All things Dundee FC

Pretty underwhelming if I'm honest. 

Lower league manager who's teams basically perform about at their level. Raith didn't pull up any trees and any time I watched them play I didn't see this fantastic footballing team that everyone raves about.

Remain open minded if it was the case as you need to get behind the manager but...meh.

Very surprised if that's the case and in all honesty I don't think either set of fans will be impressed. Dundee fans will expect far better candidates given what they can afford, and Rovers will be disappointed given the potential alternatives and how it disrupts our preparations for next season.

7 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Pretty underwhelming if I'm honest. 

Lower league manager who's teams basically perform about at their level. Raith didn't pull up any trees and any time I watched them play I didn't see this fantastic footballing team that everyone raves about.

Remain open minded if it was the case as you need to get behind the manager but...meh.

Think he did well at Raith, considering they didn't have a pot to piss in after the rapist fiasco.

Thank you.

At this stage, we are just going off McBookie who tends to shite the bed when more than a tenner is spent on these markets.

Murray might be our next manager but nothing concrete as of yet in any way whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

At this stage, we are just going off McBookie who tends to shite the bed when more than a tenner is spent on these markets.

Murray might be our next manager but nothing concrete as of yet in any way whatsoever.

As I said in our thread if it was happening surely the Courier (who covers both clubs) the Daily Ranger or Scott burns would’ve reported it by now

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

bit strange for mcbookie to tweet what they did also, do they normally do this sort of thing?

Apologies for bringing it back to Saints and Davidson, but this sticks in my mind

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

As I said in our thread if it was happening surely the Courier (who covers both clubs) the Daily Ranger or Scott burns would’ve reported it by now

We are pretty good about keeping the media in total darkness tbf. Very rarely do they get a scoop until minutes before the press conference.

Dunno what you lads are like on that front. Does seem strange that you've signed up quite a few over the past few days though.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We are pretty good about keeping the media in total darkness tbf. Very rarely do they get a scoop until minutes before the press conference.

Dunno what you lads are like on that front. Does seem strange that you've signed up quite a few over the past few days though.

Well Matt Elder Rovers fan and formerly of the Fife free press now with the Scotsman has put an article saying that Dundee has asked us for permission to speak to Murray about the Dundee job and he’s 1 of 4 on the shortlist 

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Think he did well at Raith, considering they didn't have a pot to piss in after the rapist fiasco.

Thank you.

They tried to play some decent football (a common trait among his teams), and I'm sure a Raith supporter will correct me on this but surely despite everything 7th was pretty much the bare minimum they'd have expected?

His Airdrie side absolutely bottled the playoffs against us too. We couldn't buy a win against them all season, and they finished 21 points ahead of us in the league.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im no fan of Davidson but, based on what exactly?

Well, up against all your lengthy and justified complaints about Davidson's recruitment and tactical stubbornness which have turned the top six side he inherited into a relegation battling mess, in his one season in the top flight Courts took a side who'd been eyebleedingly awful in finishing 9th as the lowest scorers in the division the season before he arrived to 4th.

It's firmly a qualified success with the general standard of the division that year and he was also mince at Honved so there are definite question marks about him, but given a choice between Davidson and Courts I'm taking Courts every time.

Ian Murray also seems a weird appointment if there's any truth in this. It's hard to see what he's done that justifies a step up, the most impressive job of his career remains the Dumbarton job. He got his move to St Mirren on the back of it and flopped, he's bounced back from that to establish a reputation as a decent full-time manager since but nothing he's done at Airdrie or Raith suggests he'd be a candidate for a Premiership club.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Would you not be better going for the guy who took over from Murray and managed to get Airdrie promoted than Murray himself?

Sign a new manager and a midfielder. Two birds, one stone - I like it.

I’d be prepared to give Murray a fair chance. He’s got a decent bit of experience in management, has had a bit of success but still has a lot to prove. He’d think we’d be a big opportunity for him and he’ll still think his career can be on an upward trajectory. That is he has something to prove. 

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The article also says 1 of 4 candidates. 

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The article also says 1 of 4 candidates. 

And surely if one of the other candidates is say, Robbie Neilson then it’s safe to say he would be higher up the pecking order than Murray….but obviously things like salary etc would maybe come into it.