All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Big Kev’s a Dab now 🥲

Hide contents

Thanks for the memories at least

All the best to Kev, helped us out when we were in the shit by signing his deal.

Griffiths signed for Queens Park?

51 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Not in the squad. We have 2 strikers. Fucking unbelievable.

On the bright side only 1 keeper on the bench 

Spoiler

Position wise I mean

Edited by D TOTAL

I honestly don't know how this is possible, but after two full transfer windows as a top flight team, and having lost nobody of any real consequence, I actually think we're a poorer side right now than we were last spring/summer.

Created nothing of note with Adam and McGinn on the pitch tonight, then the shape completely fell apart as soon as we went 4-4-2, and yet again, as with every time we've played with two up front under McPake, we just became totally disorganised and hilariously easy to play straight through as soon as we made the switch.

Totally impossible to see how we'll stay in this league if we can't score against sides as shite as St.Johnstone and United. We won't see many more games where our own backline is so relatively untroubled the entire night, so given that we look like we could play for a month solid and not create anything or score ourselves, I really can't see where the points are going to come from. We're not going to grind out 10+ 0-0 draws.

I know I’m a fanboy but worth pointing out that’s 2 games on the trot Fontaine hasn’t put a foot wrong. I think he’s a leader, coaching the decathlete whilst he was on the park. Thought he did ok for a young lad making his debut in a cauldron. Nice nutmeg early on but a couple of potentially costly errors too.
McGinn did not deliver the promise shown at McDiarmid.
Rudden had a promising showing, I’d rather he started than Mullen who offers little.
2 games we needed to be winning, a better point for them than us.

I think Legz is flattered by how utterly shite the previous incumbent was by comparison. I think with Hamilton between the sticks for the whole of last season we are probably still a Championship club at this point in time. AL has made mistakes, and he's certainly no world-beater, but he isn't throwing one in his own net with anything like the regularity that flapjack did. On that basis alone he's a huge improvement, even if he's perhaps not up to the standard of being a long-term Premiership starter himself.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think Legz is flattered by how utterly shite the previous incumbent was by comparison. I think with Hamilton between the sticks for the whole of last season we are probably still a Championship club at this point in time. AL has made mistakes, and he's certainly no world-beater, but he isn't throwing one in his own net with anything like the regularity that flapjack did. On that basis alone he's a huge improvement, even if he's perhaps not up to the standard of being a long-term Premiership starter himself.

Real question is how shite is lawler?

17 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Ledzgins for me tonight gets very little praise, the very little he had to do tonight he did very poorly 

Whit? Cause he sliced 2 kicks? Siegrist done that about 4 times.

So, one game on from failing to beat an extremely poor St Johnstone side we are now in a worse position with one less game available to recover the situation.  St Johnstone of course doing something we have been incapable of doing this season - beating Livingston.

Out of the last 9 possible points, all of which were against bottom 6 sides, we have collected 2 points.  Nowhere near good enough to rescue the situation.

Whit? Cause he sliced 2 kicks? Siegrist done that about 4 times.

I’m his biggest critic but although he didn’t have a lot to do the legend looked calm and unflustered all night. We kept a clean sheet ffs. Are the defence meant to score all the goals too?
Mullen our poorest player tonight. We know he tries hard but has little skill, tonight showcased this. Rudden to start on Saturday.

Fair play, gave it their all. 

We're all used to being embarrassed in the derbies and we certainly weren't tonight. Good fighting display and edged the game apart from the last five when two up top seen our midfield decimated. 

Negatives:

So many corners with no reward. 

McMullen has a brilliant game but im afraid his delivery was a big issue tonight. 

The Utd fans - absolutely appalling. Complete silence throughout. 

Got to be looking to beat County on Saturday.

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Cammy , Liam, Sweeney , Byrne, and Paul McMullan all excellent tonight for me , 

McMullan is no doubt a nuisance that the opponents have to pay attention to, but I'm getting sick of watching him get into great positions and do absolutely nothing with it. Granted, if he did have a decent final ball in him he probably wouldn't be playing at Dens, but you'd think that just once in a blue moon he'd manage to pick out a team mate, put in an actual threatening cross, or not just fall over the ball/his own feet, but nope...