chance lol. He will get a job in England

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

More likely Tony Docherty or Paul Sheerin (assuming he isn't chosen after his interim stint). I believe the latter was interested in our job last time and was rejected out of hand.

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:

More likely Tony Docherty or Paul Sheerin (assuming he isn't chosen after his interim stint). I believe the latter was interested in our job last time and was rejected out of hand.

Started off really well with Arbroath and had them playing exciting football. Doesn't seem the brightest though!

I'd take a punt on someone like Docherty.

On 07/03/2021 at 18:13, AllSaint said:

I can’t get my head round folk who have a big team and a wee team though. Particularly when both clubs play in the same country and often the same league.  Nothing against him enjoying the win though. 

He doesn't have a big team and a wee team, he has a team he supports and a team he played for as a footballer for 8 years and has a lot of affinity for. Lots of footballers develop strong connections to clubs during their years there as a player.

28 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

He doesn't have a big team and a wee team, he has a team he supports and a team he played for as a footballer for 8 years and has a lot of affinity for. Lots of footballers develop strong connections to clubs during their years there as a player.

I’ve no issue at with him publicly celebrating Rangers title win, I’ve said as much about our players who did exactly the same. If he wants to cheer on two sides that’s his prerogative but let’s not pretend he doesn’t support both clubs. 

57 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

I’ve no issue at with him publicly celebrating Rangers title win, I’ve said as much about our players who did exactly the same. If he wants to cheer on two sides that’s his prerogative but let’s not pretend he doesn’t support both clubs. 

Adam is not just a supporter though, he's a footballer. I imagine he has a lot of affection for many of the clubs he played at, as do most players, when you actually play for a club you build a connection with it. John Hartson is a lifelong Swansea fan from Wales, he's obsessed with Celtic though because he spent 5 years there and became a club legend.