All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So must Sharp then?

I'm hoping he's great but I think Legzdins on the face of it has to start with the gloves because we've signed someone with less first team experience than Harry Sharp on a temporary deal.

Not writing the boy off at all, but that's a worry IMO.

He’s a year older than Harry and has lived away from since he was 16. He could be massively more mature than Harry. 
Fingers crossed. As you know I’m in the ABL camp. 

Just now, Fifespud said:

He’s a year older than Harry and has lived away from since he was 16. He could be massively more mature than Harry. 
Fingers crossed. As you know I’m in the ABL camp. 

Yet Harry has been beating him to the U21 squad at a point they were both still eligible.

1 minute ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Legzdins 3rd choice for me this year. Sharp should go on loan. Means we still need another keeper.

Be a huge waste of resources if we had 4 keepers (even if one out on loan) on the books IMO. 

Legzdins cannot start in goal this season. It felt like 90% of the shots that were on target last season ended up in the back of the net. The only time I recall him making a decent save was last game against Queens Park and he still conceded 3 in that game. 

1 hour ago, K.T said:

Legzdins cannot start in goal this season. It felt like 90% of the shots that were on target last season ended up in the back of the net. The only time I recall him making a decent save was last game against Queens Park and he still conceded 3 in that game. 

Spot on.

Carson would've been perfect as everyone could've been safe in the knowledge that Legzdins would be the stand in but not first choice. 

As it is we need to hope this young lad has enough to kick on and be a stand out at this level. Fully prepared to give him that chance.

A goalkeeper is the most important position for a newly promoted team. That Utd team in two seasons ago who reached Europe purely done so through Siegrist. Every derby was an even match and how they made Europe was incredible. The signs were there that their honking team were on the verge of collapse and thankfully agent Ross decided that was when to deliver the fatal blow. 

A squad of 19 so far if i'm right. Five more required in the right positions which i have down as :

Left Back

Centre back

Centre Mid

Winger 

Striker

Throw in a utility player and our usual signing of a foreign huddy who won't make it into the squad all season and we're ready to go. 

f**k the Dabs as always. 

Thank you. 

Just now, Fifespud said:

Not sure that’s accurate Ludo as McCracken is 23?

Not sure what you mean?

I said when both were eligible ie, able to get into that side.

French Shaugnessy Mexian-Nutter Beck

I'm automatically tagging the Mexican as a nutter and will continually do so for the remainder of his time at Dens, even if he turns out to be a complete bag of bones. 

Even with Ashcroft coming in for Portales you'd have to hope that back four can give more than our feeble attempts of defending two years ago. Saying that i'd really love us to now sign a proper defensive midfielder sitting infront of them allowing the likes of Cameron, McCowan, Tiffoney and Robinson to link up ahead.  

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, K.T said:

It’s probably unlikely but i hope we go with two up front this season.

Is top knot still at the dab's? Him and Robinson could work, worth a cheeky offer? No silly money you samurai twit.

Thank you.

22 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Is top knot still at the dab's? Him and Robinson could work, worth a cheeky offer? No silly money you samurai twit.

Thank you.

Type of player we are missing tbh!