All things Dundee FC

24 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

First decent competent manager we've had in goodness knows how long, excellent stuff from the Doc. McPake getting found out in the Chumpionship as well, without Charlie Adam to bail him out.

Thank you.

Spot on. With all the changes I don’t actually think the Doc’s worked out our best team yet either. Great to have Tiffoney back, Bakayoko looked much more like himself, young Donnelly got 90 minutes and defo didn’t look out of place but for me, Shaughnessy and Carson are the beginning and end of our improvement - they’re superb. 

Deelighted.

Dreadful first half, but Docherty changed it to two up top and we dominated the second half from the first kick. 

Portales looks brilliant, certainly not one of these strange foreign signings we've had in recent times. Sylla won his fair share in the middle too and very composed at all times.

If we want to continue winning then we definitely need better than McGhee on the right - he gives us absolutely nothing and got skinned a good few times. Rudden was atrocious first half but looked a bit better with a partner. 

Into 4th sitting nicely above the diddies. Will enjoy for the next few days. Bring on Sevco and they won't enjoy a trip to Dundee with our current team. 

Onwards and upwards.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Deelighted.

Dreadful first half, but Docherty changed it to two up top and we dominated the second half from the first kick. 

Portales looks brilliant, certainly not one of these strange foreign signings we've had in recent times. Sylla won his fair share in the middle too and very composed at all times.

If we want to continue winning then we definitely need better than McGhee on the right - he gives us absolutely nothing and got skinned a good few times. Rudden was atrocious first half but looked a bit better with a partner. 

Into 4th sitting nicely above the diddies. Will enjoy for the next few days. Bring on Sevco and they won't enjoy a trip to Dundee with our current team. 

Onwards and upwards.

Thank you.

Cammy is a better option at right back without a doubt. McGhee is going to have to be punted. Just not good enough wherever you play him. 

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Cammy is a better option at right back without a doubt. McGhee is going to have to be punted. Just not good enough wherever you play him. 

You know I'm not a Kerr fan but I'd agree. McGhee was hiding at times. Didn't win a header all match, skinned three or four times and doesn't give us anything in attack. If he gets the ball he always just passes the buck back to the right side of the three CB. Mulligans injury not helping with that position at the moment.  

Did see that French completed another 90 minutes for Morten today. Possibly recalled in Jan I'd assume.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

You know I'm not a Kerr fan but I'd agree. McGhee was hiding at times. Didn't win a header all match, skinned three or four times and doesn't give us anything in attack. If he gets the ball he always just passes the buck back to the right side of the three CB. Mulligans injury not helping with that position at the moment.  

Did see that French completed another 90 minutes for Morten today. Possibly recalled in Jan I'd assume.

Thank you.

If French turns out to be as good as all think he is his return is going to be enormous, because the 2 positions we are currently weak in are 2 and 9. 
Let’s hope we keep this up. We’ve waited years for this. I really fancy a wee Euro trip. 

4th place in the league having just 2 wins out of 9 is some laugh, shows how it really doesn't take all that much to get a shot at the Euro spots if you can just keep some kind of form defensively, which so far we are definitely doing.

If only we hadn't shat the bed against the Saintees, we'd be sitting pretty and 10 points clear of bottom already. 7 points is very nice as is, but alas.

41 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Said last week McGhee is no better up that wing  than Cammy , and I’d have to look back but I’m pretty sure it was you said no , and asked for the amount of assists from Cammy , now I know Cammy is not the answer but he’s a better option than Jordon , hopefully in January Doc can pick up a better than average right back , then we could have Cammy as back up , and hopefully move on McGhee as I can’t see him replacing the current centre halves either 

14 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Said last week McGhee is no better up that wing  than Cammy , and I’d have to look back but I’m pretty sure it was you said no , and asked for the amount of assists from Cammy , now I know Cammy is not the answer but he’s a better option than Jordon , hopefully in January Doc can pick up a better than average right back , then we could have Cammy as back up , and hopefully move on McGhee as I can’t see him replacing the current centre halves either 

Time to look back.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Spot on. With all the changes I don’t actually think the Doc’s worked out our best team yet either. Great to have Tiffoney back, Bakayoko looked much more like himself, young Donnelly got 90 minutes and defo didn’t look out of place but for me, Shaughnessy and Carson are the beginning and end of our improvement - they’re superb. 

Those 2 really are. 

45 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Like mentioned above an injury free Tyler French is the answer with Mulligan another really good option. The performances of Portales, Shaughnessey, Lamie/Donnelly allow us the more attacking options.