All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Seems a bit bizarre playing him there in a trial game but good he's showing some skills. Whats the new guy French looking like so far?

Distribution has been poor, got a bollocking from Bowyer.

1-1

Jakubiak

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Agreed and apart from his kicking Sharp really looks like a decent keeper.

Agreed. Also, this playing out from the back crap will cost us goals if we don’t get much better at it very  quickly…

Overall, Blackburn look the more physical side.  They are a quick passing side as well.  We had our best spell in the last 20 minutes I would suggest.  

I thought McGinn looked good when he came on and Cameron looks like he could be a good player. 

Certainly wouldn't be giving any of the 3 trialists even an extended trial tbh. 22 is the best of the 3 but I'm basing that on Montrose as all 3 were anonymous tonight.

That ref. Never seen anything like it. Completely lost the plot with Sweeney and had an absolute meltdown after FT. Took Bowyer to one side on the pitch and was shouting at him for about 5 minutes then had another go at Sweeney. :lol:

Overall, Blackburn look the more physical side.  They are a quick passing side as well.  We had our best spell in the last 20 minutes I would suggest.  
I thought McGinn looked good when he came on and Cameron looks like he could be a good player. 

Yeah I agree. We were better after the changes. It was a really good work out and a wake up call for our players. If you’re first touch wasn’t perfect you were getting dispossessed. Thought young Fin still looked a player when he came on and if we are going to pass it out from the back he is the ideal deep lying midfielder. He’s calm, reads the game well, good in the tackle and way more confident on the ball than Byrne. We’re a decent ‘team’ in the sense that we work hard and have a good spirit but we definitely lack quality. Maybe not the best of games to judge Barker and Frost on but thems the breaks and on the evidence of tonight I’d be putting them on the train tomorrow. Rowe - I’d want another look but he’s a possible.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Yeah I agree. We were better after the changes. It was a really good work out and a wake up call for our players. If you’re first touch wasn’t perfect you were getting dispossessed. Thought young Fin still looked a player when he came on and if we are going to pass it out from the back he is the ideal deep lying midfielder. He’s calm, reads the game well, good in the tackle and way more confident on the ball than Byrne. We’re a decent ‘team’ in the sense that we work hard and have a good spirit but we definitely lack quality. Maybe not the best of games to judge Barker and Frost on but thems the breaks and on the evidence of tonight I’d be putting them on the train tomorrow. Rowe - I’d want another look but he’s a possible.

Funny the way we see things differently, bar one turn which was pretty impressive when he left two men for dead, I thought Rowe was the worst of the trio!

Fisher impressed me the most tonight. He took the lead when he was paired with French and was the vocal CH organising the whole back-line. Had a decent game. Was anticipating stuff in midfield as well at times.

Edited by Ludo*1

Funny the way we see things differently, bar one turn which was pretty impressive when he left two men for dead, I thought Rowe was the worst of the trio!
Fisher impressed me the most tonight. He took the lead when he was paired with French and was the vocal CH organising the whole back-line. Had a decent game. Was anticipating stuff in midfield as well at times.

I thought he had 3 decent cameos including the one you mention, didn’t set the heather on fire. The other I thought the game passed them by. No better than what we’ve got. Re Fisher, the guys a prospect, did get bodied a bit. All our young crop look decent and I don’t like the idea of signing other nonentities that hamper their chances.