All things Dundee FC

He started in a friendly for them today and I can't see us just paying transfer fees all of a sudden but there's a suggestion that we are in for James Penrice at Livi. Can't see this one being true but it's the latest 'rumour'.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He started in a friendly for them today and I can't see us just paying transfer fees all of a sudden but there's a suggestion that we are in for James Penrice at Livi. Can't see this one being true but it's the latest 'rumour'.

Sorry but I'm not sure from this who was starting for whom in a friendly and who we'd be paying a fee for. Can't be the trialist left full back because from what I've seen he's been playing at the 7th tier of English football on loan from Forest Green Rovers after signing last summer. Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Baker said:

Sorry but I'm not sure from this who was starting for whom in a friendly and who we'd be paying a fee for. Can't be the trialist left full back because from what I've seen he's been playing at the 7th tier of English football on loan from Forest Green Rovers after signing last summer. Thanks in advance

James Penrice started in a friendly for Livingston today and it was him I was referring to.

On the youth players, thought they came onto a game by the end, particularly impressed by Finlay Allan who enjoyed storming up the right wing a fair bit for his whole appearance and deserved his goal in the end, though it couldn't have come any easier as he basically walked the ball into the net after it deflected right to him. Alex Barnett had a ton of impressive movement, and as someone who likes to think they keep up with the youth team I didn't know him. I do now! Euan Mutale had much more presence than I expected, big guy and should be a handful as he keeps bulking up, already some good strength and passing shown, definitely doesn't seem a selfish striker. Would have liked to have seen Richardson come on today considering the excitement he caused at North End at the end of last season, hopefully he'll get a chance at a run out in the following friendlies.

25 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

That was my first trip to Glebe Park today to see the famous hedge. Can I just comment @Hedgecutter on how perfect a playing surface they have there.

Aye, my first as well and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pitch was as immaculate as it was when I had seen it in photos. The wee ultras were some laugh, the chanting got pretty fierce between them and the young Dees who got close to them in the 2nd half 🤣 Great to see the young lads supporting their local team so vigorously.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can't see it happening. We'd be asking for 6 figures for him I'd imagine. Coincidentally we got him in a swap deal for Tiffoney.

I've talked to him a few times and one of the big things with him moving to us was down to him being from Livingston and his family staying in Livingston. I'd be shocked if he moved to Dundee imo. Any idea where the link came from? 

The one thing I could see working in the favour of the rumour is that we've got two great options at LB in Montano and Penrice, Penrice has played LW/RW and RM today. If we were to let him go we'd need to go get another LB in as cover/competition when we've just let another LB in Longridge leave in the summer

36 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I can't see it happening. We'd be asking for 6 figures for him I'd imagine. Coincidentally we got him in a swap deal for Tiffoney.

I've talked to him a few times and one of the big things with him moving to us was down to him being from Livingston and his family staying in Livingston. I'd be shocked if he moved to Dundee imo. Any idea where the link came from? 

The one thing I could see working in the favour of the rumour is that we've got two great options at LB in Montano and Penrice, Penrice has played LW/RW and RM today. If we were to let him go we'd need to go get another LB in as cover/competition when we've just let another LB in Longridge leave in the summer

I think it started on Twitter. One of those Dundee FC fan accounts. Not 100% sure.

Aye, can't see us splashing out and you don't seem to be in a position where you need to sell. 

We had a trialist LB from down South today. Much more likely route we will go down.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think it started on Twitter. One of those Dundee FC fan accounts. Not 100% sure.

Aye, can't see us splashing out and you don't seem to be in a position where you need to sell. 

We had a trialist LB from down South today. Much more likely route we will go down.

We also seem to be in the habit of not doing deals unless it's weighted in our favour. We apparently knocked back a paltry bid for Anderson from St Mirren as well. We don't tend to deal with Scottish clubs in general, most of our signings now are foreign or down south and the same goes for our sales (Dykes QPR, Nouble linked Ligue 1 and Belgian top flight)

Looks like I'll try and get up for a couple of the winter fixtures.

What are our box office fixtures this year? 

Also, I'd love to do an away day. 

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Girth said:

Looks like I'll try and get up for a couple of the winter fixtures.

What are our box office fixtures this year? 

Also, I'd love to do an away day. 

Thank you. 

The Derby is always worth the trip.

Oh, wait a minute...

28 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Hearts or Aberdeen away if you are wanting an away fixture. A night out in Inverness after Ross County away is decent as well. 

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

I know nothing about the boy but that's a back-up to Legzdins signing, surely? Confirms that the Carson rumour is rubbish too.

Despite knowing nothing about him, bit of a deflating one on the face of it. Hope he turns out to be the next Rab though, obviously!

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know nothing about the boy but that's a back-up to Legzdins signing, surely? Confirms that the Carson rumour is rubbish too.

Despite knowing nothing about him, bit of a deflating one on the face of it. Hope he turns out to be the next Rab though, obviously!

At his stage of his career I reckon he must think he’s got a reasonable chance of starting. 
As you say let’s hope he’s decent and that his talent demands he gets the jersey because with Ledzgins in goal it’s going to be an uphill struggle. 

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

At his stage of his career I reckon he must think he’s got a reasonable chance of starting. 
As you say let’s hope he’s decent and that his talent demands he gets the jersey because with Ledzgins in goal it’s going to be an uphill struggle. 

So must Sharp then?

I'm hoping he's great but I think Legzdins on the face of it has to start with the gloves because we've signed someone with less first team experience than Harry Sharp on a temporary deal.

Not writing the boy off at all, but that's a worry IMO.

Edited by Ludo*1