All things Dundee FC

51 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Quite frankly you wouldn't have got me in Ibrox or Celtic park for £13 quid, never mind £33. Absolute farcical prices, but will it ever change? Will it f**k. 

Tickets overall in Scotland have been rising to stupid levels. For example some of our championship games last season and Airdrie fans being charged £27 this weekend to visit Tannadump.

I love watching Dundee and championing Scottish fitba as much as I can, but lets face it - it's stale as f**k and only going to get worse with things like this.

Some of the best times of my life following Dundee to Glasgow.

Yeah you hope for a performance but if you get beat so be it, doesn't define the season.

Something tribal in being outnumbered 100/1 that gives you a buzz like no other games. 

Singing "i support my local team" and they can't respond because they know they bus it in from every corner of Scotland. 

4 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Roll up, Roll up. 

Tickets available for Celtic Park at prices £33 adults and £23 u16's. Of course that is for a full view of the game. If you'd like a bargain with a restricted view ticket you can get these for a mere £30 or £20.

What a farce. I'd urge every Dundee fan to tell these morons to shove it where the sun don't shine. 

For an adult taking a child of five and seven the price will be £79. This is the beginning of the end if all clubs adopt this method of theft. Don't play along with it folks or it's setting a dangerous precedent. 

(It's clear Dundee have reacted with the prices set for OF games at Dens, there has to then be something introduced not to shaft the home fans who PATG).

Thank you.

We're already past the point of no return.

I keep feeling like the squad is getting ridiculously big with so many new signings that it's tricky to name them all off the top of your head.  Looking at the Summer Transfers thread though, the squad is still smaller than last year with 18 out replaced by "only" 14 in.

Makes me a bit more hopeful that there could be room for 1 or 2 today, preferably a striker.  We already have the technical one, the small headless chicken, the big headless chicken and the big lump.  All we need now is someone that can actually score goals...

1 hour ago, stu2910 said:

I keep feeling like the squad is getting ridiculously big with so many new signings that it's tricky to name them all off the top of your head.  Looking at the Summer Transfers thread though, the squad is still smaller than last year with 18 out replaced by "only" 14 in.

Makes me a bit more hopeful that there could be room for 1 or 2 today, preferably a striker.  We already have the technical one, the small headless chicken, the big headless chicken and the big lump.  All we need now is someone that can actually score goals...

I'm kind of hoping we still get in another left back to provide competition with Beck. I get the feeling that another striker coming in would be on the condition of getting Rudden out. The combination of Bakayoko & Robinson isn't quite working yet, I think it will eventually and the only way for that to happen is sticking with those two in the faith that it does. Robinson will start taking his chances, I'm confident of it; he has had quite a few over the past three games. 

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I'm kind of hoping we still get in another left back to provide competition with Beck. I get the feeling that another striker coming in would be on the condition of getting Rudden out. The combination of Bakayoko & Robinson isn't quite working yet, I think it will eventually and the only way for that to happen is sticking with those two in the faith that it does. Robinson will start taking his chances, I'm confident of it; he has had quite a few over the past three games. 

Lamie will cover for Beck. A centre forward and an attacking midfielder would be braw. Probably pushing it though. 

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Any more signings expected today?

TD's line in the press was "never say never", but that he's happy with his squad as is.

On the rumours front, one of the few people on TDB with good info said he'd heard something about a German striker from a different source than usual, so make of that what you will. Another person claimed we have a "speedy winger" on trial, though again there's no more info on that.

11 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I thought Bakayoko and Robinson looked a lot better on Sunday. Bakayoko came into hospo after the game, he looked incredibly young, maybe because I’m incredibly old. Anyway he got asked ‘what was Big Dunc like as a manager?’  He looked around very nervously and said ‘he’s not here is he?’. Quite amusing. 

13 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I thought Bakayoko and Robinson looked a lot better on Sunday. Bakayoko came into hospo after the game, he looked incredibly young, maybe because I’m incredibly old. Anyway he got asked ‘what was Big Dunc like as a manager?’  He looked around very nervously and said ‘he’s not here is he?’. Quite amusing. 

I thought 2nd half especially Bakayoko started winning headers and ruffling up Hearts centrehalfs a bit. 

6 minutes ago, Girth said:

Sounds good on paper. 

It's a pretty low risk signing isn't it? If it doesn't work out then he goes back to Burnley in January. Like you say, sounds good on paper and comes from a decent level. My only issue is how many loan players we have but if they all do the job then who really cares?

20 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

It's a pretty low risk signing isn't it? If it doesn't work out then he goes back to Burnley in January. Like you say, sounds good on paper and comes from a decent level. My only issue is how many loan players we have but if they all do the job then who really cares?

Exactly. He'll be hungry to impress. Especially if he's out the picture at Burnley. Risk free signing. How many loan players are we allowed!?

2 hours ago, Girth said:

Exactly. He'll be hungry to impress. Especially if he's out the picture at Burnley. Risk free signing. How many loan players are we allowed!?

I'm not sure but we've had 6 (?) from down South and 1 from Motherwell. Makes me think the amount of loan players you can get from England is unlimited. Potentially 8 loan players come the end of today is mental mind you.

ETA - Apparently it is a limit of 8 players in or out. Reading this from an article last year. This doesn't apply to u21's or club-trained players. Probably reading this totally wrong but that might mean that Donnelly is going to go back to Forest and we get this guy in.

Edited by Pens_Dark