All things Dundee FC

Just now, Fifespud said:

When was the last time we won 7 nil?

Very good performance today, just hope young Zac’s napper is ok. 

I know we beat Forfar 7-0 in the League Cup in 2016, it was Greg Stewart's last game for us. Yordi Teijsse scored, it was that one-sided.

In the league, I honestly don't know.

26 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

When was the last time we won 7 nil?

Very good performance today, just hope young Zac’s napper is ok. 

We've been on the end of a few 7s from Rangers, Aberdeen & St Johnstone and we've dished out a fair few 6 goal pumpings.

@RossBFaeDundee mentioned the Forfar game but the last time we've hit a team for 7 in the league was against East Fife. Funnily enough, we gave Morten 7 just a season or two before this game.

Screenshot_20230401_184342_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230401_184431_Chrome.jpg

Sorry to dredge up a horrific memory but it's actually pretty much the 6th anniversary of one of the most gutless performances I've witnessed from Dundee which resulted in a 0-7 scoreline at Dens as well.

Screenshot_20230401_185937_Google.jpg

Edited by Ludo*1

Incredible performance today, obviously the best of the season so far. So many players were brilliant and MOTM was clearly Cameron but a special mention to Sweeney, Jakubiak and Mulligan who I thought were excellent. 

Two players who I'm not the biggest fan of McGhee and Hannant were really important to how we played also with the former taking the ball deep and making really good driving runs forward. 

Ayr and Today have been proper confidence builders at the right time with QP also losing the rag which has brought us right back in to it. Wouldn't have said that after the Partick game. 

Can't wait to see how we back up the two performances by a really hard away game in Arbroath.

Fucking pleasure to watch the team today.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've been on the end of a few 7s from Rangers, Aberdeen & St Johnstone and we've dished out a fair few 6 goal pumpings.

@RossBFaeDundee mentioned the Forfar game but the last time we've hit a team for 7 in the league was against East Fife. Funnily enough, we gave Morten 7 just a season or two before this game.

Screenshot_20230401_184342_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230401_184431_Chrome.jpg

Strangely I wasn’t at this match, probably because my son was 2 months old and I was trying to finish the house I was building so we could move in. 
Some very good players in that team and some I have no memory of whatsoever. Charnley - what a legend. 
Wont forget today in a while though. Glorious. 

7 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Incredible performance today, obviously the best of the season so far. So many players were brilliant and MOTM was clearly Cameron but a special mention to Sweeney, Jakubiak and Mulligan who I thought were excellent. 

Two players who I'm not the biggest fan of McGhee and Hannant were really important to how we played also with the former taking the ball deep and making really good driving runs forward. 

Ayr and Today have been proper confidence builders at the right time with QP also losing the rag which has brought us right back in to it. Wouldn't have said that after the Partick game. 

Can't wait to see how we back up the two performances by a really hard away game in Arbroath.

I thought McCowan was excellent as well - he seemed to have a free role and was all over the pitch.

What also impressed me was the number of players who were making themselves available when we had the ball and the numbers chasing down their players when they had it.

The work ethic today was excellent.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

5 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Like you I’ve not been totally convinced by Hannant but I thought he was total class today. Mulligan is growing into the right back role. Is the Forest Green rumour well known? 

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Like you I’ve not been totally convinced by Hannant but I thought he was total class today. Mulligan is growing into the right back role. Is the Forest Green rumour well known? 

First I had heard of that. Would be gutted to lose him because he shows real signs of quality at times.

if robinson went off with concussion he'll not be playing next week(i think) if not i'd just replace him with thomas and go with the same again...we're much much better when we get at teams..pity we didnt line up like this 6 months ago the cigars would already be out.

What a big game next week, should be a cracking away following. Sometimes there's mundane periods watching Dundee but next Saturday is massive and 20 minutes along the road. Wouldn't put my money on Queens going to Firhill and winning on Friday either so it could present an opportunity to go top again before the game in hand. 

Meanwhile, another week slips by with the DABs rooted to the bottom - if County can start to pick up then it won't really matter if the DABs can find a late period of results as they'll be slipping down to the Championship on a river of Hooleys tears for the second time in seven slippery years. 

Lets hope the expense of clearing river bed left infront of the Dode Fox will be enough to see Ogren leave his already failed post and leave the Dayglo fuds in financial ruin. 

Tonights song dedicated to Mulligan and Cameron who were two of our best performers today.

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

It’s not the Dundee way but wouldn’t it be brilliant to play QP on the last day of the season with the league in the bag. Smoking cigars in the stand (if there is a stand?). 

Wouldn't we all.

We keep winning then it is possible because I still think QP may struggle to get points out of their away games against Partick, Ayr and Morton.